Welcome to WISH-topia! March 2017 WISH Lifestyle/Weight Challenge

So, I just got a new computer at work. It is amazing!! The keybord is so much nicer, the mouse feels really great and the best part: I now have TWO 24 inch monitors. Don't ask me why I need two (well, we are supposed to go over to all electronic files and that is when it will be interesting. But so far it is really crazy). I need to find a nice picture for the background of the second one to have something nice to look at when it is empty - which is going to be most of the time. Or I should just switch it off... Anyway, it is quite awesome and the DIS is huge now on my screen. I am sure it is perfect for reading trip reports with plenty of lovely pictures... :cool:

Very happy that I managed to stay within my goals for eating yesterday and today has been a good day, too. Had a lovely lentil soup from the local vegetarian cafe that was really tasty. And no cream or coconut in it, so not too much fat I think.

I also meant to report after my lunch yesterday where I had some pasta how proud I was that I actually stopped eating when I was full instead of finishing the whole plate of noodles in front of me! I think the sun we have at the moment really helps me to get into a better mood.

I also took pictures of my breakfast, but they are in the phone and I cannot get them posted until tonight... I made sure to put some Disney elements into the picture... Not into the food though, just in the decoration. But I have to say that I am very excited about my upcoming trip to the Tokyo and Shanghai Disney parks as there are all kind of cute food items in the shape of Disney characters! :thumbsup2

I am so excited for my snack this week. My husband is being awesome today and took the kids to the market. He bought stuff to make homemade salsa. It is the best. I can't wait to get home. He also got steak for later in the week at the market (it has fruit and veggie stands and butchers). He gets the grass fed meats which are so much better then what we can get at the super market.

This sounds really wonderful!! Do you think your DH would be willing to share his salsa recipe? Here in Germany it is really difficult to get salsa and then one you can buy is just not good at all. I have thought about making some a few times and just have no idea how.

Thanks! My knee is really just a bad case of road rash, deep enough in a couple places to cause it to bleed, but that's it. It's pretty sore though. Now that I'm home, I have my bandage off and am letting it air out. Hopefully it will start to scab up. I think I'll have my husband dig this little pebble out of my hand when he gets home. It's in my right hand (I'm right handed), so I don't really want to dig around with my left hand. He's an RN, so this kind of thing is right up his alley!

Sounds like you will get good care from DH then!! And I would not have tried to dig into my hand with my left hand either! :scared1: Hope you will continue to heal.

This board HATES me, it crashes and lags every time I find 3 seconds to post, so tonight I’m being smart and writing this in word, then cutting/pasting. Hah. Take that lag-monster!

Sorry that you have so much trouble! I like writing longer posts in word to just copy and paste them, especially for my trip reports. But it would be a hassle to have to do it for every post. Which browser do you use? Have you considered installing some ad blocker for your browser? This has really helped me and stopped a lot of the crashing that I had at home. At work we have the ad blocker automatically and I was always surprised why the DIS works there and not at home. I am not really happy about using it as I do appreciate the service the DIS offers and I know that the ads are what pays for the site. But if they cannot get the ads to work so that they don't do funky things, then I am not going to look at them. I don't really understand why the DIS has so many problems with faulty ads. It is the only website that I visit that has so many issues.

quick update -
I haven't been very good posting last few months, but I guess things are very repetitive at times in maintenance. I am going away to Spain for the weekend, in California June July and Bulgaria in August. Work is soooo busy all the time and I am doing some new training. All good but never have any spare time!

No big changes in my weight or ways of thinking/viewing eating and exercise. Hope you are all doing well!

Have a super happy and healthy day

Great to see you! And I understand that your motivation for popping in is less when you are just happy doing your thing and are successful at it!

What are you having? What do you enjoy making when you have the time?

Breakfast! Lately I've been making potatoes of some kind. Usually potatoes o'brien or just plain hash browns. I add in 3 egg whites and 2 pieces of center cut bacon. It's so easy to make ahead of time and so delicious, plus a good mix of macros first thing in the morning. I top it off with a bit of Cholula (delicious hot sauce). I eat that and a banana with pb most morning. Right after my workout I have a protein shake. So my days are pretty breakfast hefty because I work out most mornings. I love making pancakes from scratch. They're so delicious and warm and buttery. I don't make them very often though.

------

I'm still killing my workouts with consistency! I'm tired of WW again. It's just too restrictive. So I'm going to spend some time in maintenance mode, build my metabolism back up through reverse dieting, and then cut once my calories are at a more sustainable level. From what I can tell, my maintenance is about 1700 calories and I work out 5-6 times a week, lifting and cardio mixed. So if I tried to lose 1 pound a week I'd have to cut to 1200 calories. That's just ridiculous and I can't do that. And it's leading to binges on the weekend and during the week. I'm pretty to have a plan. I've been tracking calories since Sunday to figure out maintenance. I'm going to continue through the week, weighing myself on Thursday and then again on Saturday to make sure that I'm maintaining and not gaining/losing. Then slowly start increasing my calorie intake. We'll see how it goes! Makes me wonder why my goal for April will be. Maybe more water/less soda.

Lately when I've been drinking soda (I drink maybe 8oz a day so it's nothing major) I feel bloated, sugary, and feel like I've put this chemical in my body that just doesn't leave me feeling great. Crystal light is certainly cheaper and healthier so I think I'll focus on soda next month. Which will make me have to think about alcohol and what I use for mixers...

Which will make me have to think about alcohol and what I use for mixers...

What about trying to go more for wine instead of something that needs a mixer? A glass of a dry white wine is actually not too bad in calories.

Sounds like you have a good plan about what you want to acchieve. I totally agree that the amount of calories being cut out needs to be sustainable, otherwise you will not be able to get through it. Are you sure that maintenance is only 1700 kcal. Is that without the kcal that you earn from your exercise? If so, remember that cutting down to 1200 will give you more of a deficit than just 3500 per week. Yes, the kcal earned with sport are easily over estimated. But they do have an effect.

Oh, but belated woo-hoo, although the scale tends to yo-you based on what song is playing on the radio and the price of tea at Walmart, I am consistently weighing in below 200 every time, so that’s something.

Hahaha! Seriously though about the yo-yo - I hear ya! The way you put it made me laugh though!

I wanted to share something with you guys that I learned this week in my online class. If you want to figure out how much protein you should be consuming, take your weight in kilograms (google “lbs to kg" and a calculator will come up) and multiply that times 0.8grams, and that’s your lower range, then double that and that’s your upper range.

That's so interesting! Thank you for sharing!

quick update -
I haven't been very good posting last few months, but I guess things are very repetitive at times in maintenance. I am going away to Spain for the weekend, in California June July and Bulgaria in August. Work is soooo busy all the time and I am doing some new training. All good but never have any spare time!

No big changes in my weight or ways of thinking/viewing eating and exercise. Hope you are all doing well!

Have a super happy and healthy day

So glad you stopped by to check in! And wonderful to hear that you are doing well :-)

Breakfast! Lately I've been making potatoes of some kind. Usually potatoes o'brien or just plain hash browns. I add in 3 egg whites and 2 pieces of center cut bacon. It's so easy to make ahead of time and so delicious, plus a good mix of macros first thing in the morning. I top it off with a bit of Cholula (delicious hot sauce). I eat that and a banana with pb most morning. Right after my workout I have a protein shake. So my days are pretty breakfast hefty because I work out most mornings. I love making pancakes from scratch. They're so delicious and warm and buttery. I don't make them very often though.

OMG all of this sounds wonderful!

Which will make me have to think about alcohol and what I use for mixers...

This has been a struggle for me as well. I love gin and tonics and tonic water is out of control with the sugar! Recently I have been mixing with La Croix flavored sparkling waters (0 cals, 0 sugar, 0 sodium!) (Perrier makes a yummy lime flavor as well) and throw in a slice of fresh lime- yum! It's not quite like it used to be, but it works and its refreshing and I can fake myself into thinking its a soda like substance bc it has the bubbles. I bet it would be nice with vodka too.

Question of the Day - March 28

images

Alright, officers, we are sprinting for that finish line!
We only have 4 days left to make the most of March.

What are some things that you can do this week to help you get as close to your goal as possible?

QOTD: I've already mentioned that I'm starting an elimination diet Wednesday... I'm sure some weight will come off fairly quickly but the intention is to feel better by giving my body a break from the things I think are bothering it. The viewing of Embrace is Friday evening and I'll connect with the Nutritionist then, with the plan to get going on a 12 week session with her when I get back from Texas, hopefully a group session but one-on-one if she doesn't have any groups planned. I did get a much better night of sleep last night, which was badly needed... hopefully today will be a good day.

Been poking around looking at options to complete my June trip to the crafting retreat: hotels in Boston are so stinking expensive, plus I would need to add a rental car, so I'm balking a bit and thinking I might fly in to Manchester, the closest airport, a day or two early and either stay there or Concord and just explore a bit. The other option is to go for just the retreat, which will certainly be enough just on it's own.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

So, I just got a new computer at work. It is amazing!! The keybord is so much nicer, the mouse feels really great and the best part: I now have TWO 24 inch monitors. Don't ask me why I need two (well, we are supposed to go over to all electronic files and that is when it will be interesting. But so far it is really crazy). I need to find a nice picture for the background of the second one to have something nice to look at when it is empty - which is going to be most of the time. Or I should just switch it off... Anyway, it is quite awesome and the DIS is huge now on my screen. I am sure it is perfect for reading trip reports with plenty of lovely pictures... :cool:

I have 2 screens at work and love it. I have the picture of my daughter and myself from last week late I posted here. The before the accident picture. We are for the most paperless here and and the second screen is really great when doing data entry stuff.

This sounds really wonderful!! Do you think your DH would be willing to share his salsa recipe? Here in Germany it is really difficult to get salsa and then one you can buy is just not good at all. I have thought about making some a few times and just have no idea how.

We don't an exact recipe. Here is what I can tell you

Like 9 tomatoes, we use a complination of vine and beef steak ones (take the center stem piece out, boil until the skin starts to come off, Then put in an ice bath, then peel the skin off. It should pretty much just come off

About 1 large white onion

a few heads of fresh garlic

a few jalapeno peppers (do this to taste. Some are hotter then other and depends on how hot you want it) We take the seeds out but you don't have too.

Cilantro (we put a lot because I really like it but depends on your taste)

A drizzle of olive oil

Add some salt. Not a lot though. Just like a sprinkle.

Just chop everything and put in a tupperware bowl. You will want it to sit for about 24 hours for all the flavors blend together. I usually can't wait that long. yesterday I waited about 4 hours before I had some. It will be a little bit of trail and error to get the flavor the way you want it.

What are some things that you can do this week to help you get as close to your goal as possible?

I am getting out and walking and playing pokemon and trying to stay on point with eating. Also tons of cleaning in the house starting tomorrow.

I love gin and tonics and tonic water is out of control with the sugar! Recently I have been mixing with La Croix flavored sparkling waters (0 cals, 0 sugar, 0 sodium!) (Perrier makes a yummy lime flavor as well) and throw in a slice of fresh lime- yum!

Thanks for the tip! I'm a gin and tonic drinker all the way! Idk about you but I feel like I never find fellow gin lovers. Everyone always talks about how nasty they are. I hate drinking La Croix on its own but I could see it as a good tonic replacement so thank you for the tip! I'll totally try that out.

I was taken out to lunch today for work that I did and I got a salad, dressing on the side. It had grilled chicken, loads of veg, and only a little bit of cheese. Plus the dressing on the side allows me to dip my fork in the dressing and then pick up the salad which means less dressing consumed and a healthier lunch! Impromptu lunches during the week always stress me out. I just have to remember that it's not going to be my last meal.

I'm going to be going to St. Louis next week for business (again) so I'm already stressing out. Just have to keep it manageable. I have a larger goal that I'm content with working towards right now.

What is your favorite/spirit animal?

What about pets? Do you have any fur babies? Tell us about them!
Bonus points for cute pet pictures!

Get ready for a critter overload because here it comes.

Some of the barn cats that we thought we might be able to tame to be nice and friendly. Their mama who we call snake ( she hisses at anyone who goes near her) moved them and we are not even sure which ones they are now.

Our current Rabbits in their fancy new digs. On top is Simply Sinful though we call her Sauna Jump Jump. She is a pure bread Mini Lop and her coloring is Lilac Chinchilla and has a pedigree. She belongs to 9 year old.
On the bottom is Little John who is a pure bread tort dutch. He is disqualified from being shown in ARBA shows because the color comes past the elbow on one front leg. Little John belongs to 12 year old

Last edited:
I got in 15 minutes of walking outside today most of it walking over to my parents with 9 year old so she could plant her tomatoes. She did a little bit and than gave me and her Papa the look that said that stuff is dirty and I want no part of it.

Happy Wednesday everyone! I guess I will just go ahead and post my woohoo for the day before the question is up: I went for another morning run! Had three runs last week, two of them before week, the third one on Sunday. And this weeks seems to shape up well, too. Ran 4km. Still very slow. I lost so much of my fitness. But I am working on getting it back! I think I saw a 10k here in the area in June and I think I will research it and sign up for it to give me motivation to keep it up!

Eating is also going well. I don't know why and how, but I have managed to stop the late night snacking. I realised afterwards that the two worst days when I just could not stop was the day before I got a migraine and the day it started. I am wondering if there is some correlation there. I really ought to start a headache diary. Since I have a food diary anyway, I just need to add that. But somehow it seems so much work. I know, silly...

I never really formulated any goal for the month. But the weather is going to be amazing for the rest of the week, so I am going to make the most out of it and be active outside! I also feel that the sunshine really helps me with motivation and so I just need to soak it up as much as I can!

We don't an exact recipe. Here is what I can tell you

Like 9 tomatoes, we use a complination of vine and beef steak ones (take the center stem piece out, boil until the skin starts to come off, Then put in an ice bath, then peel the skin off. It should pretty much just come off

About 1 large white onion

a few heads of fresh garlic

a few jalapeno peppers (do this to taste. Some are hotter then other and depends on how hot you want it) We take the seeds out but you don't have too.

Cilantro (we put a lot because I really like it but depends on your taste)

A drizzle of olive oil

Add some salt. Not a lot though. Just like a sprinkle.

Just chop everything and put in a tupperware bowl. You will want it to sit for about 24 hours for all the flavors blend together. I usually can't wait that long. yesterday I waited about 4 hours before I had some. It will be a little bit of trail and error to get the flavor the way you want it.

Thanks! That sounds simple enough! I have to try this when I can get good tomatoes again (should be soon!! Can't wait!)

I'm a gin and tonic drinker all the way! Idk about you but I feel like I never find fellow gin lovers.

I love gin!! And I would drink it pure IF it is a good gin. Here in Germany there is actually quite a big gin scene right now, lots of local "craft gin distilleries" (like craft beer) around. My favourite bar even has a speciality gin menu and they suggest which special tonic to combine them with.

I am consistently weighing in below 200 every time, so that’s something.

^^^^ I think that is fantastic! I guess I don't know where you started, but it sounds like getting below 200, consistently, is a big deal. So, yeah for you!! That is where I am trying to get myself, and it will be a big deal (to me at least!) when it happens! :)

Thanks also for the tip about figuring out how much protein we should be getting. I'm certain I don't get enough, so I should focus a little on that.

I went for my walk/jog this morning. I'm still staying to right around 2 miles, but my overall time keeps getting faster, so that makes me happy. On Saturday I need to kick it up to 3 miles. Before I added the jogging element, I walked up to 6 miles on a regular basis, so the total miles isn't as big a deal as trying to jog any of them are. I am someone who used to have ridiculously strong legs and now feel they are what are holding me back. They get so weak the farther I go. I know it's because I'm at the beginning of my journey and am very out of shape and overweight, so I also know I will get stronger the longer I stick with it. I guess I'm just stating an observation at this point.

It's Wednesday! Yay! I hope everyone has a great day!

Thanks for the tip! I'm a gin and tonic drinker all the way! Idk about you but I feel like I never find fellow gin lovers. Everyone always talks about how nasty they are. I hate drinking La Croix on its own but I could see it as a good tonic replacement so thank you for the tip! I'll totally try that out.

I know right?! I hardly ever find fellow gin lovers either! What's going to get me is my love of gin mojitos in the summer.... so much sugar but absolutely blows rum mojitos out of the park IMO LOL!

Get ready for a critter overload because here it comes.

Some of the barn cats that we thought we might be able to tame to be nice and friendly. Their mama who we call snake ( she hisses at anyone who goes near her) moved them and we are not even sure which ones they are now.

Our current Rabbits in their fancy new digs. On top is Simply Sinful though we call her Sauna Jump Jump. She is a pure bread Mini Lop and her coloring is Lilac Chinchilla and has a pedigree. She belongs to 9 year old.
On the bottom is Little John who is a pure bread tort dutch. He is disqualified from being shown in ARBA shows because the color comes past the elbow on one front leg. Little John belongs to 12 year old

OMG! Cute overload!!! The bunnies are adorable!

Happy Wednesday everyone! I guess I will just go ahead and post my woohoo for the day before the question is up: I went for another morning run! Had three runs last week, two of them before week, the third one on Sunday. And this weeks seems to shape up well, too. Ran 4km. Still very slow. I lost so much of my fitness. But I am working on getting it back! I think I saw a 10k here in the area in June and I think I will research it and sign up for it to give me motivation to keep it up!

WOOHOO! That's awesome and I am mighty impressed that you're getting them in in the morning!

I love gin!! And I would drink it pure IF it is a good gin. Here in Germany there is actually quite a big gin scene right now, lots of local "craft gin distilleries" (like craft beer) around. My favourite bar even has a speciality gin menu and they suggest which special tonic to combine them with.

Yay! Another gin lover! That's neat that there's an emerging gin scene like that-- sounds yummy! And I am right there with you about good gin. Nothing starts off a nice meal like chilled pure Hendricks with a cucumber for me :love:

Woohoo Wednesday! - March 29

tumblr_o29aogb1xW1sj5h4oo1_r1_500.gif

:banana:What are you WooHoo-ing today?!:banana:

No celebration is too small! Non-Scale victories, Scale victories, whatever is making you smile right now!

I have been depressed ever since Sunday when my half marathon didn't go according to plan. I think it may also have something to do with pushing my body to near breaking point. But today I am going to Woohoo that I have the Dis to pull me out of it. Lots of people came on my training journal to offer encouragement and you guys have always been great at making me feel better too! So Woohoo for friends!!

I have been depressed ever since Sunday when my half marathon didn't go according to plan. I think it may also have something to do with pushing my body to near breaking point. But today I am going to Woohoo that I have the Dis to pull me out of it. Lots of people came on my training journal to offer encouragement and you guys have always been great at making me feel better too! So Woohoo for friends!!

:grouphug:

You have acchieved so much already! Don't let one bad day ruin it for you!! :thumbsup2

Today is gearing up to be a busy day. My calendar is blocked off from 9a-10a, 11a-3:30p :) Hopefully the appointments don't last as long as the time that's allotted but lordy moses, if it does it's going to be a long day. So I'm taking a few minutes to exercise my "me time" at work. Which is definitely this awesome board and reading all the responses.

My woohoo is that I woke up this morning feeling really really happy with myself. I had kinda an interesting book idea as I was falling asleep last night so I'm going to journal on that for a bit. Something goofy to pass the time. I've been exhausted this week and starving which means hormones (YAY). It's been putting a damper on my week because I haven't been motivated to do much outside of sleep. But I get to see my BFF on Friday and have Saturday and Sunday all to myself. So catching up on some much needed me time before my trip next week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts