Delete Thread

I agree, the ride was dumb and a poor version of a video game in my opinion. I didn’t even think about the 2D aspects, makes sense. Is Kong 3D because I really liked that one. The ride vehicle is similar and screens on both sides.

Cute outfit and selfies!

Yeah, sounds like I will be skipping Fast and the Furious next time I am at Universal.

Your room at RPR looks so nice! I am tossing around the idea of staying on-site at Universal on our next trip and this resort is in the running.

That Fast and the Furious ride seems like a hard pass from me. I feel like that theme could have been well done with a rollercoaster, or heck, rip off Test Track technology.

Yes definitely! I would totally ride a TT rip off.

This room looks so lovely! Maybe someday I'll actually stay in a Universal hotel.

You should! They really do have nice rooms there, and a lot of the rooms are new or recently redone.

Thank you!

This is what happens when the room key isn't a MB! :rotfl:

Exactly! I'd never lose my room key at Disney because I love my Guardians MB so much I want to wear it all the time :rotfl:

I've never seen any of the movies either because I can't stand Vin Diesel and don't like car movies anyway lol

:rotfl: I can't really say I've seen many Vin Diesel movies though I like him as Groot, but car movies are definitely not my thing either.

Finally here and following along. I always love your TRs because they’re always entertaining and informative. puckerup:

Thank you! And thanks for following along!

Ha! I was 16 when the first movie came out. I saw it in theaters with a friend. I remember peeling out of that parking lot in my 1987 Honda Civic like I was driving a Ferrari. Yeah, good times back then.

The room looks very nice!

:rotfl:

They are nice, we really like them!

I agree, the ride was dumb and a poor version of a video game in my opinion. I didn’t even think about the 2D aspects, makes sense. Is Kong 3D because I really liked that one. The ride vehicle is similar and screens on both sides.

Cute outfit and selfies!

That is what it looked like! Kong is 3D and looks much better, we really like Kong.

Thank you!

Yeah, sounds like I will be skipping Fast and the Furious next time I am at Universal.

Your room at RPR looks so nice! I am tossing around the idea of staying on-site at Universal on our next trip and this resort is in the running.

It's definitely not worth the wait it's going to have for awhile.

They are really nice! I think they recently redid the whole hotel. I love staying onsite during the Universal portion of our trip it's much easier.

I agree with this! Ha!

I love the flowers on the wall in the hotel room. So pretty!

:thumbsup2 I'm glad someone else remembers what Ana Lucia did :rotfl:

That's my favorite part too they're so pretty.

Just got back Saturday had a great time :D

Can't wait to watch both your vlogs but have to wait till after work :surfweb:
I love the rooms at RPH and your view is so pretty.
Glad you got to meet Spiderman
DD and I are fans of the Fast and Furious movies in the way they're so bad they're good lol
We liked the ride but didn't love it.
I have to read your dining reviews next.

Joining in a little late .

I was there about the same time you were ( saw you at HS on line for TSMM - but too far away to get your attention - well maybe I could have but not without causing a loud scene )

My first trip to Universal. We were only there for 2 days - stayed at Hard Rock. We got a lot done in those two days though . My nephews loved MIB - we rode multiple times . I am with you on Fast and Furious. Never saw the movies and wasn’t impressed with the ride .

I love roller coasters so I definitely liked that part of Universal better than WDW. ( my brother and his family are the same - this was their planned trio - I just got to tag along )

We went to pick up Josh's brother (Josh drives and his brother takes the car home), but his brother was still asleep :confused3 It took Josh a bit to get him up, and I'm not sure why he didn't just set an alarm.
Is this the one who gets his burgers without a bun but with 20 salt packets? :rotfl:
If you've never been on it, it's really fun. It's a simulator but I've never has an issue on it. A lot of people say it's the same as the Transformers one, but that one did bother me (and I don't care for Transformers much).
Spiderman is so much better than Transformers :)
Creepy sun in Toon Lagoon! :rotfl:
How did I miss this when we were there??
Once you get on the ride you find out Shaw has found everyone anyway, there's some weird party scenes where everyone is dressed like it's 2003 (and frankly though the party seems to be the main point of the queue it was a very small piece of the overall ride and I feel like there could've been another reason everyone was there), and then there's obviously a car chase you get stuck in. Two things about this part of the ride: they made the odd choice to keep the ride in 2D which makes everything look kind of silly (in our opinion), and the ride is very very short like maybe a minute and half max.
I was pretty unimpressed with their preview of this out in Cali in 2016... of course, I was also not too impressed with the Kong preview either... I swear for Kong they showed the whole Kong/Dino scene :confused3 Doesn't it defeat the preview if you show the entire climatic ending? I can't remember now if they showed those in 2D or 3D, it was part of the tram tour there.

F and F sounds like an interesting concept. How does it compare with the Jimmy Fallon one, of which I was not too impressed with either, and the virtual line seemed better than the ride.
I like the RPR too, the rooms feel brighter than the Poly. And I felt like I always kept losing my room key! Magic bands have spoiled me.
What selfie camera are you using?

In random news, my DD and I binge watched your YouTube channel the other day. She says she likes your "costumes" I assume she means your outfits, lol!

It was time for our virtual pass for Fast and Furious! The ride was supposed to open the day before, but they had ended up officially opening it a few days ahead of schedule so the day before was really just the media event.

That's so cool you got to do the new ride!

I should mention before going any further that we're not Fast and Furious fans, we've never seen any of the movies, don't care much for cars, and I'm not a fan of Michelle Rodriguez because I'm still not over Ana Lucia aka the worst character on Lost :rotfl:

Haha, I have seen them all, but they are pretty much very cliche and the characters are exactly what you'd expect them to be.
Yes I did not like Michelle Rodriguez's character on LOST! Actually there were a lot of annoying characters on LOST but thank goodness they all died at some point. :rotfl:

After that we waited in another line to load. All in all I'd say even with the virtual pass and the line not seeming long we waited about 40 mins which is way longer than I like to wait for rides. Once you get on the ride you find out Shaw has found everyone anyway, there's some weird party scenes where everyone is dressed like it's 2003 (and frankly though the party seems to be the main point of the queue it was a very small piece of the overall ride and I feel like there could've been another reason everyone was there), and then there's obviously a car chase you get stuck in. Two things about this part of the ride: they made the odd choice to keep the ride in 2D which makes everything look kind of silly (in our opinion), and the ride is very very short like maybe a minute and half max.

HzNB1tW.gif

But I guess that's what happens when you're drive fast and furious!

Afterwards Josh called it "Wait in Line: The Ride" :rotfl: Our opinion after riding was that they put so much detail into the queue and it really was the best part (and the longest too there were at least 5 rooms before the 2 pre-shows, + the loading area spanned quite a bit of space too), but it felt like they just didn't put in the effort when it came to the ride itself. If the line were really short or I'd be guaranteed to only wait a few mins with EP I'd maybe give it another try, but it's definitely not a "must do" in the future.

Interesting ride. How does it compare to that Jimmy Fallon ride? i can't remember if that ride was in 3D either.

After the ride we looked around in a few stores (we were trapped by the parade) :lmao: before heading back to RPR, we had gotten the message that our room was ready, but unlike at Disney; you do need to go back to the desk to check in. This was the first time we had gotten a king bed (the only room available with the discounted rate when I booked). The layout of the room is reversed from how it is in the 2 queen rooms, but otherwise the same. I love the rooms here (and the showers!), and I enjoy the theme and decor too.

Zla7TQpl.jpg

I've always liked their rooms. Even before the renovation, their rooms were very comfortable.

I also hadn't really had the chance to try out my new selfie camera so here's a weirdly lit selfie:

ykOKXIzl.jpg

It's a cool effect though! What selfie camera are you using?

After dinner we headed back to the room for the night, but of course when we got to our room we realized that somehow we had both left our keys in the room :lmao: We had to go get a new one at the front desk, and then we watched more crime shows before bed.

That's what happens when you're spoiled by Magic Bands!

Oh man your attempt to get a good picture had me laughing out loud. This one is too darn funny!

You ended up getting a super cute one! Love this!

In fact prior to this trip we didn't really remember the first one, and now after watching the whole thing again I have to say I love it just as much as the second one.

Ever since James Gunn said there are big Easter eggs to be found I've been watching them nonstop. Guardians 2 has really grown on me a lot! Do you get to experience the Guardians dance party this summer?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter