We scared her away LOL

Ms. Shuttergirl

DIS Veteran
A sweet friend of mine lived in the US for 3 years in Seattle and during that time went to Disneyland twice and has since been to Hong Kong Disney. They have been back in Oz for around 3 years I think. Her and her family are planning on going to WDW late December 2011 and when they were here for dinner recently I was raving about the DIS.

Well she jumped on here today and was reading some threads. Between which resort to choose, Queenie and I "debating" everything, hiring fridges, which airline, what park what day, 180 days out for ADR's etc......

WE'VE SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF HER!!!!!!!!!!

She is petrified of WDW and isn't sure she wants to go now :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

She hasn't got a name on here yet but she's a crazy Hockey Mum so I say she should use AussieHockeyMum as her sign on.

Help me convince her that while there is alot to know, WDW isn't scary and neither is the planning.

It's just lots of reading and fun :)

And how about you give her your top 5 tips for planning a wonderful WDW trip...

"AussieHockeyMum" - When I first found the Disboards, I described it to my friends as a vortex of Disney forums. I was so overwhelming.

Even though I had borrowed books from the library on planning our trip to WDW, the DIS boards helped with so much more - I was able to get the $500 gift voucher promotion added to my room (learnt on the Disboards), knew when to book meals, which ones to use the dinning plan for and when to pay out of pocket.

Last weekend I used recipes from the cooking thread, to recreate meals we ate at Ohana.

I did not really post on the Aussie Disney thread before we travelled, it is great we have our thread - I appreciate the 'learning's and experiences' of other Aussie Disney planners.

Hope you decide to join in.

1 - Epcot
2 - Christmas taken to a whole new level
- Candlelight processional, Osbourne Lights, Gingerbread houses, gingerbread carousels!
3 - Staying in an African Animal Reserve, a Wilderness Lodge, Old Key West, Fort Wilderness Cabins, a Polynesian resort, a Grand Floridian Resort.......each decorated with unique and beautiful decorations.
4 - Epcot
5 - The ability to dine with a Mouse in a Hawaiian shirt, a Safari suit, Beach wear, Chefs outfit or Farmer's outfit.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::lmao:

That is so funny.

Come on "AussieHockeyMum" join us, we are a very friendly bunch :flower3:

Yes there can be some interesting debating, that can be very interesting and you just grab some popcorn:: and read along :rotfl: (or join in if you wish :rotfl: ). You don't have to dive in straight away, you can just lurk and :tiptoe: and ask a question when you have one.

It really does become quite fun, the planning and WDW is so much fun too. It can seem a little daunting with all of the information but these boards are amazing, you can always learn something new and it's so great planning a WDW trip.

Hope to meet you soon :wave:

4811513919_94b3c7b1d2_z.jpg

AussieHockeyMum - We probably need you to be referee for Queenie and Shuttergirl (and occassionally ME!!), so don't run away that quick.
You'll soon realise that by the time you check the threads, the spats (oops! I mean debates) are over! :rotfl2:

We don't (not) bite (much)...:confused3

My Top 5 Tips:

1. Ask lots of questions.
2. Visit lots of PTRS and find out what the "perfect planners" are doing.
3. Check out the food sub-forum
4. Relax and enjoy the planning - it is for a HOLIDAY; not a military schedule.
5. And If the Aussies are scaring the crap out of you, jump on the American scene and ignore us.

princess::upsidedow

AussieHockeyMum, you can only laugh at the bunch of anally retentive, obsessive compulsive people that we are...and use us, to help plan your WDW holiday!

I only have one tip, plan as best as you can but just remember to go with the flow when you get there. It's Disney, you'll have fun no matter what!

A sweet friend of mine lived in the US for 3 years in Seattle and during that time went to Disneyland twice and has since been to Hong Kong Disney. They have been back in Oz for around 3 years I think. Her and her family are planning on going to WDW late December 2011 and when they were here for dinner recently I was raving about the DIS.

Well she jumped on here today and was reading some threads. Between which resort to choose, Queenie and I "debating" everything, hiring fridges, which airline, what park what day, 180 days out for ADR's etc......

WE'VE SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF HER!!!!!!!!!!

She is petrified of WDW and isn't sure she wants to go now :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

She hasn't got a name on here yet but she's a crazy Hockey Mum so I say she should use AussieHockeyMum as her sign on.

Help me convince her that while there is alot to know, WDW isn't scary and neither is the planning.

It's just lots of reading and fun :)

And how about you give her your top 5 tips for planning a wonderful WDW trip...

and I thought she was a friend :confused3.

Thanks everyone for your words of welcome and encouragement. I look forward to all your help and tips in planning our trip. Ms. Shuttergirl you will pay for such a public outting :laughing:

Welcome AussieHockeyMum :cheer2:

I won't comment on the "scared her away" bit, because to be honest, the boards have kind of scared me away (from WDW) too. So for the moment we are happy to keep going to Disneyland :dance3::dance3::dance3:

xxx

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

You know I am an awesome friend. I have introduced you to all of these wonderful people who will help you beyond your wildest dreams. Everyone here in the Aussie section is so helpful, seriously I am constantly amazed at everyone's generosity with their past experiences, knowledge and sometimes just an understanding ear.

You will love researching your trip and becoming a little crazy just like the rest of us LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter