MickeyMouseCartel

Earning My Ears
When I first contacted Disney, they would call/email right away. When dealing with Pam Pearce ( wedding consultant) she usually responded a few hours after I sent an email. once was placed with a “wedding team” I emailed and asked for an introduction call For the following week to go over a few questions. That actually went well. with work and everything going on in my life, I was quite busy so I didn’t contact them again until about a month - month and half later. Now it begins... that email was ignored. I sent a second email the following week. Ignored. Now I contacted pam Pearce ( although she isn’t a wedding planner ) being that she usually replies rather quickly to see if there’s a communication error or if she can help me with my questions ... no response . Finally the next day ( I think ) my main wedding planner contacted me ( still never responded to the 2nd email with different questions). She didn’t even answer all my questions from the 1st email . She was vague with the ones she did answer . Leading me towards having more questions or wanting her to elaborate on the topic. Now I have to send ANOTHER email to stress my concerns ... and wait AGAIN ? I thought this was going to be easy. I heard so many ppl say the process was great. No stress. Quick replies. Catered to their needs. But of course I ended up with the short end of the stick . They didn’t even tell me that one of the wedding planners assigned to me, was no longer my wedding planner. until she finally replied after I had contacted Ms. Pearce about the communication problems , is when she told me someone else was assigned to me now. Thanks for the heads up!!! Ridiculous . What also pisses me off . Sure I would love to have everything but unfortunately I can not afford it all. Every time I ask how much something would cost? That question gets beat around the bush too. I can’t budget for a wedding if I have no idea how much everything I’m adding is going to cost me. I’m trying to be as cost effective as possible and can’t help but wonder if that’s the reason I’m getting put on the back burner ??? Once I asked about prices , her tone was different. Idk .. as much as I dreamed of my wedding here . I’m regretting it right now. ** & I specifically mentioned at least 3 separate occasions, being that she asked for me to come in person to do the hands on planning, I need to confirm the dates so I can book flights right away. its the week of valentines day which the prices are increasing. she has yet to confirm the appointment . has anyone else gone through this and what did you do ???????

Last edited:
In general, you don't start getting really personalized attention from your Wedding Event Manager until 6 months out or closer, and they can't lock in specific pricing for anything until 6 months either. Also, December is one of the busiest months for Disney weddings, and each planner is juggling multiple weddings. So that makes it even less likely that someone planning for next year will be at the top of the list for attention right now.

I understand how frustrating it is not to be able to book flights or get prices. That's one of the main reasons I wrote my book—because Disney wouldn't tell me how much my wedding was going to cost until I signed a contract. So I create that self-calculating budget worksheet to allow others to plug in prices for the things they want and see how much will apply toward Disney's minimum, how much tax and service charge will be, and what the total will be. You can get current individual pricing in my guide and from the posted BEOs of other Disney couples.

In general, you don't start getting really personalized attention from your Wedding Event Manager until 6 months out or closer, and they can't lock in specific pricing for anything until 6 months either. Also, December is one of the busiest months for Disney weddings, and each planner is juggling multiple weddings. So that makes it even less likely that someone planning for next year will be at the top of the list for attention right now.

I understand how frustrating it is not to be able to book flights or get prices. That's one of the main reasons I wrote my book—because Disney wouldn't tell me how much my wedding was going to cost until I signed a contract. So I create that self-calculating budget worksheet to allow others to plug in prices for the things they want and see how much will apply toward Disney's minimum, how much tax and service charge will be, and what the total will be. You can get current individual pricing in my guide and from the posted BEOs of other Disney couples.

thank you so much for your response! it did make me feel better about the waiting game. im new to this disboard thing I didn't even realize you're Carrie Hayward! 😱😅 I have your guide already! I got discouraged from reading it when I mentioned to my planner about a few things, such as an outside vendor, and she kept making it seem like it was too complicated or I wouldn't be happy with another vendors work. so I thought to myself, I guess ill just go through Disney for everything. Recently, I realized your podcast is on Spotify and I been listening religiously ever single day for the past week. I noticed other brides have used outside vendors and I learned how to cut down some cost. I also joined the Facebook disbride group that was mention on your podcast , which has been helpful also. thank you so much for all the information you have provided because it felt like someone else was calling all the shots before and now I'm gaining back some control.

My friend is having a DCL wedding in September 2020. She barely was able to get it added to her cruise (just last week, even though the cruise was booked 2 months ago) and was told that at the 6-month mark, there would be more discussion.

In any event, have a great WDW wedding!

thank you so much for your response! it did make me feel better about the waiting game. im new to this disboard thing I didn't even realize you're Carrie Hayward! 😱😅 I have your guide already! I got discouraged from reading it when I mentioned to my planner about a few things, such as an outside vendor, and she kept making it seem like it was too complicated or I wouldn't be happy with another vendors work. so I thought to myself, I guess ill just go through Disney for everything. Recently, I realized your podcast is on Spotify and I been listening religiously ever single day for the past week. I noticed other brides have used outside vendors and I learned how to cut down some cost. I also joined the Facebook disbride group that was mention on your podcast , which has been helpful also. thank you so much for all the information you have provided because it felt like someone else was calling all the shots before and now I'm gaining back some control.

I'm so glad to hear it! Hopefully the latest episode on using outside vendors was helpful. It really isn't difficult, and Disney doesn't even have to deal with them, so I'm not sure why they're trying so hard to discourage you.

Hi. We just had my daughter's wedding in November. My daughter did all of the communicating but I was also on the contract and received copies of all and once or twice I was involved in an email or two. We had no issues.

Just curious - Have you done any research so you have an idea of what the wedding venues, photographer, limo, bus, DJ, etc. cost/estimate cost? Of course there are a ton of prices too for food/buffet seat down, etc. But I am thinking you might have an idea, yes? Do you feel you are asking how much every thing is? Do you feel they are brushing you off because you "can't afford it" There is really no way of knowing the final amounts until you have chosen your meal, bar package, flowers/decorations.

Venue prices are pretty set as well as photographer, (depending on the hours), DJ. (give or take a few dollars) etc.

Maybe they are just busy. They cater to all sizes and budgets. I am not sure what you mean by - sure I would love to have it all but can't afford it all. All those details start at your 6 month mark. Your tell them what you want. Not sure if I am making sense.

I hope it all works out for you. Might be very busy right now with weddings and Christmas. I found it very stressful but they have it down to a science and it exceeded my expectations.

Hang in there.

Hi There! My husband and I just had our Wedding Wishes back in October. Communication between our wedding coordinator started off with a three hour planning session via phone back in March, but from then on, it was intermittent emails / texts, since we presumed there were a lot of spring-time weddings. We started to get more communication via emails from room coordinator and wedding coordinator roughly 4 weeks out from our date From then on, it was like a breath of relief, since I was on pins/needles up until then. Good luck, but Disney has a way of working its magic. Best wishes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter