Weather obsessed!

3DisneyBuggs

DIS Veteran
11 days to go and I keep checking the extended forecast. It’s been cold in the NE and Im ready for Florida sun. Of course the weather says things like cloudy, showers around, mostly cloudy. I know weather changes but I just want to see and feel warm sun. Feel free to reassure me! Anyone else like me?

11 days to go and I keep checking the extended forecast. It’s been cold in the NE and Im ready for Florida sun. Of course the weather says things like cloudy, showers around, mostly cloudy. I know weather changes but I just want to see and feel warm sun. Feel free to reassure me! Anyone else like me?

Ummm....this is FL. Let me explain something to you about the weather and those who forecast it that far ahead.....IGNORE IT! :rotfl2::rotfl2: The thing is this....even from one day to the very next things will change. My son had a field trip on March 14th and on the 13th I looked at the forecast for the weather. His trip was in Alabama mind you not here in FL. Still....they forecasted rain showers starting at 11am and going all day till the early evening I believe. Guess what...they got sprinkles, nothing that interuppted their field trip. Here in FL though...I can have it raining cats and dogs on my street :umbrella: and then drive 7 minutes up the road and have complete sunshine! :beach: I can say this....continous showers are a rarity in my area. The times I can remember, long periods of rain....over a couple of hours are few and far between. When they forecast scattered showers, it is JUST that. I was driving home from work once on the interstate. I had sunlight where I was. As I looked ahead, I could see the gray and stormy clouds. Drove right into this downpour that lasted....are you ready....maybe 2 minutes. Other side...sunshine again. :eek: As long as I've lived in FL it still makes me go wait, what?? Wait till about 5 days before, that will be a bit more accurate. Just bring ponchos, jackets, and pants just in case! Have fun! party:

Yeah, it's not that "weather changes." It's that it's virtually impossible to predict in advance.

Plus, it's not like you're not going if it rains. Look a day or two out, pack appropriately, and make the most of whatever weather you get.

I do have to say - we got one of those "rare" days where it rained from about 5 minutes before RD until about 6 PM that night - and I'm not talking sprinkles. We had one of THE BEST park days we have ever had! Try not to fret too much! :)

I do have to say - we got one of those "rare" days where it rained from about 5 minutes before RD until about 6 PM that night - and I'm not talking sprinkles. We had one of THE BEST park days we have ever had! Try not to fret too much! :)

Isn't that interesting the way that worked out for you though?? Everyone is ready to head back to the resort and wait it out. Nope! Just stay in the park and do all the rides that still run in the rain. I bet you rode multiple rides multiple times because everyone else hightailed it out of the park.
Those all day rains are rare and the one you had where it not only rained all day but it was a hard rain...whoa! :umbrella:

It rained pretty solidly on one of our MK days this week. We had packed our rain jackets and it was just fine! I would have been cranky without proper attire though. Just pack prepared.

I would like to say that I only take a brief glimpse at the forecast before I go, but, yes, I am an obsessive weather-checker. I know that the forecast will change (who knows that better than an obsessive weather-checker?), but I want to use the information to pack the most appropriate clothing I can. I recently went during a cold snap and was struck by the number of people who either were very cold-blooded or didn’t check a forecast. They were wearing shorts and short sleeved shirts when I was in jeans and fleece. If I had just researched the usual WDW weather during the time I went, I probably would have packed differently, but it turns out that the temperature didn’t get near the average high the week I was there, so I was glad I (obsessively) watched the forecast.

As far as worrying about the forecast in regard to how the weather will impact my plans, I don’t. I go to WDW to spend most of my time outdoors, so I don’t adjust my plans because of the weather.

Isn't that interesting the way that worked out for you though?? Everyone is ready to head back to the resort and wait it out. Nope! Just stay in the park and do all the rides that still run in the rain. I bet you rode multiple rides multiple times because everyone else hightailed it out of the park.
Those all day rains are rare and the one you had where it not only rained all day but it was a hard rain...whoa! :umbrella:

It was pretty fantastic! The only ride queue that still had any kind of wait were Pooh and Peter. We literally walked onto Space, Thunder and Splash - did Splash multiple times without even getting off! My only disappointment was that we didn't get the rainy day parade :( I've always wanted to see that! It let up just enough to get the regular one. I was lucky enough to get the rain parade during our past trip to DLR though!

It was pretty fantastic! The only ride queue that still had any kind of wait were Pooh and Peter. We literally walked onto Space, Thunder and Splash - did Splash multiple times without even getting off! My only disappointment was that we didn't get the rainy day parade :( I've always wanted to see that! It let up just enough to get the regular one. I was lucky enough to get the rain parade during our past trip to DLR though!

Sounds awesome!!!

Your signature though!!! The GIF with Thor and Lokie!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Hahah thanks! BFF and I each had shirts that said GET HELP on them with Thor & Loki for our DLR trip - we got a lot of compliments! Its our favorite movie!

I did the same thing before we left on our first ever Spring Break trip to Orlando, constantly checking the weather...I was disappointed in the weather forecast (cloudy 60-70 degree days, some rain) that I almost cancelled the trip as I wanted SUN and 80 after a long winter. Turns out we had 2 so-so days and the rest were beautiful! The weather forecast was so much worse than what we actually got. Hope it works out for you!!

We were there from March 13 to the 20th and all of the forecasts that we had were pretty much spot on from one month out. Sounds ridiculous and I’m sure they just got lucky but it was actually right. I am weather obsessed as well! The good news is the one day that it rained HS was not that crowded and our TL day we got on every waterslide in two hours because it was 66° and cloudy! I love the hot Florida sun but it’s nice to have a break from that too! Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter