"we'd like to thank you with a special gift" email??

DisneyJB

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone - Well I've been waiting and hoping for a pin, and got excited because I got the "Explore your Resort Pick" email on Monday. Well today I got an email saying the following:

Because you are a registered Guest on Disneyworld.com, we'd like to thank you with a special gift. Anytime of the year is a great time to visit Walt Disney World® Resort. Let us know which month you would be most likely to visit and we'll give you a Disney character-themed downloadable keepsake.

Do you guys think that I should click the link and do whatever it is they're asking, or just leave it alone for a day or so? Someone suggested that I NOT "explore" my resort with the link provided in that email, so I haven't done anything yet. Thanks for any advice!

I didn't download anything but about a week later I did get the 20/30/40 pin. I just kept saving different weeks at different resorts.

I didn't download anything but about a week later I did get the 20/30/40 pin. I just kept saving different weeks at different resorts.
Thanks for the info. I haven't saved any offers for more than a few minutes, but I could go in and do that again. I just thought maybe I'd wait a bit more, and I know that the reason that I got the Explore Your Resort email was because of my itinerary saved - it showed "need accomodations" with certain dates, but my profile had the Boardwalk selected, which is exactly what they sent me in the email. Maybe I'll wait another day or two and then go back in and try again. In the meantime I'll leave the new email alone. I just hate to pay rack rate if I could get any sort of a discount. Thanks again!

I would say that you should try it... there are serveal different pins out right now. If Disney is looking to maximize the usage of pins then they might pinpoint (no pun intended) vacationers by the dates they choose most often. Just a guess... :confused3

I would say that you should try it... there are serveal different pins out right now. If Disney is looking to maximize the usage of pins then they might pinpoint (no pun intended) vacationers by the dates they choose most often. Just a guess... :confused3

That's a very good idea. It came the night before last, so maybe if a pin doesn't come through in a day or so, I'll try it. I would imagine that it can't hurt. Thanks!:)

I also received this.

The "Disney character-themed downloadable keepsake" that they are talking about is just a picture that you can use as your wallpaper/background picture, and a disney character themed clock that you can pin to your background for your computer.

No worries, if it was a PIN, it would say it. I received the pin email also. Actually, I received the "keepsake" email after I called to use my PIN.

Good luck.

I also received this.

The "Disney character-themed downloadable keepsake" that they are talking about is just a picture that you can use as your wallpaper/background picture, and a disney character themed clock that you can pin to your background for your computer.

No worries, if it was a PIN, it would say it. I received the pin email also. Actually, I received the "keepsake" email after I called to use my PIN.

Good luck.

Thanks. I knew that it wasn't a pin, but, like some other people, I've been unsure as to what to do with these random Disney Destination emails - make the video or not, for example. It's more been a game of wondering whether or not doing anything with these emails will help or hinder the pin code quest (I know, but it's starting to feel like a quest!). Anyway, it's great to know that you got a pin! I'm still waiting and hoping!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter