We did it ! We bought into DVC !

Oh yeah, and the rep said that if when i decide to book a vacation to call him because they "have inventory that may not show on the member site". Any other tips? really anything ?
Just make sure you follow the checklist for signing/dating everything in the package. Some of the forms have duplicates (so you have to do it twice) and some forms the date can not be obvious so you may miss it. But if you methodically follow the checklist, you'll be sure you hit everything. Also, don't forget the step to send identification, there's a special envelope for that.

Also your guide may be talking about a "welcome home" booking - if you want to use your points right away for your first time booking, they may be able to find availability that doesn't show on the member site. If you have a trip planned within 7 months, or want to go during an upcoming holiday season (Xmas, Thanksgiving 2019, for example), they may be able to find you something and help you book it.

If you are planning on a trip between now and 8/1, you’ll be able to use those 2018 points right away - as mentioned your guide should be able to help you find a villa if you are unable to find what you want on the member site once your account is set up and you have access to the site.
If your next trip won’t be until after 8/1, then you need to bank those 2018 points into your 2019 use year (which runs from 8/1/2019 - 7/31/2020.) Normally you must bank points in the first 8 months of your use year - so March for an August use year & you’ve missed that deadline - however, with direct points they’ll waive that banking deadline for you that first time.
I’m curious why you chose AKV rather than the newest resorts - CCV & Riviera. I love AKV and it was my first DVC purchase, but I sort of assumed most new buyers would opt for the newest resorts.
Hope you enjoy many stays at AKV, I really enjoy staying there.

If you are planning on a trip between now and 8/1, you’ll be able to use those 2018 points right away - as mentioned your guide should be able to help you find a villa if you are unable to find what you want on the member site once your account is set up and you have access to the site.
If your next trip won’t be until after 8/1, then you need to bank those 2018 points into your 2019 use year (which runs from 8/1/2019 - 7/31/2020.) Normally you must bank points in the first 8 months of your use year - so March for an August use year & you’ve missed that deadline - however, with direct points they’ll waive that banking deadline for you that first time.
I’m curious why you chose AKV rather than the newest resorts - CCV & Riviera. I love AKV and it was my first DVC purchase, but I sort of assumed most new buyers would opt for the newest resorts.
Hope you enjoy many stays at AKV, I really enjoy staying there.
AKL is our favorite resort. We have stayed here almost every trip except for one night at CBR-switched to AKL and a couple of trips we were at POFQ and one pre cruise trip YC. I would like to book where I like to stay and I can still book the other resorts just at 7 months. I’m Happy to get into AKV and there are a few resale contracts that we are looking into with our same UY. Riviera was lovely but more expensive.

Got my membership number !! I’m in the cool kids club lol. Shows my points and everything! Not to be crass but like my husband says “you could pee on me and say it’s raining and it wouldn’t bother me” I’m that happy ;)

Y’all have to meet my husband - he is the BEST!

You know, i was iffy about the direct points but when they took away the perks for resale then if i want to be able to get those perks i would need to go direct. I thought the price was ok and like you said- it is loaded :) I really wanted a December use year but my rep said August or June and if i chose June then i would have to do something with the points by the end of May and i have not received the paper work yet. BTW our rep said they would fedex the documents on Monday. Just anxious and I know we have to sign a portion of the documents in front of a notary. So, I would love to get them to me and sent back this week.

Congrats! We are in process of purchasing OKW direct. We are waiting for our guide to find points with fall UY. Where are you put on a waitlist? How long did it take? Can’t wait!!

Congrats! We are in process of purchasing OKW direct. We are waiting for our guide to find points with fall UY. Where are you put on a waitlist? How long did it take? Can’t wait!!

i was not put on the waitlist. we toured. and i said we are only interested in AKV and he said they just got back 5000 AKV points from someone. so my lucky day. I wish i could have gotten more but 100 points is start.

Alright guys, my closing date is June 6. I want to book a trip for May 2020-last week. So, that is plenty of time to book. Mike, our guide, said to call him for our first booking. i emailed him my plans of booking the 2020 trip and he said i could borrow from 2021 if i needed to. Remember, my use year is August and i have 2018 points and 2019 points soon. i will need 300 points in 2020. should i book a trip now and bank whatever will be left over (using my "welcome home" booking) and borrow from 2021 to get to 300 points? or just bank the 2018 and 2019 points and borrow the 2020 points for the May 2020 booking?

still a so many questions...

facts: i have a use year of August
purchased 100 points direct
includes 100 points from 2018 that i can use or bank
i need 300 points for the May/June 2020 booking
I have an AP that i may use to book a Fall trip or use points for the fall

HELP please! should i take the trip in September 18 and bank the leftover points and use those for the 2020 May trip and borrow the rest from 2021?

i mean i really want to purchase a resale contract with my use year and that way i will have more points.

off to the resale sights to look.....

oh, and i just want to say we got a drawstring dvc back pack (we probably will toss it) when we did the tour a few weeks ago. When they sent the papers to sign, they sent a nice big BACK PACK in the fed ex box. we got the fast passes and gift cards when we toured also.

August UY: 2018 points = good for trips 8/1/18-7/31/19 (current)
2019 points = 8/1/19-7/31/20 (*May 2020 trip falls in your August 2019 UY)
2020 points = 8/1/20-7/31/21

Bank all your 2018 points and borrow all your 2020 points for your trip. You can only use up to 3 years’ points at a time (bank 1 year before and borrow 1 year after), so I don’t think you could borrow 2021 points for your May 2020 trip in this case (bc it falls in your August 2019 UY).

I believe your guide should be able to help you set it all up, as a welcome home booking (your first booking).

Congrats again!

ETA: oh I didn’t see about your September trip too. Well, either way definitely bank your 2018 points or you won’t be able to use them. But I’m not sure you’d have enough points for both trips if you need all 300 points for May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter