We rode Rise of the Resistance on Walt's Birthday on our first Mother/Daughter Trip! December 2019! Updated September 19th!

What?? Crazy! I think I'd eat them allllllll the time if I could! 😋

I finally tried fried green tomatoes Friday night. Our local favorite restaurant had them as a special app with crab meat & a great sauce. It was good! I loved the sauce.

I've been off disboards for a few months, was so happy to see a new trip report from you! Like you, we are planning a Hawaii trip next year. My husband's mom lives in Maui, we haven't been since 2006, and this will be the first trip for our kids (almost 14 years and 11 years by next summer). We also plan on making a stopover in CA for 3 nights to visit Disneyland (how can we not!). Would love to hear your plans for your trip, I have no idea where to start!

Hello, everyone!

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying some nice Fall weather!

Sorry I ducked out and left you all hanging for a bit! We made a VERY last minute decision to go on our trip this past week, if not quite as planned. And we literally made the final decision THE DAY BEFORE WE LEFT! I was crazy and we struggled over it. As in one minute we were going, the next we weren't, etc. I don't think I've ever been so indecisive in my life!

In the end we decided to go based on a couple of reasons. First, we really needed a vacation or a getaway after having such an awful year (who doesn't??). Plus, we had DVC points that were going to expire on November 30th. I know we could have put them into RCI but that option just didn't appeal to us at all. We also looked into moving the trip to November but figured we'd be in the same predicament by then.

Second, we were going to drive…that's right…we drove all 1200 miles and back :scared1: (although it was kind of nice to have our own car there).

Third, Allie decided she couldn't come-she had too much going on with swim and dance but she gave us her blessing to go. Of course, she's really going to hold me to that February trip now which I'm fine with.

We had the CT Travel Advisory, as well as my work to contend with as well. The CT travel advisory states that we can get a Covid test 3 days prior to returning to CT (which we did and got our negative results on the way home Tuesday), and my work changed and allows us to get tested prior to returning to work. I have one negative test already and I need to get a second one which I'll do since I don't actually return to work until October 23.

It was a very different trip than it had started off as…if you remember, this was supposed to be a girl's trip with my mom, Allie and my niece and we were going to stay at POFQ. Of course, this was all pre-pandemic planning. Overall we had a good time considering we are in the middle of a pandemic. It wasn't perfect, but we went into it with pretty low expectations and plans to not stay in any situations that made us uncomfortable. Speaking of uncomfortable…it was way more crowded than we would have liked which led to us leaving the parks early most afternoons and hanging at the resort. Despite this, we did take over 1,000 pictures and we ate some pretty good food/snacks and got a lot of shopping in, so I'd consider it a success.

Thanks for sticking around! I'll do a quick trip report with more details shortly.

Kelly, I'm SO glad you were able to go on some semblance of a trip!! It does seem more crowded from the posts and pictures I've seen compared to when we were there in July, but soaking in a little magic one way or another must have been so good for your soul!!! :) I can't wait to hear all about it!

Sorry I ducked out and left you all hanging for a bit! We made a VERY last minute decision to go on our trip this past week, if not quite as planned. And we literally made the final decision THE DAY BEFORE WE LEFT! I was crazy and we struggled over it. As in one minute we were going, the next we weren't, etc. I don't think I've ever been so indecisive in my life!

So happy you got to go but sad we did get to meet up. Can't wait to hear you details.

Glad that you got to have a real vacation! I am crazing one badly!! But I don't think we will be doing one for awhile sadly... I will just have to live out my vacas through these trip reports.

Welcome back! :)
We made a VERY last minute decision to go on our trip this past week, if not quite as planned. And we literally made the final decision THE DAY BEFORE WE LEFT!
Yikes! But good for you for being able to do that!
Second, we were going to drive…that's right…we drove all 1200 miles and back :scared1:
So a short drive. Nice.
Speaking of uncomfortable…it was way more crowded than we would have liked which led to us leaving the parks early most afternoons and hanging at the resort.
Really! I'm surprised it was that crowded. I didn't think that'd be the case.
Despite this, we did take over 1,000 pictures and we ate some pretty good food/snacks and got a lot of shopping in, so I'd consider it a success.
Glad to hear that. :)
Thanks for sticking around! I'll do a quick trip report with more details shortly.
Standing by!

I definitely was in the same boat when I was thinking about my little visit to FL in a few weeks. Of course, I'm still out of work and well out of school so I don't have any issues with potentially having to quarantine for two weeks upon return, but I wanted to be safe, stay home. At the same time, I needed to get away for a bit and I still grapple with my decision, but I'm going. I know it will all be for the better in the end.

Looking forward to hearing all about it! :mickeyjum

First, we really needed a vacation or a getaway after having such an awful year (who doesn't??).

ABSOLUTELY! And I'm so glad you were able to make it work.

The CT travel advisory states that we can get a Covid test 3 days prior to returning to CT (which we did and got our negative results on the way home Tuesday), and my work changed and allows us to get tested prior to returning to work. I have one negative test already and I need to get a second one which I'll do since I don't actually return to work until October 23.

Woo! Also very glad that you have negative tests, so far. Hope your next one is, as well.

Speaking of uncomfortable…it was way more crowded than we would have liked which led to us leaving the parks early most afternoons and hanging at the resort. Despite this, we did take over 1,000 pictures and we ate some pretty good food/snacks and got a lot of shopping in, so I'd consider it a success.

Very excited to read about your trip! I have a feeling, if our December trip ends up happening, that there will be some points where the crowds make me feel uncomfortable too, so it'll be nice to read your perspective. Also just want to see how much fun you were able to have in this new normal!

Hello, everyone!

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying some nice Fall weather!

In the end we decided to go based on a couple of reasons. First, we really needed a vacation or a getaway after having such an awful year (who doesn't??). Plus, we had DVC points that were going to expire on November 30th. I know we could have put them into RCI but that option just didn't appeal to us at all. We also looked into moving the trip to November but figured we'd be in the same predicament by then.

Second, we were going to drive…that's right…we drove all 1200 miles and back :scared1: (although it was kind of nice to have our own car there).

Third, Allie decided she couldn't come-she had too much going on with swim and dance but she gave us her blessing to go. Of course, she's really going to hold me to that February trip now which I'm fine with.

We had the CT Travel Advisory, as well as my work to contend with as well. The CT travel advisory states that we can get a Covid test 3 days prior to returning to CT (which we did and got our negative results on the way home Tuesday), and my work changed and allows us to get tested prior to returning to work. I have one negative test already and I need to get a second one which I'll do since I don't actually return to work until October 23.

It was a very different trip than it had started off as…if you remember, this was supposed to be a girl's trip with my mom, Allie and my niece and we were going to stay at POFQ. Of course, this was all pre-pandemic planning. Overall we had a good time considering we are in the middle of a pandemic. It wasn't perfect, but we went into it with pretty low expectations and plans to not stay in any situations that made us uncomfortable. Speaking of uncomfortable…it was way more crowded than we would have liked which led to us leaving the parks early most afternoons and hanging at the resort. Despite this, we did take over 1,000 pictures and we ate some pretty good food/snacks and got a lot of shopping in, so I'd consider it a success.

Wow! I bet there's a lot of good stories from this trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!