"We picked Deluxe dining and loved it because..."

slk537

<font color=red>Sigh...other than WDW, if I could
DH, DS and I are trying to decide if we're going regular or deluxe in May. We do want to do several 2 credit meals - Yachtsman, Jiko, Mother's Day Brunch, and possibly HDDR and/or Narcoosee's. For this reason, it does seem to make sense to us, although we do see how it will be way too much food. It would be perfect to have an in between plan, but there isn't one, so DDX it may be.

So...what did you love about it? Hate about it? How did you use snack credits? Did you do many CS's? How do you enjoy what the plan offers, but not feel stuffed the whole time?

Really would love to hear other people's experience! TIA!

We loved it because we didn't have to eat at ANY CS places the whole trip! :cool1:

Every AM we started with a character breakfast for DS5. The only characters we needed to wait in line in the park for were Buzz/Woody and McQueen/Mater!! (come on WDW- give us a Pixar meal please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

A couple of days we would have lunch, but mostly we would have a signature dinner.

If you plan on 3 meals everyday, it is a lot of food (since appy's are included) and you spend a lot of time in restaurants and not in the park.

As for the snacks, we used them as we wanted them- bottles of water, dole whip etc. The last day, I think we had 10 between the 3 of us. Everyone picked a favorite snack to get at MK (dole whip, funnel cake and giant pretzel) and we got a couple of bottles of water. The rest was spent in the MK Confectionary on goodies to bring home.

It is a lot of food, but it was a good deal. We ate $1700 worth of food and paid $1160 for it. Do we eat like that at home- NOPE! But it is a vacation after all ;)

We picked Deluxe Dining because................

(1) DH told me he would rather eat mall food than Disney CS :rotfl:

(2) I got every last ADR I wanted (LOVE the new 90 day system) and so far the estimated costs for those meals exceed what I paid for the dining plan. :cool1: Yes, being the math loving nerd I am, I made an excel spreadsheet and did all sorts of calculations.

(3) After a long day at the parks I want someone to wait on me.

we just got back from our deluxe dining trip. it was 7 nights. we did character breakfasts most days which are a must do for us, even though we dont have kids yet. we ate breakfast at around 8-9am most days. then we would eat a TS for lunch around 2pm, then we did a TS or signature TS around 9:30pm for dinner. We went when the parks were open really late at NYE time, so we were still out til 1-2am most nights which then we would get a snack before we headed back to the Polynesian. At first we weren't really using our snack credits because we were always full. Some dinners we felt not hungry, but at the same time we were'nt full, just content. -we were still able to eat everything.

For our upcoming trip i started with just getting the regular dining, but then i figured we would pay out of pocket for two character breakfasts. Then i realized that at 40/day pp for the regular plan, and the $20/pp for the character breakfasts, that for $10 more we could get the deluxe plan and get an extra TS and 1 more snack per day. So now we're going deluxe. The extra tips really add up though. We really liked the signature restaurants and the superb service and quality, so with deluxe we can eat at a character breakfasts, our must do 1 TS places, and a few signature. I'm excited to try California Grill, and we're going back to Artist's Point since that's my DH new favorite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter