• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Webmaster Michelle...a couple of questions...

TChrist05

DIS Veteran
Hey Michelle....need your opinion on a couple of things...obviously you know I was on the 11/30 Magic cruise that was cancelled. After many phone calls and a Disney supervisor getting involved they seemed to find me room on the 12/1 cruise that was supposed completely full....Ric Richardson was the DCL cast member that helped me out with these reservations....First of all...I booked the 11/30 cruise on 11/30/01...a full year before the sailing...uh....non-sailing...but anyway...I paid a total of $1946.00 with the Disney transfers...no insurance for a category 8....was upgraded about 3 weeks ago to a category 5.....so this is what they worked out for me....I arrive in MCO tomorrow morning...Mears takes us to POR for the night...we depart on DCL bus on Sunday morning for the port....spend 4 nights on the ship....category 8......when the cruise is done with we go back to POR for the last two nights on DCL..then we start our 5 nights that we had booked.....they are giving us food vouchers for the 3 days on Disney property...don't know if it is table service or just fast food....hopefully it is table service since we would have been enjoying Disney Magic food if we were on the ship....and since we did not need passes to the parks(we have annuals) they are throwing in a $200.00 on board credit.....and transportation back to the airport....it was like an even swap for the money I paid for the cruise....but for some reason I feel I am getting a 4 night for the price of 7....I could have booked a room at POR with annual passholder savings for 79 a night....and like I said I have no idea what the food issue will be....I just don't know if I made the right decision...I am looking forward to the cruise...but not doing the cartwheels I was before the cancellation....I am not looking for something for nothing...just value for what I paid....what do you think.....hey all...please be easy on me if you think I am being greedy....but I don't feel I am.....Thanks...Tom

Hi Tom! Let me be sure I have this straight before I answer. :) You are getting the 4-night cruise plus the POR stay before and after the cruise, transportation, 3 days worth of food vouchers at WDW and a $200 onboard credit at the exact same price you already paid for the 7-night cruise? Is that right?

If that is the case, I honestly do think you got a fair deal. :) The price you paid is often what the 4-night cruises DO go for (and I know you booked a year in advance) and since you're getting the rest of your lodging costs, transportation costs, food and an onboard credit to boot you really are doing great pricewise. I know it's not the same as the 7-night cruise and I know it's disappointing to do the shorter cruise, but I think DCL did give you a very good deal.

I hope you have a WONDERFUL time and celebrate your birthday in style! :)

Thanks Michelle....I did feel it was a decent deal....but people I talked to at work seemed to feel that I should have gotten some money back at this time of year and since I actually did book so early....but the way I look at it is the money is gone...it won't cost me any more and the on-board credit might cover all expenses on the ship except tips...which actually will cost me less now since it is only 4 nights.....but thanks for your kind words and I am sure it will be great....my daughter just put my lime green ribbon on my Yankee world championship hat....looking forward to meeting fellow DIS'ers on the ship as well as in the parks...I'm Going to Disney is also staying at POR and we are going to meet up next Thursday or Friday......Thanks and I will talk to all when we return on December 12th....oh no.....I am going to be away from my computer and Disboards for 13 days....how will I survive?

Tom
:) :bounce: :Pinkbounc ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter