Well, I did it....

makinorlando

When you're curious, you find lots of interesting
I just ordered the Canon S2 IS.....when I read that it had 12x zoom I had to have it!!! Thanks Dan Murphy for you stellar reviews!

I got a really great package from Broadway Photo (www.bwayphoto.com) - Three Filters, chargers (rapid charger and my favorite... car charger), extra set of rechargeable batteries, high speed memory card, high speed memory card reader, flash drive, case, tripod, lens cleaning kit, 5 year warranty, LCD screen covers and overnight delivery(charged me for 3 day, but sending it overnight so I have it for the weekend!) for $799.00. When I add the things that I could remember that are part of the "package" up al a carte, it comes to over $1100!

I am so excited!!!

:thanks:

:surfweb: has gotten me in trouble again.... the internet is not a good thing for those of us who make impulse buys... right from the comfort of my own sofa!!! It's times like this that I wish there was a SO around to talk me down from the high!!!

Oh well, I deserve it - it's an early :bday: present for me (that and a night at the Beach Club next weekend for DD and I!)

I had Canon 35mm, but have never had a Canon Digital - always had HP and have been happy with them, and still love my 5MP R707, but just had to have this one too with the awesome ZOOM!!!!

I will still carry the R707 with me in my purse..... for those times when I need to grab a camera quick.

This is becoming my hobby, so I figured I deserved something a little more "professional". I think since Thanksgiving I have taken close to 500 pics..... and that's just in and around Disney and my home - we haven't been out of Central Florida!

Woo hoo!! Congrats on the new purchase! I can't wait to see some of your pics. :)

My S2-IS arrived - boy do have some reading to do!!! It is a great feeling camera. The weather in Orlando tonight is icky, so there is nothing inspiring to photograph. The dogs are getting tired of me snapping pictures of them!!! I want to experiment with it before we go to AK on Sunday!

Thanks for posting the site. I'm thinking of getting this very same camera. Did you like the service?

I couldn't find a 'package' on the site, just suggested accessories. Was it available for only a short time, or did I just not see it?

For those who use this camera, which accessories are the 'must haves'?

Congratulations!! I got this camera for Christmas and I LOVE it!!!! I have been just playing around with it since I got it, but on Thursday night I took it to a Bon Jovi concert in DC....was I impressed!!!! The zoom is incredible!! We were further away than we usually are for concerts so I wasn't expecting much in the way of pictures, but that 12X zoom is awesome!!! just make sure when you zoom that far to be well anchored. I used the viewfinder instead of the screen and braced myself against the seatback in front of me and the pictures were very clear....I can't wait to get back to the 2nd row this summer....The closeups will be to die for!!! Taking it to Disney in May and should be able to capture some truly special pictures!!!!

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Califgirl said:
Thanks for posting the site. I'm thinking of getting this very same camera. Did you like the service?

I couldn't find a 'package' on the site, just suggested accessories. Was it available for only a short time, or did I just not see it?

For those who use this camera, which accessories are the 'must haves'?

The package I think was something they had in a catalog, the salesperson (who was awesome) suggested it after he was making suggestions on things he thought I might want to add. I was happy with his service while on the phone with him, he explained many things (more than I could actually remember!) and the camera came when it was promised! He even cut me a break on the overnight shipping charges, and charged me only for 3 day!

A couple of the things that were included I would not have thought of myself, in particular a USB card reader for the memory card - I have always either plugged the USB cord into the computer, or taken the card out and input into my printer. I find the card reader easier to use, as the camera does not have to be attached to the computer. The re-chargeable batteries came with a charger and an adapter that it can be charged in the car. I like this option, as sometimes on my way out the door I realize that I don't have the batteries charged and I don't always have extra AA batteries around!

Califgirl said:
.....I couldn't find a 'package' on the site.....
One thing, regarding costs. Oftentimes, the online sites will make a lot of profit from the 'packages', higher costs, unnecessary items. Price what you really need at places like www.buy.com, www.ecost.com, www.amazon.com, www.newegg.com.

The must haves for me were a battery charger and batteries. I purchased from here, this charger http://www.thomas-distributing.com/la_crosse_bc-900_battery_charger.php (excellent) and these batteries http://www.thomas-distributing.com/energizer-aa-nimh-rechargeable-batteries.htm

http://www.steves-digicams.com/nimh_batteries.html

I just got mine today as well. The kids are getting sick of having their picture taken already :)

Chelley00 said:
I just got mine today as well. The kids are getting sick of having their picture taken already :)

:rotfl: I warned Tara when we went to AK on Sunday that she would cooperate with me and let me take whatever pictures I wanted! The animals are starting to run from the camera too!

I was sitting in the car waiting for my DD at her school yesterday taking pictures of cars driving by, the bark on the tree, the chain linked fence.... whatever I could get in the view finder!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter