We are here now.

TeenaS

DIS Veteran
If anyone has questions, we are here now and would be happy to answer them.

This isn't a question but we were just there a few weeks ago and I have a recommendation! If you have a spare 30-45 minutes, I highly suggest doing the nature tour that's on the Daily 'Iwa. It was really neat to learn about how Rhode and the designers of the resorts incorporate natural aspects of Hawaii and Hawaiian culture into the resort.

Enjoy your magical time!

I have a question even though you've returned from your stay. Was the lazy river and/or slides shut down during your visit? Also were any of the pools closed or heaters not working? Just curious :)

I have a question even though you've returned from your stay. Was the lazy river and/or slides shut down during your visit? Also were any of the pools closed or heaters not working? Just curious :)
One of the pools/lazy river was closed the entire time we were there. The first 2-3 days it was the big pool and everything else was open. Then the lazy river went down for 4 days and everything else was open. I was in all the pools and they felt nice to me. Not warm like a hot tub but not like the ocean either. I assume the heaters were working. We loved all the pools/slides/lazy river. The beach was also wonderful.

One of the pools/lazy river was closed the entire time we were there. The first 2-3 days it was the big pool and everything else was open. Then the lazy river went down for 4 days and everything else was open. I was in all the pools and they felt nice to me. Not warm like a hot tub but not like the ocean either. I assume the heaters were working. We loved all the pools/slides/lazy river. The beach was also wonderful.

How come the lazy river was closed?? That must have been disappointing???

How come the lazy river was closed?? That must have been disappointing???
Maintenance ...not disappointing. There are other pools and the ocean. Of course all pools have to go down for.maintenance and of course it would be scheduled during the off season so it is totally understandable. Look at blizzard beach and typhoon lagoon at WDW...in off season, one is down for an entire month. They have to maintain everything and when you decide to go during the slow season, i expect to find maintenance happening. Now if it was scheduled in the middle of the summer, I would be annoyed.

Maintenance ...not disappointing. There are other pools and the ocean. Of course all pools have to go down for.maintenance and of course it would be scheduled during the off season so it is totally understandable. Look at blizzard beach and typhoon lagoon at WDW...in off season, one is down for an entire month. They have to maintain everything and when you decide to go during the slow season, i expect to find maintenance happening. Now if it was scheduled in the middle of the summer, I would be annoyed.

I enjoyed your response :) I never get upset when I'm visiting a hotel and/or resort when anything is closed for maintenance. It's bound to happen and like you said, there were other pools and the ocean, of course. I've visited the Parks where guests have been so upset with the CM (for instance Space Mountain) and my friend chimed in saying "well I'd rather be safe than sorry!!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter