Well, I did it. Completed my first solo trip.

I really like the refurbished rooms!
Same here! Many were complaining that its not enough "disney" or that its "cold" and not inviting. I absolutely love it. So modern and clean. I love that you have the option of pulling the bed down or keeping it up. Its more spacious with the bed up (if you dont need it of course). :)

Same here! Many were complaining that its not enough "disney" or that its "cold" and not inviting. I absolutely love it. So modern and clean. I love that you have the option of pulling the bed down or keeping it up. Its more spacious with the bed up (if you dont need it of course). :)
I didn't pull the bed down until the morning I left, just to see what it was like, and was surprised to see Pluto was hiding in there the whole time. 😀

DH informed me that now that my boys are grown there will be no more trips to Disney for him!! So it looks like I will be going Solo, you have given me hope that I will enjoy it!!

I've been reading this thread to DH. We went as a family last summer, then I finished out my AP year with several solo trips. He just suggested that I start a 'Disney Widows' support group. :rotfl2:

ENVIOUS of your solo trip.

There was a thread somewhere else about Disney secrets or something - Disney confessions or whatever. Stuff about Disney you feel somewhat embarrassed about.

OK - this one is mine. I dream of spending at least a few days at WDW all by myself.

I'm married for over 40 years - we've gone many times with our 3 children - now all grown. Then one with them all over 21 with significant others. . And last year with 2 of our grandchildren. We're planning another one for next year, and yet another likely for a milestone wedding anniversary 6 years from now.

Seeing Disney through the eyes of the grandchildren last year was unforgettable. As it will be again (and again and...)

But my secret wish is to experience it by myself. Won't likely ever happen - but I can CERTAINLY see the advantage of something like this and APPLAUD LOUDLY those who do it!

Well done!!

ENVIOUS of your solo trip.

There was a thread somewhere else about Disney secrets or something - Disney confessions or whatever. Stuff about Disney you feel somewhat embarrassed about.

OK - this one is mine. I dream of spending at least a few days at WDW all by myself.

I'm married for over 40 years - we've gone many times with our 3 children - now all grown. Then one with them all over 21 with significant others. . And last year with 2 of our grandchildren. We're planning another one for next year, and yet another likely for a milestone wedding anniversary 6 years from now.

Seeing Disney through the eyes of the grandchildren last year was unforgettable. As it will be again (and again and...)

But my secret wish is to experience it by myself. Won't likely ever happen - but I can CERTAINLY see the advantage of something like this and APPLAUD LOUDLY those who do it!

Well done!!
Maybe you could get down there a few days ahead of everyone on a future trip?

i will say my mom would give anything to experience Disney through the eyes of her grandchildren. Unfortunately her health makes that unlikely.

Love that you had an amazing solo trip, Figment Mom. We usually take my Mom, who needs a lot of help, with us on our trip and just take it slow. And las summer I had an amazing trip with my daughter and granddaughter their first WDW vacation. It was amazing.
But I do look forward to a solo trip, maybe for my birthday next year. I do DL solo frequently, when DH gives in and doesn't beg to come along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter