We got a dose of pixie dust!

tholczer

Mouseketeer
We're local and my husband took DD7 to Disneyland last Wednesday. I had decided, last minute, that I wouldn't be joining them and neglected to mention our annual passes weren't going to get them in because of the spring break holiday. They'd need blockout passes.

So I frantically tried to call...only to get his voice mail.

Here's what happened:

Hubby and DD7 get there a half hour early and wait in the loooong lines. They get up to the ticket taker who informs them they can't get in. Poor hubby said she wasn't very nice. Was very curt and didn't inform them they could buy blockout passes. She basically told them, "too bad for you". So
DD7 starts to cry and hubby valiantly decides to buy park hoppers. They're going to have their day at Disneyland by gosh! More line waiting. When they get to the ticket booth, DD7 is still snuffly, not quite understanding what is going on. The ticket lady takes one look at DD7 and poor hubby, who explains he doesn't hardly ever come (which is true) and isn't sure what happened but that he'd like to buy park hoppers, and goes away for a couple minutes to "see what she can do". SO, not only does she give them the blockout passes, but she upgraded their annual passes as well! She totally didn't need to do that because even with the upgrade, it was still a blockout day. Hence the passes. I was floored.

Now we'll have some extra days of fun before the summer holiday blockouts start. Yay!

Anyone have any Disneyland related magical experiences to share?

Tracy

ps - I'm wondering if there's a different place to talk about Disney Magic experiences??

This is the perfect place to share that type of story, and every now and then people do. Great story. Thanks for sharing!

Thats so awesome. some people really do have big hearts! Im glad the little one got to go :)

That's great! Did they get this for free? Were they charged for the blockout day pass and/or the AP upgrade?

That is great! Sometimes CM's just remind us of how magical disney still can be :)

That is GREAT!!!! Congrats to them both! :)

Oh, but wait, what about your upgrade?? lol

That is GREAT!!!! Congrats to them both! :)

Oh, but wait, what about your upgrade?? lol

I'm thinking it was an upgrade from So Cal to Deluxe, so still blocked out for the day???

That is great that your hubby and daughter got to enjoy their day at DL and :thumbsup2 for the CM who was able to turn around the bad start to the day :wizard:

I'm thinking it was an upgrade from So Cal to Deluxe, so still blocked out for the day???

That is great that your hubby and daughter got to enjoy their day at DL and :thumbsup2 for the CM who was able to turn around the bad start to the day :wizard:

I know, but the OP wasn't there so did they upgrade her AP too? That's what I meant.

That's great. :goodvibesI too went last Wed. and failed to notice it was a block out day (due to Spring Break) My DD9 is in year round school so we don't have spring break. I was told by the parking CM as soon as I handed him the AP with Parking on it. Asked if next upgrade was also blocked and he said no, the day was only available to Deluxe and premium. So we exited that parking structure and went home. Your husband was lucky! :wizard:

Quick question, didn't the parking CM tell him he was blocked out or do you pay for parking? Just curious. TIA

Thats incredible. You just need to talk to the right people sometimes and or get a second opinion. I think its wonderful your daughter got her day with her daddy and I am sure they had a ton of fun. What a nice surprise.

That's great. :goodvibesI too went last Wed. and failed to notice it was a block out day (due to Spring Break) My DD9 is in year round school so we don't have spring break. I was told by the parking CM as soon as I handed him the AP with Parking on it. Asked if next upgrade was also blocked and he said no, the day was only available to Deluxe and premium. So we exited that parking structure and went home. Your husband was lucky! :wizard:

Quick question, didn't the parking CM tell him he was blocked out or do you pay for parking? Just curious. TIA

For the future, you can buy the blackout dates and then upgrade at the end of the day. That will get you in the parks and get you the upgrade. Sorry they didn't mention that too you.

And to OP congrats that is awesome how she turned their day around!

I wasn't there so I didn't get an upgrade. Ah well. My husband paid for the blockout passes and she didn't charge for the upgrade from Southern CA Select to Southern CA. But did someone mention he could have upgraded with his blockout passes in the park? Sadly, that would take the magic out of my story. We don't have a parking pass so he was caught unawares at the ticket taker.

All in all, it was a great day for them! They didn't come home until 11:00 that night. It was a great day for me, too, all alone in my house for fifteen hours. I don't remember the last time that happened!

Tracy

For the future, you can buy the blackout dates and then upgrade at the end of the day. That will get you in the parks and get you the upgrade. Sorry they didn't mention that too you.

And to OP congrats that is awesome how she turned their day around!

I didn't think about that since the block out ticket is $40 which is the same cost to upgrade to next AP (which I plan on doing before my birthday in June)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter