Welsh Members

My heart just melted! May I steal that for Facebook?
Of course. My local Vicar posted it on the Church Facebook page. It made me smile.... but I also thought, how long before God gets a warning from Powys police? 😉.

Hello all.

I'm not Welsh, but do live in Wales; just over the border near Chester!

Hello - I'm from Mold/Mynydd Isa originally (now live in Llanberis), I guess you're in that region, or Queensferry, Saltney etc. In fact, a little secret, I was actually born in the Countess of Chester hospital as it was the closest maternity unit, but obviously I'm Welsh through and through!

Did you manage to complete your trip? Are you safely back?
Hi have just seen your message .we returned home 4 days early it was a night mare and had to fly delta to new york then ba to gatwick.no virgin flights.
We felt very luck to get home and to of done all the things we wanted .now waiting to see if we can go in October taking our 3 yea old grand son for the first time .

Hi have just seen your message .we returned home 4 days early it was a night mare and had to fly delta to new york then ba to gatwick.no virgin flights.
We felt very luck to get home and to of done all the things we wanted .now waiting to see if we can go in October taking our 3 yea old grand son for the first time .
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your trip and sorry that it was shortened. I hope that you have a fabulous trip with your grandson. He is the perfect age for Disney.

Welcome. When are you planning/ hoping to visit? We may be locked down in Wales forever!😂

it feels that way doesn’t it 😂.

We are DVC members so we were originally in August this year, we cancelled, we have 5 nights at Newport Bay Club at DLP booked for March/April, as a sort of test run.

We also have rescheduled our 3 night disney cruise to August 13th, 2021, we will come straight off of the cruise into 2 weeks at WDW then.

Hoping by then that things would have calmed down enough to enjoy ourselves properly (and get the DDP back!)

Thinking of doing DLP as I haven't been there in many years. A couple of days at Sequoia would do me. Still flaming expensive mind you.

it really is, was thinking about getting an annual pass for the year after. (Cheapest one €147) and then staying offsite as the blackout dates with that one doesn’t bother me anyway.

This thread pops up when I look at "New Threads", I've wanted to ask a question, but didn't want to intrude. But, I decided to risk it (feel free to shut out the interloper).

Who decided when Wales competes/participates as itself and when it competes/participates as part of Great Britain or the UK? In the Olympics and at the UN, for example, all the countries compete together; whereas, at the World Cup (football and rugby), you compete separately.

And, for that matter, why, in the Olympics is it Team GB, when it includes athletes from Northern Ireland? Shouldn't it be team UK?

As I said, feel free to ignore, but I've often wondered.

For full disclosure - I'm Canadian (but live in Europe) and loved my few visits to Wales.

This thread pops up when I look at "New Threads", I've wanted to ask a question, but didn't want to intrude. But, I decided to risk it (feel free to shut out the interloper).

Who decided when Wales competes/participates as itself and when it competes/participates as part of Great Britain or the UK? In the Olympics and at the UN, for example, all the countries compete together; whereas, at the World Cup (football and rugby), you compete separately.

And, for that matter, why, in the Olympics is it Team GB, when it includes athletes from Northern Ireland? Shouldn't it be team UK?

As I said, feel free to ignore, but I've often wondered.

For full disclosure - I'm Canadian (but live in Europe) and loved my few visits to Wales.
Very good question ..... but I don’t know the answer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter