• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Weird -- no dump station?

StampMom

<font color=9999FF>MK will always be the "real" WD
We just got back a couple of weeks ago from our first trip to FW. We loved it, and will definitely be going back! One thing we were surprised about, though, is that FW doesn't have a dump station. We were at a partial hook-up site, 'cause we just have gray water. When our tank filled, we went to ask at the front desk where we could empty it, and they told us we had to find an empty full-hookup site to dump at! What do people do when the campground is sold out? Does anyone else think this is weird?

We were also very surprised to see how many of our "neighbors" were flagrantly violating Florida's new rules about gray water. Most of them were either letting their gray water just run onto the ground, or were using open containers (like paint buckets) to catch it. No-one from FW seemed to notice or care -- I guess maybe they expect that when they don't have facilities to empty gray water containers?

When you first drive into FW, past the guard station, there's a little :driveway" that goes off to the left - I always thought that was a dump station! I don't have a motorhome though, so I've never paid much attention to it, I just assumed that's what it was.

What is that little "turnaround" looking thing then?

That's what I had assumed the turn around was too.

You have to remember that this campground was built in 1971 and camping equipment has come a long way. As for dumping having worked there I can tell you this is standard practice even when the campground is full we always found a site for a guest to dump. The campground ofcourse would prefer that camping equipment with holding tanks stay in full or preferred sites for that reason. Typical Disney ploy to get you to pay more. Yes the turn around as you come in is for unhooking towing vehicles too bad more dont use it instead of blocking there loop as they hook and unhook their cars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter