Weight loss/maintenance/healthy living support chat

So good to read the positive things that have been happening! As for myself, my downfall is weekends (mainly Sundays). We typically eat lunch at my moms and dinner at my inlaws, so I have no control over what we eat and they are both great cooks! Yesterday though, my mom had roast and carrots which is good on my eating plan (calorie counting) and my MIL had lasagna (frozen store bought) and fried rabbit. I'm not much on the fried rabbit and don't feel the need to overindulge on the lasagna, so it was a good eating day for me yesterday. Hoping to use that momentum to do even better this week during the week!

wasn't particularly healthy eater this weekend. Not too bad but I need to do better. Second wave of Cov19 in Ireland/Europe & 6 months since it all started it's draining but we need to try to come to terms with it and not eat my though it this time
I need to try harder too as my first reaction was to go for the junk when I heard things were heading in the wrong direction regarding Covid19. I keep telling myself it's not forever and I need to be able to get into my jeans once we are allowed to socialize again :scared1: :rotfl:

I need to try harder too as my first reaction was to go for the junk when I heard things were heading in the wrong direction regarding Covid19. I keep telling myself it's not forever and I need to be able to get into my jeans once we are allowed to socialize again :scared1: :rotfl:

I know what you mean, I was in a low mood last week, and I reached for....... my bowl of chopped melon and grapes :rotfl2:

Happy weekend everyone! I wanted to check in and report that after three weeks in WW I have lost over 4.2 kg, which equals more than 9 pounds. I will start to eat a bit more of my weekly points as I don’t want to lose too quickly and have my body go in starvation mode.

The good thing is that I see on my scale that it is really the fat that is disappearing, not the muscles. I started doing weights at the gym last year and I think it’s a game changer for me. I started because of back aches starting to appear and I knew I needed to work on that to prevent it becoming an issue. But the added bonus is that more muscle burns more energy.

Happy weekend everyone! I wanted to check in and report that after three weeks in WW I have lost over 4.2 kg, which equals more than 9 pounds. I will start to eat a bit more of my weekly points as I don’t want to lose too quickly and have my body go in starvation mode.

The good thing is that I see on my scale that it is really the fat that is disappearing, not the muscles. I started doing weights at the gym last year and I think it’s a game changer for me. I started because of back aches starting to appear and I knew I needed to work on that to prevent it becoming an issue. But the added bonus is that more muscle burns more energy.

Thats great news, and yes be careful you don't loose too much too fast. And thats great that you found exercise that works for you. :)

@BadPinkTink When is your surgery? I hope all goes well! Will you be able to add fats back into your diet afterwards?

My surgery is this week, so not long to go. Yes my consultant said that I should be able to go back to a normal diet. I'm going to take it slow though, add back in the good fats first, things like switching back to muesli for breakfast, normal hummus instead of low fat etc. He warned me about weight gain, which is logical , as the diet is so restrictive. I have some meals in the freezer, so that after my surgery I don't have to worry about cooking for a few days.

@BadPinkTink All the best for the surgery! Hope you will have s as speedy recovery!

I think taking it slow with the change back to a normal diet is smart. Especially be careful with the fiber in the beginning. I find that my digestive system is still dealing with getting used to all the veggies and whole grain products I am feeding it at the moment.

will be thinking about you bad pinktink! Hope it goes very smoothly and you recover super quick

Im a week over my surgery and doing fine. Just a bit achy but the wounds are healing fine. Between my pre surgery check up and the day of surgery , about 2 weeks, I lost 1 kg :) I have started being less restrictive with my diet, just little things like having some butter on toast and switching back to my low sugar muesli. I'm starting to reduce my sugar intake and the mid morning munchies are gone again.

This is lowest weight I have been for a good number of years but I'm still classed as overweight for my height so I'm going to try to keep to this healthy eating. Now that I am not afraid of the scales I might try to weigh myself every so often and see if I can loose a few more kg.

how is everyone doing?

I have been meaning to say hi here for some time. I am still doing really well! I don’t know why, but it feels so easy at the moment. I am down 6kg as of today. 12 more to go. And I expect that there will be some plateaus at some point.

I like the flexibility that is built into the WW system which enables me to have treats now and then. We like to go out for dinner on Friday evenings and I have been able to build that into my plan. I still make responsibly choices. Yesterday I had a burger without mayo and no fries. The other day I shared a pizza with my husband.

I am also impressed with the recipes WW has available. I have made several and they were all a success. Even my husband agrees. The other day we had Cheeseburger gnocchi and they were requested again for next week! If anyone wants the recipe, let me know!

Im a week over my surgery and doing fine. Just a bit achy but the wounds are healing fine. Between my pre surgery check up and the day of surgery , about 2 weeks, I lost 1 kg :) I have started being less restrictive with my diet, just little things like having some butter on toast and switching back to my low sugar muesli. I'm starting to reduce my sugar intake and the mid morning munchies are gone again.

This is lowest weight I have been for a good number of years but I'm still classed as overweight for my height so I'm going to try to keep to this healthy eating. Now that I am not afraid of the scales I might try to weigh myself every so often and see if I can loose a few more kg.

Happy to hear that everything went well! I hope you will continue to heal well. And good luck with the healthy eating!

I have to admit that I am on the scale daily and find that that’s the only way for me to stay accountable. I don’t worry about fluctuations as long as the trend is not upwards.

I am also impressed with the recipes WW has available. I have made several and they were all a success. Even my husband agrees. The other day we had Cheeseburger gnocchi and they were requested again for next week! If anyone wants the recipe, let me know!

I cook a lot of WW recipes and buy the magazine. Yes please share recipes you find and you like

Last edited:
What plan are you doing on WW @Flossbolna. I am thinking of trying something different

Green. They give you a questionnaire when you sign up about your eating habits and what suits you best. And it was green for me. And I think it’s the best for me. The difference between the plans is how many zero point foods you get. In green nearly all vegetables and fruit are zero (avocados aren’t because if lots of fat for example). Blue adds low fat protein (0% yoghurt, chicken breast) and purple then also adds complex carbs and legumes. The more zero point foods you have, the less smart points you have for other food. Since I don’t eat lots of chicken and low fat dairy, this was not an option for me. I like green because it gives me the most flexibility, but still steers me to eating more vegetables, something I struggle with. I also like the points system. It’s not just calorie based, but also takes into account how nutritious the food is. A cookie will have more points than chickpeas even if they have the same calories.

I have lost 13 pounds so far, but the last couple of weeks I have been struggling. Last weekend there was finally movement on the scale, but this disappeared again. Hope to see the lower number again soon!

I find WW a bit pricey, but currently it’s really helpful to me! I need the incentive to eat healthier, not just to count calories.

I am going to try purple I think! I need something different. With calories I get too ... keen to get results and walk/move to much. I want to be able to sit down and have a good meal without worrying about exact deficit right now

There are zoom meetings and I like the coach

How is everyone else doing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!