Delete Thread

Sadly, several episodes of The Office and half of Harry Potter 3 later it was still raining...every time it got close to looking like it would stop it would start pouring again.
We've had rain on our trips before but always on our longer trips, so a day, day and a half of rain isn't a big deal. Last month when we were there for 3 nights it rained 1. 5 days and it sucked lol. I know you can still have fun when it rains, but I don't like it :snooty:

Let's look at each other with our eyes closed!"
OMG this picture :rotfl2:

I love your Homer shirt
There’s something about snuggling in your hotel watching a good movie :cloud9:
We watched Captain America Civil War when it rained down there
Hadn’t seen it in a while so good
Thanks for sharing your pics the shadow room looks like fun perfect tribute to Peter Pan :tink:

Me: "Okay so don't people close their eyes when they drink? Maybe that would look more natural. Let's look at each other with our eyes closed!"
:rotfl2:
This failed pretty majorly as you can tell Josh is super confused as to what we're doing and why :rotfl:
Zack over taking one picture of food.
Where we watched Empire, some crime shows, and then Josh asked if I wouldn't mind watching Guardians of the Galaxy again because he hadn't seen it in a long time. (I did not mind at all :rotfl:) In fact prior to this trip we didn't really remember the first one, and now after watching the whole thing again I have to say I love it just as much as the second one.
I really like the second movie, but I feel like all the first one is missing is baby groot :laughing: I think the intro on the first is one of my favorite movie intros ever.
I usually have a PTR going on at all times, but decided to wait on my next one so I have nowhere to share random life pictures. So since this post is short here's 2 from this weekend!
I really want to start a PTR for September, and then for next summer, like a combo one. And then I look at my two unfinished trip reports... and I kind of want to do a mini TR that highlights the other three trips we took with our APs... I have a problem :confused3

ETA: The other night, I started showing Zack your report and he was like, we should plan a trip where we see them again! I was like, well, if we go in September... :rotfl:

Last edited:

don't care much for cars, and I'm not a fan of Michelle Rodriguez because I'm still not over Ana Lucia aka the worst character on Lost :rotfl:

OMG, I HATE her for that same reason! When she EVER —— with my Sawyer! :furious:

Afterwards Josh called it "Wait in Line: The Ride" :rotfl: Our opinion after riding was that they put so much detail into the queue and it really was the best part (and the longest too there were at least 5 rooms before the 2 pre-shows, + the loading area spanned quite a bit of space too), but it felt like they just didn't put in the effort when it came to the ride itself.

Ugh…that ride sounds super disappointing. I'm not a fan of FatF…have never seen any of the movies, but they could have made a cool ride, like an ACTUAL ride, ala Test Track or something. Instead, UO took the lazy way out. They really are a one trick pony. I was disappointed in the King King ride for the same reason…same ride, different screen (plus I had a BIG problem with how jammed they put us on that bus seat and some sweaty lady's arms and legs kept touching me, but I think that's just my issue :rolleyes1…I'd never go back on it again though.)

then got ready for dinner. Here's my outfit for the night:

N5Z2pq7l.jpg

Pretty :flower3:

And finally one of us both (even though for some reason this one came out blurry):

SFnaHt4l.jpg

Still a cute pic :-)

Here's my dinner outfit:

TMdi40tl.jpg

I love that shirt!

This failed pretty majorly as you can tell Josh is super confused as to what we're doing and why :rotfl:

Me: "Okay so don't people close their eyes when they drink? Maybe that would look more natural. Let's look at each other with our eyes closed!"

And finally we give up :lmao:

Oh my, those pictures are HILARIOUS!:rotfl: Thanks for sharing!

my only explanation of these movies going into this ride were from an overzealous customer back when I worked in FYE (a cd/dvd store, they have different names depending on the region) who would call and sometimes give us plot descriptions with his own added flair.

:rotfl:

I have seen all of one of these movies, and it was projected on a sheet in somebody's backyard at about 2am at a post-prom party when I was in high school. All I know/remember about these movies is that Vin Diesel is in the them, there are cars that are driven fast, and there's illegal activity. That's all I got.

He calls back in to say the buses are ready, but then Dom calls to say something about the FBI and a guy named Owen Shaw (I assume the bad guy) getting in the way and how they have to get us out of the situation but also use the party as a distraction.

:confused3:confused3

there's some weird party scenes where everyone is dressed like it's 2003

Afterwards Josh called it "Wait in Line: The Ride" :rotfl:

Bahaha :laughing: But seriously though, no kidding.

Our opinion after riding was that they put so much detail into the queue and it really was the best part (and the longest too there were at least 5 rooms before the 2 pre-shows, + the loading area spanned quite a bit of space too), but it felt like they just didn't put in the effort when it came to the ride itself.

Like really though! How many queue rooms and pre-shows do you need!!? It seems like that's all you guys did at this ride!

I just love palm trees :lovestruc

Me too :lovestruc Quite a novelty for those of us who live up north.

Luckily, breakfast is until noon on the weekends in Universal #RulesToLiveBy

DaGeAeM.gif

This should be a rule of life. I love breakfast. So much.

:laughing:

But during dinner Josh started to get a migraine (rainy days like this are definitely a major trigger).

:sad1: That's too bad! Poor Josh.

I figured I would just head to IOA myself and maybe see the night show and do a few rides...but the minute I tried to set off it started pouring again.

Man, you guys were having a rough time! Things just were not working out for you to get out of the hotel! But it sounds like a decent stay-in kinda day.

Every time we walked into another room, I was like where is the ride? :lmao:

I know poor thing! With the rain going on the way it did we figured it might be coming. I guess it was better he got one on a day we were staying in anyway but still no fun. Lately he's made some diet changes and stuff that seem to be helping him manage them better/not get them as much though.

That's great! I hope things keep improving for him. Anything is better than nothing. I get it though—weather does me in, too. Really heavy/long rain days, or nasty winter storm systems get me every time.

Unfortunately our brunch experience wasn't at all like last year's which was one of the highlights of our trip.

Uh oh... :( Heading over to read this review next. Makes me worried to hear that though.

I wanted to include this because apparently I thought it important to note that day, but the monorail smelled like pee :rotfl:

Haha ew.

Josh wanted try and make the same face as this tiki :rotfl::

KDtsx64l.jpg

Bahaha spot on!!

Although I always want everything in Boutiki.

This store is so tempting.

This is one of the photo ops in the store, although looking at other people's pictures I think I was supposed to take the picture from the other side, not the open side but whatever :rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl: Oh well, I like yours better!

Just getting caught up with your TR and now I have to hop over to your DR and find out what happened at your California Grill brunch! Your time at Universal looks like fun and your hotel is lovely. One day I am going to get over there! Great strategy on spending a bit of time resort hopping, I always love having a chance to do that on my trips too.

Other than brunch being a disaster, y'all had a nice lil day! I love DS so much, but it's the worst in the rain; you were smart to get outta there.

Looking forward to your EPCOT evening.

I love your dress very pretty
Boutiki is a great store and we really like the one in the CR too
We’ve stayed at the BWI before and I never noticed those creepy chairs :eek:
Another cute shirt with Gamora and your Rocket MB is awesome :cool2:
Glad the rain stopped finally

So cute! Love this outfit!

Unfortunately our brunch experience wasn't at all like last year's which was one of the highlights of our trip. But I'll let you read about it here:

Still super bummed that it wasn't as great as last time

I wanted to include this because apparently I thought it important to note that day, but the monorail smelled like pee

The monorails can smell super FUNKY

YASSS QUEEN

This is adorable... I may need this.

Here's us leaving for the brunch:

aT5DWm9l.jpg

Being fancy at brunch with mimosas:

jIcONOIl.jpg

Very nice :D

Unfortunately our brunch experience wasn't at all like last year's which was one of the highlights of our trip. But I'll let you read about it here:

California Grill Brunch Review

Bummer! I'll check out your review soon!

I wanted to include this because apparently I thought it important to note that day, but the monorail smelled like pee :rotfl:

I guess that's a thing, though I've never noticed it. Ryno recommends bringing Clorox wipes with you and wiping down the seats. I think he may have been kidding, but when you suggest something like that to a super OCD person like me, that actually sounds like a good idea! I already bring them and wipe down the plane, now I'll have to bring them to wipe down the monorail :crazy2:

We did a little shopping, but didn't get anything. Although I always want everything in Boutiki.

Me too!

I think I was supposed to take the picture from the other side, not the open side but whatever :rotfl:

Oops! :laughing:

We've only been to the Boardwalk once to look at Christmas decorations a few years ago, so we never really looked around. Here are the famed (and very creepy) Nanny chairs:

IuM0EY3l.jpg

According to a book I read they're called that because back in the day that's where nannies would sit while kids rode the carousel. It would've been undignified for a nanny to get on one of the horses too so spaced throughout the carousel where these chairs.

Interesting, but yea…super weirdly creepy :scared1:

Next up

We head to Epcot for our first round of Flower & Garden!

Yay, for the rain finally stopping and F & G!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter