We did it! Owners at OKW 2057 expiration :)

katriscari

Mouseketeer
We started going to Disney World in 2014 when our son was 5. It was a celebration of no more daycare bill and our first family vacation! It was just going to be a one time thing, and we fell in love. Ever since our first trip I rented points from a great guy I found on Disboards. We've gone every year since, sometimes multiple times a year. I've watched DVC resale prices increase over the last couple of years and resale benefits disappear (and kicked myself over & over again for not buying!), I've done research, talked myself out of it a couple of times, then did the DVC tour on our trip this past week.....

I knew going in I only wanted to buy OKW points with a 2057 expiration (we love the laid back feel and size of the studios along with the proximity to Disney Springs). We feel like we can do Disney there or not be fully immersed in it there if we need a relaxing break from the parks. I found that these resale contracts are not that easy to find, could be stripped, etc. I knew to start off I did not want a ton of points and a huge financial burden either.

They made it so easy for us to take the leap with excellent credit. Our salesman was not pushy at all. He knew I did research, so he did not try to sell me something I did not want. We bought 100 OKW points ($155/point) (enough for a studio for a week during our fave season), April use year, and got 2019 points to bank as well.

I decided direct initially because I want the member benefits. We visited the lounge in Epcot twice last week when it was raining and also the top of the world lounge on evening. We also used the discount at shops and restaurants. I know there are no guarantees, but I feel like Disney will not take EVERYTHING away. I have a 2 year old who will not be free next year....so for a family of 4 I can save $1200 on AP'S that would cover 2 years of trips! Those savings will add up.

I am hoping we can have this initial loan paid off in 2 years, and then we can look at adding on at our other favorite resort, animal kingdom lodge (resale).

I still had Disney depression after 10 glorious nights at OKW, but it sure disappeared quickly knowing I can bank 100 points very soon and book next year's trip in about 6 weeks!

Last edited:
Congratulations, OKW is a great resort. We also own 100 points there. We purchased ours direct for the 2057 expiration and to get the 2018 points and banked them. The studios are huge, lots of Tom in those compared to the layout of all the rest. We love Olivia’s and the Gurgling Suitcase.we also own at SSR. We do a spring trip, a fall trip then a spring trip a week earlier to get 3 uses out of our season passes.

Welcome Home!

Here’s hoping that you have many fun-filled years enjoying your ownership!

Congrats! Welcome Home. Hope you are as happy as we have been these past 23 years with OKW!

Congrats!! :flower1: Sounds like a good plan!

We just bought our first (resale) contract and I’m already imagining adding on. OKW is on my list, and for the extended contract I do think buying direct makes sense with the perks etc. Maybe I can convince DH in a couple years... :ssst:

Congratulations. OKW is a sentimental favorite for me. My grandparents bought in early on and we had several great family vacations there.

Even though AKV is our home resort, we've stayed at OKW for about half of our trips since buying in 2012. We've got a trip there planned this August as well.

Congratulations & Welcome Home! OKW is indeed a very relaxing/chill oasis in the middle of the whole WDW hustle n’ bustle. I actually spent a couple days there studying for my Series 7 Exam (finance)- while my wife, and in-laws hit the parks. Worked great! Lol. Always cool that OKW is where it all started for DVC too...

Congratulations!! I'm still debating if we're going to buy resale or direct, but also looking at OKW (2057), AKL and SSR. Really hoping we'll get our house sold soon and can be DVC members in a few months :)

I have been looking to doing a resale (100 or less) add on for OKW ( 2057) and can't find anything for a Feb use year. Everything is 2042. Still looking

I have been looking to doing a resale (100 or less) add on for OKW ( 2057) and can't find anything for a Feb use year. Everything is 2042. Still looking
You don't see to many 2057 contracts, now even fewer under 100 points, finding one with a February use year might take a couple years. I saw a 100 point June contract with no 2019 points for 113 per point. Buying direct costs a little more, but it comes loaded from DVC.

Congratulations Neighbor! OKW is the first DVC we stayed at and to me - it truly is a magical relaxing resort...

Congratulations I do agree the old Key West resort have the largest accommodations they also use the least amount of points so you get the best bang for your buck but the greatest thing is you can use them in all the resorts have fun .

You don't see to many 2057 contracts, now even fewer under 100 points, finding one with a February use year might take a couple years. I saw a 100 point June contract with no 2019 points for 113 per point. Buying direct costs a little more, but it comes loaded from DVC.

This is precisely why we did it. We know we will go back next year and now have banked points we will be able to use as well. Plus, we get the Disney "perks" for being members. We will most definitely add on resale, but for us just getting in the door was most important at the resort we love the most with the longer expiration. Our older child is only 10, and our little guy is not even 3. Lots of years of Disney left for us when Momma loves it! Plus, it is the cheapest resort through Disney too when compared with others they may have available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!