"We'll see if we can make some magic happen"

Music City Mama

DIS Veteran
This is my first time posting, so bear with me, please!

So, I finally booked our trip yesterday for late June 2010 (I couldn't wait on some elusive PIN that I'll probably never get -- ordered the DVD a few months ago, have been playing with the Disney website saving/deleting vacation offers for a couple of months, chatted online with CM a time or two, have taken surveys on the site, etc.)

The CM asked me if I've ever stayed at a WDW resort before and I told her I've stayed at two moderates (the most recent one being 10 years ago -- that was my last trip there), but we're booking a value because financially I can't pull anything else off -- given that the gift card promotion expires in early June, that I've heard about these PINs but I've never gotten one, etc. Well, she said, "Well, let's see if we can make some magic happen for you. I can't make any promises, but a lot of times we can make magic happen!" Needless to say, I thought by the end of my call she'd be telling me I had some PIN or something -- but never another word about it.

Has anyone else been told this, and, if so, did they wind up getting a PIN later either by email or snail mail? I just feel like she got my hopes up and then shattered them. LOL Just wondering if it's standard for them to say this kind of thing while making your reservation by phone?

TIA!

That's sort of how my pin/upgrade happened. The CM told me she would make sure the marketing department knew about me. The next day, I got the pin.

That's how it may have happened to me. I was chatting online with a cm (popped up while I was quoting vacations). At the end of our conversation she said "We'll see ya real soon!"... 2 days later I got the email! Not sure if one had anything to do with the other...but it is an iteresting theory. :idea:

I do think it's random for the most part. For example, one time when I was speaking with a CM online, we talked about PINs and they offered suggestions to maybe get one (i.e., create an account on the site, etc.) -- but wouldn't they have known I already had an account as I was logged in during our chat? Then I realized they probably have no clue because I have had the CM chat pop up before when I haven't even been logged in (and cookies cleared) and just clicked "no thanks". They did seem to indicate that it's based on internal marketing efforts -- so who knows what they're doing at any given time re: their marketing.

I've resigned myself to the fact that I won't get a PIN before June, but it just struck me as odd about her saying if she could magic happen comments (as if she had some kind of say/control, you kwim?).

Oh well.

Keep the faith, Music City Mama! You might get that Pin real soon...especially given the luck some others are having.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter