• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We are Back!

tigger2on

<font color=6699CC>I can't believe I read this WHO
Hi everyone,
Well we made the best of a wet situation..... it rained 3 out of 5 fulldays in Disney.

Stayed at Summerfield Suites LBV.... really liked it. Two bedrooms - one with a king bed and one with 2 doubles... both had ensuite bathrooms, big closets,t.v. and dressers.
Full kitchen ... but didn't use it except for Microwave and fridge
Living room was small but worked for 3 adults and one child in wheelchair.
Didn't use pool... too cold.

Did AK first day. sunny and warm but cool breeze. Lots of character greetings but disabled DD is scared of them so we skipped them. She was asked to be in the Festival of Lion King performance and had a blast.... got it all on video. Loved the parade. She was more interested in the driver than the animals on safari.

Next Epcot and World Showcase .... in the rain. Very wet but made best of it. Ate lunch in japan at the teppanki place... good food and filling. Did the Kidcot masks but parade was cancelled. Decided to go home early and try on our last day.

WEnt to the new Millenia Mall ... bit too snobbish for my taste but got a beautiful red Xmas dress for RYleigh for 1/2 price at Bloomingdales. Rained all day again.

MVMCP on the 10th. LOVED THIS EVENT!!! wasn't too crowded and got to ride almost everything. Saw both parades and fireworks. Mickey's Twas the NIght before Xmas was Great!!! Would definitely consider doing this again.

MK and World Showcase on the 11th. Saw the snaowglobe parade and rode Alladins carpets. Other than that walked around. Ate at UK Rose and Crown..... food was fantastic. WILL go eat there again! Plus the staff were really friendly. Saw Tapestry of Nations parade... wasn't too impressed. DD was bored. Saw CP.... great performance and watched Illuminations for VIP viewing area by fluke.

Also ate at TGIF's, Jungle JIm's , Uno Pizzeria, and Tony Roma's.
Flew Air Canada and had great servive but I hate the small planes.

They have a great sweatshirt with the shape of ickeys head and ears with the american flag in it. Bought 2... great quality... really heavy and thick. DD got MVMCP sweatshirt and special beanie, a goofy xmas beanie, and a Fantasia Mickey.

Now planning 2003 trip!

welcome back:D sounds like you did a lot and had a great time despite the rain. i'm really enjoying reading everyones trip report from this time of year, as dd and i are planning to be there early dec/03. we have never been this time of year. were you in awe of all the decorations? did you have xmas shopping done first ...or or you just tackling that now? i bet wdw really put you in the festive mood :D

kathe

My xmas shopping has been done since SEptember! I hate the malls and stuff at this time of year. I did pick up a few bits and bobs at World of Disney but otherwise..... finished ages ago. Plus... with our exchange, it isn't worth shopping over border.
Though I must admit we were in New York State this past weekend and I went to Kmart and bought myself 2 pairs of denim overalls for $24 US inclusive. I have Pooh emboriderd on one and Eyeore on the other.

Welcome back tigger2on! :)

That's great that your DD was a participant in the LK show!

MVMCP is a blast, glad to hear you enjoyed it! :)

Kim :)

Sounds great! Are there any new things to report? We haven't been since 2001.
My sister loves the outlet malls (more than WDW) did you go to these?

Welcome back! Glad you enjoyed your resort so much.

Welcome back tigger2on! :) Sounds like a wonderful trip despite the rain. Where is the new Millenia Mall?

There is a sign. It is above the Beeline and Universal studios end. Took us 15 minutes to drive there view freeway from exit from exit 67 or downrown disney

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter