Weather in January?

NSN

Earning My Ears
We will be at the Y&BClub in mid-January for a week (YEA!!!!). Any hints on how to pack, what the weather will be like? We are coming from the mid-west (Chicagoland area) and am pretty sure the weather will be nicer in WDW than here;) at that point, but some words of wisdom from experienced "January" folks would be a great help. Thanks in advance.

Since the weather in January can be unpredictable, pack for anything! We went last January and the beginning of the week was cold!(highs in the 40's). But it did warm up so you have to be prepared. Bring layers. We found that mostly we wore jeans, a t-shirt, a sweatshirt over that, then a fleece jacket over that. As the day goes on you can usually peel off a layer or two. At night it was pretty cold. We even had the kids in hats and mittens to watch the electric light parade. But believe it or not, we were able to use the pool on our trip. Our warmest days were about 65, but the pool was heated so we would jump in and have fun, then RUN back to the room! I have heard though that you can hit highs in the 80's in January too. So I would recommend watching the forecast as your trip gets closer, but have everything on hand ready to pack (bathing suit, shorts, sweatshirts, fleece, mittens). Our suitcases weighed a ton, but for a trip at that time of year, we were prepared. I would say the fleece was the most practical item we brought, just perfect for what we hit.

I must agree with the above post. I have lived in Orlando since I was two. I am a wimp in the cold weather ( I almost froze to death while stationed at Great Lakes). Anyway, one year my best friend from Ottawa Canada came to visit early in January. We froze! It was so cold and windy- she ended up wearing her heavy winter coat she had travelled in. But, other years I know it has been in the upper 70's in January. Check out the weather reports closer to your trip but be prepared for anything!

Have a great trip!

To you both. Layers it is then! Jeans and sweatshirts make it easy, and (being from the mid-west) I live in fleece-type pullovers in the winter months anyway. . .

Can't wait to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I must agree with the other posterss. laLst year it was down right frigid! (I too am from Chicago and we looked high and low for long underwear, hats and mittens!) But the year before the weather was just absolutley perfect. Plan for the worst and hope for the best but most importantly enjoy yourself. We have a trip planned from 1-11 through 1 -17! Can't wait!!!!

and it was pretty cold, in fact we heard from lots of the locals that they were having the coldest winter they'd had in over 50 years!! It was still warmer than Michigan though! :D During the day at the parks it was sunny, we wore jeans and t-shirts, with a sweatshirt over, and by early afternoon we could take the sweatshirts off. But by the time the sun went down the sweatshirts went back on. I remember at the Magic Kingdom on E-Ticket Night we could see our breath, but we were having so much fun we really didn't care that it was cold! :D I did wish I had gloves though, and earmuffs, they would have been very welcome that night!

Chicago in January -- Orlando in January.... hmmm.... well, I think I'll take Orlando *grin*

And I will remember to bring gloves and earwarmers. I just noticed that we will be there at the parks on the same dates that Lizdotcom will be! :D

Hey NSN since you will be there when we will be here if you would like to meet up somewhere and share your tips, let em know. Still looking to get enough people together for an Illuminations crusie. We are staying at the DIV, how about you?

We're at the Y&B Club. (Don't know what DIV is :confused:) -- I'm still putting together an itinerary for us: there are some places we know we absolutely have to see again, eat at, etc etc... I'll be posting here until we go so we have some time to work something out!!

Make sure to make a 7:30 ressie for the Rose and Crown one evening and request an outside table! Best Illuminations view I have found but then I am still trying to work out the Illuminations Cruise. I also have an extra ressie for 2 at Cindies for Monday if you would like it. I don't know how many of you there are but if you want it jsut let me know. Are you counting down yet? I think we leave in 45 days! Can't wait:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter