We got engaged at Disney World!

Tracy Jean

He popped the question at V&A's
Hi,

I just wanted to introduce myself and share my engagement story.

My name is Tracy, and my boyfriend's name (I mean, my FIANCE'S name) is Greg. We live in the Washington, DC area, and we have known each other for two and a half years. We have both loved Disney World our entire lives. We each went there on vacations with our families all the time while we were growing up, and we have even been there together on vacation a couple times. It has always been a special place for us, and now it is even more special!

Here's all the details...

Greg had told me that he was being sent to Orlando for work, and he asked me to come along with him. Since we hadn't been able to take a vacation this year because of his busy work schedule, he figured this would be a nice way for me to take a trip with him, even though he had to work. (Or so he said!) So, we left DC on Saturday morning, 9/7, and flew down to Florida.

When we were driving to our hotel (he had written out fake directions to some Sheraton for me to read), he took what I thought was a wrong turn, and followed the exit signs to Walt Disney World. I was saying, "Where are you going?! What's going on?!" He just had a big smile on his face and told me that he didn't have to work, and that we would be staying at Disney for a few days. I couldn't believe it!

A few minutes later, we pulled up to the Grand Floridian, which is
Disney's most beautiful hotel. We had always wanted to stay there. It was like a dream! The room was gorgeous, with a view of the Magic Kingdom, including Cinderella's Castle and Space Mountain. He told me he had made researvations for dinner that night at Victoria and Albert's, the Grand Floridian's five star gourmet restaurant. It was just one surprise after another! Little did I know what else was in store for me that night...

So, we dressed and went to dinner. The restaurant was small,
elegant, and romantic. They serve a seven course meal, which was delicious, and lasted about 3 hours. We had such a nice time there, just eating and talking. I still couldn't believe we were at Disney World!

After we finished dessert, the harpist played our song, "The Way you Look Tonight." Then Victoria came over to our table with a silver platter with a dome. She said it was a special surprise for me, and she put it down in front of me and lifted the dome off. I couldn't believe my eyes! There was a bed of roses and rose petals on the platter, with a beautiful diamond ring sitting in an open box in the middle. I was completely in shock. My hands were over my mouth, my eyes teared up and I just sat there looking at it, and at Greg. He couldn't speak for a while either. Then, he got down on one knee and asked me if I would marry him. Of course, I said yes. :)

Afterwards, the staff all came over to congratulate us, and they
showered us with gifts of chocolate and roses. The staff at V&A's
was incredible. They arranged the whole silver platter and roses
thing in just a few minutes, while I was in the ladies' room. I
didn't suspect a thing!

Then, Greg told me that he had been planning this for months. he had the ring engraved with the date, 9/7/02. He told me that he had arranged for us to stay a few nights at the Grand Floridian, then spend the rest of the week celebrating with our family. We were heading to Tampa on Wednesday and Thursday to see his parents, then up to New York Friday through Sunday to see my family. I couldn't believe he had planned this whole thing!

We walked out of the restaurant completely giddy, and stopped by the marina to watch the Electrical Water Pageant. Then, we got back to our room and made a few phone calls to our family and friends, and then sat back and enjoyed the rest of our stay in Disney World. It was so amazing! Staying at the GF was incredible. We went to the parks one day, and just enjoyed the resort the rest of the time. It was great to have those few days to celebrate just the two of us, especially in such a magical place. The rest of the week was a whirlwind, but we were so happy we could see our families and celebrate with them.

We've set a preliminary date for June 1, 2003. It's my parents'
anniversary, and also my grandparents' anniversary, so it would be really special to get married then. We haven't decided yet where it will be, but we are definitely leaning towards Disney World! I'll keep you posted...

Tracy

Congratulations! Sounds like he's quite romantic and very special indeed.

Good luck planning your wedding! Possibly the Wedding Pavilion with the reception at GF would complete the fairy tale. :)

All the best,
Reneé

Tracy,

Congratulations!!! :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Thank you for sharing your romantic engagement story with me. Your fiance does love you very much!!

Wish you the best for your wedding planning.

Tracy!

That is an INCREDIBLE story! Oh my gosh, I have chills! :teeth: What an incredible guy Greg is... how he planned that all out. Wow... I'm just in awe.

I've been engaged for two and a half years now and am getting married in exactly ONE WEEK. :eek: But boy did your story just get me so excited! It feels like so long ago that we were engaged, but the time has flown SO FAST! :)

I'll give you a tip... if you need any help planning your wedding, there is an incredible group of people/friends over at the Ultimate Wedding boards (if you haven't found it yet.) In fact, I'm going to the wedding of one of the girls I met, TOMORROW!

And hey, through there, I learned about the DISBoards! :teeth: Definitely check it out... I can't imagine having planned my wedding without the help I got there. OR my honeymoon to Disney! www.ultimatewedding.com :) (Hope my posting that isn't breaking any rules or anything.) :p

Good luck and best wishes to you both! June 1st isn't that far away!! (And by the way... my wedding date is MY parents' and MY grandparents' anniversaries too, as well as our Best Man's!) HA! I love stuff like that! ;) )

Julia

Congrats on your engagement and on finding a gem. He sounds like a good person to think of you so much, and plan it out so well. He even included time to see family and do the rounds telling family and showing off the ring ;)

Good luck in your marriage.

Mike

What a wonderful engagement story.
Congratulations!
We honeymooned at WDW 2 months ago and enjoyed a meal at Victoria & Albert's while we were there. What a romantic place for an engagement.

Congrats are your engagement! I proposed to my fiance in Vegas and we're getting married in Disney next July. The Disney wedding would be the icing on the cake. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter