"Welcome Home" Packet for DVC Point Renters?

jforever52

Mouseketeer
We have successfully rented out, for the first time, our DVC points through David's Vacation Club Rental (of whom I would highly recomend...the whole process was quick, painless, and complete in about 2 weeks).

I was considering making a packet of information to send to the family who is renting our points which would include some park maps, hotel information etc. It would also include some general guidelines about using the DVC rooms and maybe some stickers and coloring pages for the kids.

What do you think about this? Is there anything you would suggest including?

I've always loved getting trip itenerary or goodies in the mail before we go. It adds to the excitement. I was hoping to pass the magic along...and remind them in a fun way to respect and care for the DVC property.

Great idea! Your renters are lucky to have found you.

I rented a reservation once, several years ago now, and the person I rented from sent us a "goodies package" ahead of time. It had all the things you mentioned, along with a "planning calendar" (calendar pages for the time between when we made the reservation and when we were to arrive), marked with stickers and such-like. Our owner also included some discount coupons for Downtown Disney restaurants (House of Blues, as I recall). It was very cool.

It wasn't at all "necessary"--we're DVC vets (rented because I'd run out of points--including borrowed points!--that year), so didn't "need" the maps and hints & instructions...but we sure did get a kick out of getting the package.

I think it's a GREAT idea!

The DVC rules should have been included in your contract, as far as offering other goodies, some people care and some don't. I offer web links that provide current info if my renter is interested.

:earsboy: Bill

I can say that I would really appreciate something like this! I'm not looking for freebies, just some general information that may differ from being a regular hotel guest.

One question I have is "Can I check in online prior to our arrival?" "Can I request a room location/view?" As a renter/guest, I'm not sure if I can do these things or if the owner/member has to.

:goodvibes

Hi
The owner needs to make the requests, as a renter you will not have access to member services. That is the only downside to renting imo.

Have a great time!

Ok, so, good to know! :goodvibes I don't do anything, or have to worry about anything until I arrive to check in at the BWV. :cool1: :banana: :cool1: :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter