Welcome to the DIS Dads!!!!!

Hello, all!

Count me in, please! Since moving to Florida, I've caught the Disney bug! With a fanatic DW, an in-training DS2 and an elementary music classroom full of kids, I can't help but feel the 'excitement of a 7 year old' toward the mouse.

As for specific criteria - here's a sample:
25: No joke: I was just searching for a Mickey ears critter tie to add to my collection - we have a cruise coming up, have to look dapper!
30: Each Friday is my son's radio request day for our 1/2 hour trip to school (NE Florida/St Johns County) - this most recent friday, it consisted of "Grim Grinning Ghosts", "It's A Small World" and "It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow".
35: DS and I have matching polos, just got a new set of embroidered Tees for the family from Etsy
40: DW found a static sticker at Grand Floridian:
MyOtherCarIsAMonorail.jpg

51: The front office knows by now that, if I am not in school, there's a real good chance I'm at Epcot.

Please let me join your group! I'm glad to see there are others out there - makes me feel slightly less abnormal!

Hello, all!

Count me in, please! Since moving to Florida, I've caught the Disney bug! With a fanatic DW, an in-training DS2 and an elementary music classroom full of kids, I can't help but feel the 'excitement of a 7 year old' toward the mouse.

As for specific criteria - here's a sample:
25: No joke: I was just searching for a Mickey ears critter tie to add to my collection - we have a cruise coming up, have to look dapper!
30: Each Friday is my son's radio request day for our 1/2 hour trip to school (NE Florida/St Johns County) - this most recent friday, it consisted of "Grim Grinning Ghosts", "It's A Small World" and "It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow".
35: DS and I have matching polos, just got a new set of embroidered Tees for the family from Etsy
40: DW found a static sticker at Grand Floridian:
MyOtherCarIsAMonorail.jpg

51: The front office knows by now that, if I am not in school, there's a real good chance I'm at Epcot.

Please let me join your group! I'm glad to see there are others out there - makes me feel slightly less abnormal!

Oh yeah, you'll fit in just fine! Come check in on the main thread, here and get your official welcome and DISDads member number, and join in on the conversation.

Hello fellow Disney Dad's. I have been on these boards for more than 10 years (mainly DVC related) and finally found this location. I am an advid WDW fan. Spent many times there growing up in the 70's and early 80's. After having my first child in 2000, I convinced my wife to purchase into the DVC and have been going regulary since. We love it. I am the orchastrator/quarterback for planning our trips out. I already have the next two years mapped out. We have three children 12 yr old son, 10 yr old daughter and a 10 month old baby boy. Looking forward to spending time with you fellow Dad's in the future.

Thank you.

Hello fellow Disney Dad's. I have been on these boards for more than 10 years (mainly DVC related) and finally found this location. I am an advid WDW fan. Spent many times there growing up in the 70's and early 80's. After having my first child in 2000, I convinced my wife to purchase into the DVC and have been going regulary since. We love it. I am the orchastrator/quarterback for planning our trips out. I already have the next two years mapped out. We have three children 12 yr old son, 10 yr old daughter and a 10 month old baby boy. Looking forward to spending time with you fellow Dad's in the future.

Thank you.
:welcome:

Make sure you stop over in the main thread and introduce yourself there too. Randall will be around to give you an official number when he stops playing with his penguins. :thumbsup2

Here's a link for you... http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3067512

I've been a huge Disney fan all my life. As a kid, my dad would load us up in Memphis and head down to WDW once every three years or so. One year we went twice in less than 12 months. I thought I was the luckiest kid in the world that year. I remember to ABCDE tickets, River Country, the light parade on the water, staying in a trailer ("cabin") at Fort Wilderness, HoopDeDo, and watching Mary Poppins at the Contemporary for night time entertainment.

My wife and I went to WDW on our honeymoon 15 years ago and we've been back four times since. We have a family condo at Bonnet Creek and enjoy going there as often as our schedules permit with our three kids.

As the ID suggests, I'm a big UT Vols fan and am roughing it living in Bamaland.

I humbly apply for acceptance into this group. I am a DIS Dad for sure. I know this because no matter what i am doing at work or at home I always relate it to something that happened during one of our trips to the World. I cannot go a day without looking at pics of the place and am always in a state of planning for the next trip.

I humbly apply for acceptance into this group. I am a DIS Dad for sure. I know this because no matter what i am doing at work or at home I always relate it to something that happened during one of our trips to the World. I cannot go a day without looking at pics of the place and am always in a state of planning for the next trip.

Welcome :cool1:

Tell us where your from and about your family.

Can women be disdads? I have all the proper qualifications-except one;-) The moms thread is no fun whatsoever, typical tear each other down snippy women stuff. I like the info and discussions here. I am a DVC member, love classic Mickey Mouse, and am learning to appreciate princesses for the sake of my daughter. Found the info on the Grand Californian here, it was the best discussion I have seen. I grew up in SoCal and haven't been to Disneyland since I was 14, can't wait to take my daughter to Carsland. We go to DW about 2x per year. No men here though, just us girls.....

Can women be disdads? I have all the proper qualifications-except one;-) The moms thread is no fun whatsoever, typical tear each other down snippy women stuff. I like the info and discussions here. I am a DVC member, love classic Mickey Mouse, and am learning to appreciate princesses for the sake of my daughter. Found the info on the Grand Californian here, it was the best discussion I have seen. I grew up in SoCal and haven't been to Disneyland since I was 14, can't wait to take my daughter to Carsland. We go to DW about 2x per year. No men here though, just us girls.....

Hi CaoilinnsMom,

I am sorry, but at this time we are only accepting Males into the DISDads Club Membership. Please feel free to read along with us and comment if you wish to.

Hi CaoilinnsMom,

I am sorry, but at this time we are only accepting Males into the DISDads Club Membership. Please feel free to read along with us and comment if you wish to.

My DW thought the same about the Mom's thread as well.

My name is Luke, and I would like to join the DIS Dads. I've been to WDW 6 times over the past 5 years. We are also DVC members and over 50% of our DVR is dedicated to Disney movies and Disney TV shows. Also a big Star Wars fan, and went to Star Wars Weekends last year. My kids love WDW as well, and are just starting to get tall enough to ride some of the "big kid" rides. Just recently purchased Disney Infinity for XBOX 360, and I'm addicted. The thing I love about WDW is seeing my kids eyes light up when they do / see something new.

My name is Luke, and I would like to join the DIS Dads. I've been to WDW 6 times over the past 5 years. We are also DVC members and over 50% of our DVR is dedicated to Disney movies and Disney TV shows. Also a big Star Wars fan, and went to Star Wars Weekends last year. My kids love WDW as well, and are just starting to get tall enough to ride some of the "big kid" rides. Just recently purchased Disney Infinity for XBOX 360, and I'm addicted. The thing I love about WDW is seeing my kids eyes light up when they do / see something new.

Welcome to the Dark Side Luke - sorry, I'm sure someone was going to do that...

You definitely qualify and will fit right in with our group!

Post over HERE on the main thread and Randall will be around (once he puts down his beer and bacon) to give you your membership number!

Welcome Luke!

1) Read through what makes a DIS DAD HEREHERE[/URL]
2) If you fit into 1 or 100 of the categories....
3) Tell us about yourself and

i read through the list, opened notepad to start jotting down little remarks. stopped after 52 because it was 10am and i had been up for around 36 hours but finished reading them all. Here are the remarks i had saved...

8 - kinda, im already planning before i leave..
18 - cast exclusives/property control from disney reitree grandmother
30 - illuminations soundtrack
52 - future daughter if she is ever born, or my son. whichever arrives there first, then start a new one

About me, my name is TC. im 23 (turning 24 in Nov.) i have a 3 year old son with HypoPlastic Left Heart Syndrome. basically, you remember from school how the heart has 4 chambers, 2 on the left and 2 on the right? yeah.. his left side did not develop properly. he has no upper left part and the lower left side was about the size of a pea when he was born. he has been through all 3 major open heart surgeries to complete the staged reconstruction. so now his blood goes from heart out to body, straight back to his lungs, then from lungs to heart passively (heart isnt pumping it into itself like it does in you), then back out to the body. he tires quicker than a normal kid and thats about the only difference between him and any other kid. he also seems to get me sick alot because all he wants to do when sick is cuddle.

Im a stay at home dad, who does IT stuff for friends and family (most entry level IT jobs now require 3-5 years of previous experience.. if you want to get into the field through the entrylevel job how can you have previous work experience..? they never seem to count my personal experience).

later i will start typing up our pre-trip reports for my childs Make A Wish trip that we will be taking in November.

Whats up guys.....my name is Matt ive been 4 times this year last december than september for food and beer...and in may for starwars weekends and that scheduled for decemner 1-10 this year..my son is 4 and loves it to the max...and so does my wife.......glad to be here

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!