Welcome - Please read before posting

Hi Podcast Crew,
I'm a new listener and I have really been enjoying listening to the show these last few weeks. I don't make a lot of trips down to the World, and it is great to hear what's going on in the news and "relive the magic" as I've heard many people way. I'm also making a mental list of new things to include in my plans for future trips down the road. Thanks all!

I just joined recently....
I listen to your show nonstop in the car, for it's humor and informative bits as well. You guys not only saved me money on a Dinning Plan but helped me to get an Upgrade on my Resort.
Sent you an email about it, YOU GUYS (and SUPERWOMEN) ROCK!
:cool1:

Hi podcast crew from Adam in the UK

Like the previous post from Anjiebaby, i have been lurking on the boards since last year, mainly using the disboards dvc forums (as you have more info then the UK site im normally on) then i discovered the podcasts!

You have taken over my life, i downloaded every podcast from the start of 2009, (you filled up my 4gb ipod and i have now had to buy a bigger one ;o)
and im listening to 3 a day, travelling in the car to and from work but im only up to the 27th May, so im not up to date yet.

I have just spent the last 2 journeys listening to the podcast cruise and I would love to attend the next one or even a meet because it sounds like you all had a really great time, once iv convinced my wife and daughters that we should buy into DVC after our visit to the world in August i will move onto the Disunplugged podcruise, (if thats not possible due to school holiday limits then a call to Dreams might be on the cards ;o) )

Anyway, what im really trying to say is that the show is brilliant, im laughing at 5am in the morning and laughing 12 hours later when driving home.
After hearing on the podcasts about the blogs iv discovered and registered on that site and will try out Dis Radio (only twitter and facebook to go then)

So thankyou for entertaining me and reminding me i need to return to the world, keep up the good work

Adam

Hi Adam - how is it going with the Podcasts - I need a week off work to listen to the older ones :rotfl:

Glad you found the Podcast - it rocks and all the crew are just the most welcoming bunch of people :thumbsup2 I hope you can hold up the UK end and come on the next Podcast cruise :yay: Good luck with DVC - it's the best thing we've ever done :lovestruc

Hope to see you on the boards ;)

Hi Podcast Crew,
I'm a new listener and I have really been enjoying listening to the show these last few weeks. I don't make a lot of trips down to the World, and it is great to hear what's going on in the news and "relive the magic" as I've heard many people way. I'm also making a mental list of new things to include in my plans for future trips down the road. Thanks all!

I just joined recently....
I listen to your show nonstop in the car, for it's humor and informative bits as well. You guys not only saved me money on a Dinning Plan but helped me to get an Upgrade on my Resort.
Sent you an email about it, YOU GUYS (and SUPERWOMEN) ROCK!
:cool1:

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Hi guys! I started listening to the pod casts a couple months ago. I started with some from earlier this year. I think I am going to jump to current now and go backwards.

I have to tell you, I find myself LOL quite a bit. You guys are a riot.

I love Disney but I am not quite the die hard fan as some are on the boards. I may be kicked off the boards for admitting this but we have been hitting WDW about every third year so that we can fit in some other vacation spots! Some years, we even stay close to home. It depends on the vacation budget for the year, ya know? Anyway, I absolutely believe in the magic of Disney and love it when we get to go. (Please don't disable my username, k?)

So my quesion - is there a place where you have posted bios and user names for the podcast crew? I have been able to piece together a lot of it but sometimes I think I am still behind. I would love to know a little bit more about the team.

Don't laugh at this but I use to not be able to tell John and Kevin apart by their voices. But then I figured out (or at least I think I did) that Kevin is just chiming in a lot! LOL Kevin please don't take offense! Just kidding around with you!

It is only fair that I share a little info about myself - My husband and I have been married for 13 years (as of next week). We have three kids - dd,10; ds, almost 8; dd, 5. We both work full time and between jobs and the kids, we are super busy. We have taken the kids to WDW twice. Our third trip is planned for October and we can't wait.

Thanks for what you are doing! I very much enjoy these boards!

:)Hi basketlacey....

Welcome aboard.

Thanks for the nice comments. I think you will find Disney fans of every variety here. This is a friendly place to hang out.

Please keep in mind that someof these folks have been chatting for a few years now, so it may seem like there is lot of "in" jokes. Make yourself known, get to know the other folks and I think you will find that you are pulled right in.

As for our bios and photos.....some of us...ok, John and I... have asked that our photos not be posted. We do restaurant reviews, and they arent always good. I wouldnt want anyone doing anything to our food. :)

There is a anniversary show that would give you a lot of background.

Enjoy listening.

Thrilled to have you aboard.

Oh - I definitely understand about the inside jokes! Right now I am trying to figure out what the big deal is about swimming in the lakes. Regardless, I crack up when I listen!

I hear ya about the photos! I actually love the restaurant reviews. I am very excited that you are doing some offsite reviews because we are staying offsite in October. We have actually rented a house because there are 13 of us and we wanted to stay together. It ended up that we are going to be there during free dining so we will likely be looking for some offsite restaurants because I think they will be much less crowded!

I can clear up the "lakes" comment.

Every year, we do a story about not swimming in lakes in FL...especially in warm weather.

A very nasty amoeba grows in the warm water. It thrives in the sand in the shallow areas.

If this amoeba gets into your mucous membranes, it can lead to a quick and nasty death. This usually happens to children.

Also...several of our podcast team (not me) took a fishing excursion on Bay LAke so that we could reort on it. During the trip, the guide showed the team aligators and poisonous snakes.

After reporting on the deaths of kids and the aligators and snakes, someone posted a photo os kids swimming behind the Polynesian....in front of the no swimming sign.

We talked about it again and another podcast let people know that we were over-reacting.

Shortly after that...another child died from this brain eating amoeba.

This is where "stay outta tyhe damn lakes" comes from.

Now....the rest is up to you.:thumbsup2

Have fun.

Hi Kevin and all on the boards -

I am fairly new at this as my post count indicates, but I am not new to Disney. My wife, son, and I get to WDW and/or Disneyland 2-3 times per year, are members of DVC, and considered ourselves fairly big Disney fans...

...until we discovered the DIS and the Podcast.

Like several other in this thread, I am hooked on the Podcast. I listen to at least two each day (yes, I am going to listen to all of those on iTunes eventually!!) The Podcast is funny, easy to listen to (even on subjects that have no bearing on me) and is very informative on those subjects that do have a bearing on me!

Congratulations on steering the evolution of this community into a thriving forum and (hopefully) a real business for yourselves. Like I said, I thought I was a real fan, until I got here!

BTW, I actually sent in an email question for the Podcast last week (1st time) regarding offsite dining ideas, which you read, Kevin, and thanks for the suggestions! I haven't heard back from you regarding the T-shirt! Are you still doing that? Maybe I didn't send enough info in my email...

Keep up the good work - I look forward to meeting you guys sometime!

David

Hi! My name is Margaret friend's call me Muggsie. I'm new to the podcast and am on the boards because of it. I'm enjoying both immensely!

Hi Podcast Crew!

New fan...I was just going to listen to maybe 1 to see if it was something I'd be interested in listening to later...I mean, I've done Dis quite a few times now and figured...eh, not sure a podcast is for me...

HAHA, 12 or 13 podcasts later, I was hooked. I knew it was bad when my husband said...

...are you still listening to those things? :confused3

I had it on in the background while I was working for a few days...ha, he had NO idea how far reaching Dis lovers are. He's doesn't get it...but that's okay..I'll still love him even without having the Dis bug. I'm just that kind of girl. I can overlook a fault. :rotfl2:

Anyway, another fan...I've been on the other board for awhile, and just came out of lurker mode this year.

Cheers, Deb/solar

Well, I'm that 5 month hump poster, lol.... (ok, so that sounded corny) anyway... been on DISBoards for, oh, IDK off the top of my head.. but I think it shows to the left, doesn't it? Gonna guess since Christmas '09. Anyway... LOVE IT!!! EXTREMELY HOOKED, to where I neglect my college work, which is SO NOT good, when I graduate this year and my reason for my vacation to Disney next year is because my graduation ceremonies take place in FL, lol. (Miami to be exact.) After my graduation, my family, I, a friend of mine and her family (9 of us) are heading to Disney for 11 days!!!! Can't wait!!!!!

I just recently found podcasts, well no actually I've seen it on the DISBoards, but never ventured over to here.. and just yesterday, I decided.. what the hey.. check it out, see what it's all about.. and whataya know! Listened to 30 minutes of Tuesdays show, and viola! I'm hooked!!!! It was late, and I was tired or I would have listened to the whole thing.. gonna get them all in, no matter how long it takes, lol.

Keep up the GREAT work, excellent information and funny statements, laughter :rotfl2: is the best medicine, or so they say, and I do believe it! :worship::thumbsup2:worship::thumbsup2

I just found this section of the boards (though I've been DISing for two years!) and will just jump on it, if it is okay! I'm Lyn. I am a CM with WDW (seasonal) and am a sophomore in college at BYU Idaho (as of April). Love listening to the podcast when I get a chance. Nice to meet everyone and I look forward to chatting with you all soon! :)

Hi everyone,

I'm a lifelong Disney fan, but only recently found the Dis Unplugged podcasts. Now, of course, I'm addicted. I'm in the process of listening to every podcast. I'm going back in time, and in the last few weeks I've listened back to every podcast till just before Bob passed away. I plan on listening back to the beginning while keeping up with all the new ones as they come out.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here. I'll probably be posting mostly on this board since I do belong to other Disney message boards but this podcast forum really brings something unique.

Hello to podcast crew and DISers
I have been on the DIS for a while... I think, and the first time that I listened to the pocast was the March 18th email session. That gentleman was so uplifting. I was able to get wind of it from my good friend *NikkiBell* who I know a few of you know well. I now listen to podcasts ony way to work and school trying to catch up on the many that I have missed out on. Keep up the good work.

Christine

Hi all,

I discovered your podcast about 6 months ago and have been listening to it while I run on the treadmill. I am running every Disney race this year (including the 5k fun runs), so I will be in Orlando quite often. I have learned lots of interesting and helpful tips. I am planning my family's reunion at Disney in December and am listening with extra care to Teresa's updates on her challenge (I posted separately about my Disney Dining Plan experience). I learned about Grand Gatherings from you guys, too, and would love to hear more about them on the podcast.

Thank you very much for making my long runs feel short!

George (mytripsandraces)

Hi all,

I discovered your podcast about 6 months ago and have been listening to it while I run on the treadmill. I am running every Disney race this year (including the 5k fun runs), so I will be in Orlando quite often. I have learned lots of interesting and helpful tips. I am planning my family's reunion at Disney in December and am listening with extra care to Teresa's updates on her challenge (I posted separately about my Disney Dining Plan experience). I learned about Grand Gatherings from you guys, too, and would love to hear more about them on the podcast.

Thank you very much for making my long runs feel short!

George (mytripsandraces)
Hi george! welcome to the podcast board.

Hey all!!!

I just wanted to say that the DIS Unplugged team is awesome!! Our class just went to WDW for a college class and got to meet with them at Ohana's and they are some of the funniest and interesting people you can meet! Thanks for starting off our trip right.

Jeff

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!