We put the DYS in Functional, Completing our ABC’s

Weird, that guava looks like a lemon! Haha, I think I'd have a hard time eating that, too.

I thought it looked like a lemon too

Haha, those trees remind me of my legs in winter

LOL! I am crazy about leg shaving though. I hate the feeling of hair.

It seems like you are getting your monies worth on this tour, you are learning a lot about the island and traveling all over. And you still have a stop at a beach coming up, right?

Yes. It really was a nice tour and we went all over.

They almost look photoshopped in that first pic! :rolleyes:

I asked if they were real because they did look fake.

Holy smokes! I did not know that! :eek::eek::eek: :banana:

I didn't either. I thought they just kept growing bunch after bunch.

I am the same as your sister, I plan excursions with easy access to bathrooms. Part of living with Lupus, yay! :rolleyes:

I do check about bathrooms too, but she has so many issues that she needs one at any moment.

Have you started your Disneyland Trippie yet??

Not yet. But I want to start writing it up and post the intro at least by the end of the week. I will be slow on that one as I haven't even looked at all my pictures yet and then I still have to edit so many.

I didn't know that about bananas either, I'm surprised they are so cheap. I'd think they would charge more for them since they take so long to grow new ones.

I thought the same thing.

What did the guava taste like? I don't think I've ever had one. Was the outside peel thick like a lemon? If so I don't think that would be too easy to eat.

I'm really enjoying your TR Jennifer! I've snorkeled in Aruba before and it was an incredible experience. We've always stayed at the Marriott Surf Club on Palm Beach where the fish are plentiful when snorkeling!

Good to know. I have actually looked at doing a day stay there both times I went to Aruba but I also read it was on the windy/wavey side of the island and it got mixed reviews because of that. Maybe next time I will do that. Do they provide snorkeling gear, or should I bring my own?

I'm glad Claire had such a great time hanging with M on this trip along with your family time together. I'm enjoying seeing all your pictures of the islands!

She really had a great time with M. They get along so well. M brings Claire out of her shy shell.

Great report!

Looks like cacao (chocolate)

You might be right. I should ask Claire if she remembers if that is what it was.

Hello Donkey!

ant236 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant120 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant237 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We made another stop!

ant238 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I can’t remember what he grabbed here, but I think it was some other weed type thing for us to look at.

And then another stop!

This time for pineapple, which I did not know, but is a big producer here.

ant239 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant122 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It was very good! And that is one of Claire’s favorite foods!

ant240 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant121 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant241 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And one more stop! He went out and picked some finger rose (baby) bananas. And they were sooooo good!

ant123 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I think all these stops for food were “extra”. I know he actually purchased the pineapple for us to try and I think he looked for baby bananas in an area where he would not be “caught” taking them. Hahaha.

And now for some of the scenery that has made Antigua probably my favorite place ever.

ant50 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant51 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant52 by Jenseib, on Flickr

This water looks absolutely stunning!

ant242 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant243 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And this is one of the nicer areas for homes too.

ant244 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant245 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I believe he pulled off the road so we could take pictures.

ant53 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant246 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant247 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant248 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant249 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant250 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant253 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant254 by Jenseib, on Flickr

This tower (and mountain) used to be called Bogey Peak, I think, but now is called Mount Obama. It is the tallest point in Antigua. I guess it was renamed not too long ago. Our drive was so funny. He said Obama never visited or did anything for Antigua and he has no idea why they have something to honor him.

ant124 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant255 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant256 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant257 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant258 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Now we were getting closer to our beach stop. At one point Claire and I and the guys were talking when our driver was out that we really didn’t care if we did the beach stop as we didn’t care if we swam and were already having a good enough time. As we approached the beach area we could all see how stupid that thought was.

ant54 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant55 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant259 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant260 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant57 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant269 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant261 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Whenever I think of paradise in the future, some of these images will surely come to mind.

ant58 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant262 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant263 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant59 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant60 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We pulled off across the street and parked. Our driver gave us each a drink and then we crossed over and went through a building that had a snack bar with items to purchase and tables, etc. It also had restrooms (not the greatest, but hey when you need one, it works).

We put our stuff on a table with the guys and they went out to swim and Claire and I explored the beach….and both wishing we had worn our swimsuits!

Video

ant264 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I took a few “hat shots”.

ant168 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant125 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant61 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Video

ant62 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Claire was wearing jeans….because she hates shorts for some odd reason. At first she backed away from the waves, and then she didn’t care and let herself get wet.

ant63 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant128 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant129 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant265 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant266 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant267 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I just couldn’t get enough pictures…everything was beautiful!

ant267 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant270 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant277 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Every time the waves came in I thought it was another fantastic shot to take.

ant271 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant284 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant272 by Jenseib, on Flickr

They did have some vendors on each side of the building off to the far right and left. One was kind of pushy and kept yelling at me to come look at her stuff. I HATE that! I was obviously taking pictures….why on earth would you keep bothering someone when they told you no.

video

ant273 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Oh wow those photos speak for themselves! Such an amazing view! Too bad you didnt have your bathing suits! Would have been so nice to take a dip in that water!

Oh wow those photos speak for themselves! Such an amazing view! Too bad you didnt have your bathing suits! Would have been so nice to take a dip in that water!

I know! I totally was now kicking myself.

What beautiful scenery! Glad you found your little piece of paradise.

It really was.

Absolutely beautifu! Thank you for sharing your pictures! Very calming to look at, too!!

It was really so pretty

Oh my gosh, breathtaking. Just simply, heavenly :love:

Yes! It was amazing

Those beach pictures are beautiful! Which beach was that?

I tried to look it up when we got home and I think it is Darkwood Beach

We walked up and down the beach and waded in and out at times. Darn! I wish we had worn out suits!

ant274 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant275 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant130 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant131 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant279 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant280 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant281 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant285 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant283 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Just look at the color of that water!

ant286 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Sadly my camera has spots on the lens so most of my pics have spots.

ant287 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant288 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant289 by Jenseib, on Flickr

She didn’t care about getting wet after a while. Hahaha.

ant290 by Jenseib, on Flickr

A shadow selfie!

ant132 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant133 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Claire went and sat down at the table to finish her drink and I went off to the side to get more pictures.

ant134 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant135 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant64 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant65 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant251 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant66 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And it was time to go again. Claire went back to her small back seat. She still was not too happy about that.

ant67 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We had been talking with the guys and we all laughed how we had said earlier we would be fine skipping the beach and it ended up being one of the most beautiful places ever.

More sugar mills.

ant136 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant137 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant68 by Jenseib, on Flickr

At one point we passed where PT and family was staying for the day. She said it was great there too.

Our driver did point out some all-inclusive resorts in the area too.

ant69 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant70 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant138 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant71 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant139 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant140 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant141 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant142 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant143 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And another cow alongside of the road.

ant144 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant145 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant72 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant73 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant74 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant75 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant146 by Jenseib, on Flickr

More flowers!

ant76 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I see the ships!

ant77 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant78 by Jenseib, on Flickr

When we went past this place I just had to take a picture. The name totally cracked me up.

ant79 by Jenseib, on Flickr

As we got closer to the port you could really see it was the slum area. Some dwellings weren’t much more than cardboard houses. They had vendors set up along the road too. And you could smell weed. Our driver said they were probably Church of Rasta Parishioners! Hahaha.

He dropped us off near the ship and we tipped him nicely as he really did a great job.

I thoroughly enjoyed this excursion. My only complaint would be that it states 6 per vehicle and there is no way 6 would fit and ride for that many hours comfortably. We had 4 and it was fine, with the exception of Claire in the way back and she said she was cramping up a bit. 3 in the middle seat would be tight. If they change it to a max of 4 I would recommend it to everyone.

Also an extra bathroom stop as it would be too long to make it to the beach break if that is the only stop they normally make.

I found Antigua absolutely stunning. I would love to visit again someday.

I wanted to do a little shopping, but Claire, who did not use the bathroom, had to go really bad and wanted to get back to the ship.

ant252 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I took her back on and we cleaned up a bit (AKA wipe sweat off of us) and then got a bite to eat.

ant147 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We thought those were mozzarella sticks but I think they were actually fish sticks and not very good ones at that.

ant80 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I then headed off the ship again to look around. Claire decided to stay on the ship.

ant148 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant149 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant81 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant82 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I looked around and bought a few things, but they had a lot of pushy people. Why don’t they understand that we do NOT like that. If you are pushy, I will walk away. You probably would have made a sale, but now you aren’t.

Back to the ship!

The horn playing…I believe to announce all aboard.

Claire and I headed to deck 4 as we were sailing away.

ant150 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant83 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Video..lots of horns going

And more horn

ant84 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant151 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant85 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant153 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant154 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant155 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant156 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant86 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Looks like a really great tour, Really beautiful beach they took you to. I agree I REALLY HATE pushy vendors. :furious:

As we sailed away the sun was going down and it was beautiful!

ant87 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant88 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant90 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We watched as the sun went lower and lower. It was amazing how fast it seemed to drop into the ocean.

ant91 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant93 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Tonight’s show was jump ropers and we didn’t care to see them so we skipped it.

Tonight was 2000’s trivia though and we all headed that way. This night it was crowded! It was funny how we had gone pretty much every night and each night it got busier and busier. We were all full of spirit tonight and PT, J and I all ordered soft pretzels.

ant157 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Some of us got some drinks too. We had a fun time! Not so well at trivia, but we don’ t need to win, it’s just fun going.

Crown and Fin has snacks out each evening too.

ant94 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant95 by Jenseib, on Flickr

After trivia was over it was still lively in there and J wanted me to go up and get a drink with her.

ant96 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant97 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant98 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Her and MK were drinking these. I don’t know what they were.

ant99 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Then it was time for dinner!

I believe we were in Royal Palace tonight.

I really like that they had butter balls instead of the little containers of butter.

ant158 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant159 by Jenseib, on Flickr

MK and I both had the oysters. I took a bite. Hmmm pretty fishy. I took another and said nope, can’t do this, too fishy. MK took a bite and said “you’re right”. Then the taste lingered and MK said he had to find something quick to get that crap taste out of his mouth. I was laughing so hard. I agreed, but the way he said it (and he has a southern accent) was just so funny!

I have had oysters on the ships before and they were fine. This batch just was not good.

ant101 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant160 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Surprisingly…Claire had steak! I am sure you are shocked!

ant161 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant100 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The lobster was better on this ship than it has been on the Fantasy the last few times.

ant102 by Jenseib, on Flickr

ant103 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Dinner was good, but we were all kind of tired tonight too. At the point too where we know we have eaten too much over the last several days.

However, tonight was Match your Mate, which is always fun, so most of us headed to Azure for that. We played the 10 PM game and then watched Match your Mate and it was so funny. It was a good time and with all the laughing we forgot how tired we were.

After that I took a walk on deck 4.

ant162 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And I went for some drinks to take back to the room and found these stairs, so I took a pic.

ant163 by Jenseib, on Flickr

This is terrible to say, but I have never looked in on the Bibbiti Bobbidi Boutiques on either the Wonder or the Magic. And when I sailed the Dream last, it hadn’t been added yet.

Back in the room and our towel animal.

ant164 by Jenseib, on Flickr

M went to hang with her friends and Claire and I went to bed. One more full day left. This cruise was going WAY too fast!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter