We had a good time at RFC

jojo_ct

<font color=green>DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>
Thanks to everyone who came to the CT Rainforest Cafe this evening. We had a great time and made some wonderful trades. Special thanks to our new friends, Joanne and Randy, who came all the way from Danbury and brought some wonderful pins. What a thrill it was opening their book for the first time! Leslie limped her way to my part of the state with daughter Jessica. Here's hoping that the PD works some magic on that bum knee...there are too many big pin events in the coming months to be out of commission. Wanda and her sons were there, and this time we got to see a volcanoe up close and personal! Peggie and Dom were both there with lots of new pins to show. And I had a wonderful time looking and trading.

We all thought that we would try to do this one more time before the August Pin Event, so I'm throwing out a date of July 28th as a starting point for discussion. Anyone out there like to join me?

Oh, Chris finally got his teeth on the volcano. (Peggie, you kid spoiler, you...) ;)
Thanks to Dom and Randy who helped chomping down some of the brownies!

I have to say, with tears of joy in my eyes, thank you Cynthia for trading the Dino Institute pin with me. I had been searching for it all over! I am down to less than a handful of pins to complete my AK collection! Oops, I better not say it too loud, before Disney hears me and throws out 300 new pins I will have to start chasing all over again! I am sooo appreciative because you made my evening such a meaningful and happy one. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Good meeting new people and seeing old friends again! I look forward to socializing with such a nice bunch of Dis freaks soon!

Oh, and you bet I'll be saving my pins for my Pin Station CM! Hey, remember it says "Pin Club" at the bottom! :jester:

I am just so happy, I still can't believe I got my Dino Institute pin! I'll wake up tomorrow and stare at it until is sinks in.

Wanda :wave: :wave: :wave:

We have plenty of time to keep this date open and we will plan to be there for sure! Sorry that i missed seeing you all tonight and so glad that you had a great time.

Ok, I am being accused of being a kid spoiler, I think of it more as an overgrown kid. Let me explain...
A few months ago we had a mimi meet at Rainforest. Poor Chris (Wanda's son) All he wanted was a volcano. It is a brownie dessert with icecream lava and a sparkler. At last nights meet, all he talked about was that Volcano. Every time the waiters walked by and yelled "VOLCANO" he followed the with his eyes. He wanted it so bad.
SO, me being the "Wonderful" mother I am suggested that it should be Chris's main course, he can eat his vegetables tomorrow. So while we all ate our meals Chris enjoyed his Volcano.n It was so cute to watch his face when they finally brought hi Volcano to him. He just wanted to dig in and the waiter kept taking it away from him until the sparkler went out.
I know Leslie had a similar day once at the parks, and she might share that with us.
My boys always enjoyed their junk food days, and I can't count the times we had homemade waffles with ice cream for dinner.
I didn't trade last night, everyone had such beautiful pins and I enjoyed looking, bt I either had them or they were way too LE for the trades I had. But I had a great time with everyone. We do have to do something about those long tables they alway stick us in, they don't lead to much shared conversation. Peggie

Peggie, the conversation and trading was at it's best BEFORE we went into the restaurant. If you always show up two minutes before our reservation you will miss it. Next time I'm going to tell you we are eating an hour earlier so you get there for the good stuff! lol

So...you want to hear my junk food story??

We went to WDW for NYE 1999-2000. We had been living in CT for a little over a year, and we were miserable and homesick. We had no plans for NYE, and around October, Tim asked me what I wanted to do...we needed so badly to get out of the doldrums. I said that my dream NYE would be to be standing on Main St. USA in the MK, at the intersection with Uptown Jewelers on my right, the Emporium on my left, watching the midnight celebration and fireworks over Cinderella Castle as we saw in the new millenium. Somehow, it all fell into place and we went.

So, we got to the MK around 9 am after about a one hour busride from DxL (boy was there traffic!)and we were hungry!! Then as a surprise, Tim declared it Junk Food Day!! He told the kids they could eat anything they wanted, whenever they wanted all day til the stroke of midnight. The kids' jaws dropped and their eyes widened. So oldest son decided to test Tim and announced he was having ice cream for breakfast. Tim handed him money and said told him to go for it! What fun!!! We had hotdogs, ice cream and brownies for breakfast and continued to eat our way through the day. I think I had Jelly bellys for lunch.

The day was topped off at midnight by fireworks surrounding the Magic Kingdom...360 degrees around. It was my best day there ever!!!! (and that's why the LD/FD is the one pin that is NEVER leaving my possession).

Last night was lots of fun..despite being called such affectionate names as Gimpy, Limpy, Hopalong and the like:) I can't wait to get together again soon!!

Leslie

OUCH, Leslie! :earseek:

I feel cramps in my stomach just thinking about it! Hahahaha :eek: :eek:

My kid being as finicky as he can bewith food sometimes sure thanked guardian angels for having Peggie at the table! Mama would never have approved without her "peer pressure" :o

Wanda :wave:

Had a GREAT time last night! Made some great trades! Thanks, Joanne andd Cynthia.

Got to Chris with his dream meal. I "helped" a little.

The 28th sounds really good. I will mark it on the calendar and can't wait to see everyone again.

Randy and I had a really good time. It was fun meeting everyone and trading some pins. I am looking forward to the next get together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter