• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Were Celebrating Family!!! My 1st PTR 50 Days and Counting!

MyVirtueAidan

Mouseketeer
Yayyy!!! My 1st ever Pre-Trip Report!!!

Im Valeen 26 from Rhode Island... Mommy to 2 beautiful kiddies and soon to be Wife "offically" to my other half Mark!

I've been to the World more times than I can remember... I was always taken as a child almost yearly... Untill I reached the age where I was old enough to say "I dont want to go back to Disney" Ohhh Boy... If I only knew!!! :worship:

Now that I have a family of my own I've really come to fall in love with place! :love: This will be my 2nd trip traveling with my own family... DS Aidan is 6 and the self proclaimed Princess Nevaeh who is 3... Aidans 3rd trip and Baehs 2nd... But this trip will be diffrent... This is basicaly our 1st trip traveling alone... Normally when we vacation were deep... At least 8+ normally... So that alone will be a huge change... Im use to having soo many other family members around... But I think it'll be good cause we'll be on our own time... Im sorry the Hubbys time!!! LOL With things like our 1st viewing of Fantasmic, A trip to the Bibbidi Bobbi Botique, TRex and a Possible Wishes Fireworks Cruise Im beyond excited!!! More then the kids if you cant tell!!!

This trip means a lot to my family cause we'll actually be meeting up with Marks younger brother... They haven't seen eachother in about 15 years... Their mom had moved when the boys were younger and they were basically seperated...

Just after this past Christmas their mom had passed away and the family came together again slowly... Sadly Mark couldn't bring himself to the funeral cause had a lot of issues with his mom... His brother actually lives outside of Orlando and him and his new wife have APs so they'll be meeting us there... So we will be with family... This will be our 1st time meeting them and to have the kiddies there make it soo much more...

Ok so were off... Im exactly 50 sleeps away :woohoo: and you know doing the Disney Planning, Sleep Depriving, Pod Cast Listing, DIS Boarding daily regiments... Crazy too cause I just got hooked on the PodCast... Aww... If I only had an IPod!!! I would be soo caught up by now!!! But Im soo ready for a Vacation... Im soo ready just for some much needed family time away with the mouse... This trip I have ton planned for the family and Im really just looking forward to this...

I'll tell ya the basics! We'll be staying at All Star Sports... This will be our 1st time there... Were staying at a preferred room im assuming in Surfs Up... Hopefully away from the Pool but close to the food court and busses! I'll actually be decorating our window too... It's something I always remember seeing when I stayed at other Value Resorts and it really just looked like it was something fun for me to do with the kids! Got a heads up about the Mickey Color Swatches from Home Depot! Thank You Fellow DISers!!! I'll be sure to post plenty of pics when were done. We'll be staying for 7 Nights on the MYW w/ Park Hoppers!

Were also on the Dining Plan so Im sure I'll have plenty to ramble on about that! But this will be my 3rd time on the plan and I think I finally got it!!! So we'll really see if get my $$$'s worth.

We'll Im doin it again... It's past 1am and I still have Mickey on the brain and a Lil girl that needs to be taken to dance class in the Morning!

See Ya Real Soon!!!

Okay, I am in for the long haul! Can't wait to read your report and your post trip report too!! popcorn:: I saw you were going to see Fantasmic for the first time, I loved it but my little piece of advice....get the Fantasmic dinner package, I went with and without last year, due to I could not get a DR and the wait in line was awful and the shoving once the gates opened was also awful, someone actually elbowed my 3yo GD pushing past her..:headache: The dining package was so worth it and the entrance was glitch free. Enjoy!!

I actually just found out today that were able to do the fantasmic dinner package with the DDP... For some reason I always thought that the package had to be paid OOP... But the day we'll be seeing Fantasic is the day of our Sci Fi ADR and I can't bare to lose it... I already told the hubby that me seeing the Disney Villians is #1 on my list... I have no problem waiting in that long line just to ensure that we have seats... It almost looks like we picked a terrible night for Fantasic cause it falls on the evening EMH not to mention the start of Star Wars Weekends... I tried to stay out of HS on the weekends but it's not gonna happen! Well maybe they'll decided to add a later show... If not you can find Nevaeh and I waiting patiently in line with bubbles!!!

The pushing of a 3 year old is completley uncalled for... I really don't know what I would do if that ever happend to my lil girly... Thank goodness your GD was OK... Do you happen to know if your able to bring strollers in the Fantasmic lines? Not that I would be bringing my super duper big stroller but It would definately make things soo much easier Nevaeh and if I was able to keep it with me...

i can't wait to see fantasmic either it'll be my first time as well but i did the dinner package maybe you can get the dining package and eat at sci fi for lunch or probably dinner cause the dinner packages are usually early like lunch time

So it's Sunday!!! Yayyy!!! Im another week closer to Mickey and it really is flyin by!

Luckily I was able to semi sleep in this morning so I definately had a late start to my day off... After breakfast 1st thing I do is check DISBoards and there was an update about the "Decorated Resort Windows" thread... Looks like new Disney window clings are out for the Easter Holiday! Super Exciting Right?!?!? So my day was offically started with a trip to the Dollar Tree with the baby... I don't know about your Dollar Trees but mine is quite dirty... I do retail and I know a dirty store when I see one... Crap was everywhere the store wasn't even shopable! Luckily after we walking aroud for a solid 20 mins I found them!!! Yayyy!!! They'll be perfect... I was able to get Cars, Princess and the Frog, and the Disney Fairies!!! Sweet Right... :banana: and they were exactly as decribed... The only thing holiday about them were the Easter Egg cligs that were not even attached to the characters and there was only like 2... So thank you DISers!!!

Next I was able to sell the Hubby on a trip to Home Depot... Oh boy do I hate home depot too... It must just be the smell, the abundance of scruffy looking men, and the endless isles of things that I have no knowledge of what so ever... But what I can tell you about Home Depot is that they have Mickey shaped color swatches in their paint isle that would make an awesome banner in our decorated AllStarSports Window!!! When I got there I almost couldn't beleive it... Then my mind started goin crazy... Thinking colors... Need Red, Black, Yellow, Lime Green (for the DISers) then some to cordinate with the colors of the window clings that I picked up earlier... As Im picking out the ones I wanted, it was almost as if I started feeling guilty... Like I was doing something wrong for using their color paint swatches for my Decorated Disney window... So my "Jiminey Cricket" insisted that I leave so I was off... Got lost looking for my hubby... Strolled around again and found myself back at the same Mickey Paint Swatches!!! Ohh Well... I forgot a White ones so I had to go back... Hubby finds me with like 10 in my hand looking at me like I was nutz wondering what Im gonna do with these lil Mickey Heads!!! LOL!!! :laughing:

Now the fun part begins...Sometime this week I'll start to make our window decorations with the kids... I got a lot of really neat pictures made from really talented people from the DISign Threads... Think maybe this week I'll have to stop by a craft store for some ribbon and other supplies that may be needed...

But some Disney Magic really did happen for us today, my overly talkative daughter found the need to basicly announce to anyone that would listen that we were goin to Disney World... It's too cute... She soo gets it from her MaMa!!! :woohoo: Were waiting in line to pay and another customer in front of us has 2 Disney themed suitcases... Nevaeh starts talking to her telling her about her Ariel Suitcase that shes takin with her to Disney but it's not packed yet!!! Too Funny... Come to find out she was actually purchasing those suitcases for her own grandchildren that were also off to the World some time this June!!! In my head im thinking HaHaHa!!! Im goin sooner then you!!! I know Im soo badd!!! So we tell her that we'll tell Mickey she said hello and were off... Then were standing in the middle of Casual Male and the kids were playing together while daddy did some shoping... It was the cutest thing ever... There he was... I hear Aidan coaching Nevaeh on how to politely ask for an autograph... And just to hear her pretend ask Mickey for an autograph really made my heart stop for a minute and I took a second to really think about how lucky I really am... Just to beable to spend that time with my family, share some of that Disney Pixie Dust with them and really just get away from the real world is something that I am soo looking forward to!!! So untill later!!!

See Ya Real Soon!!! (Anytime I say that I always think of the people with the Mickey gloves that wave goodbye to you at park closing!!!)

Sooo Lovveee It!!!

1st... My Badd Stacie!!! LOL

Soo 37 days and counting and soo much has went on in the past 10 days... Your gonna wish you didn't remind me!!!

Soo apparently RI made National Headlines with this recent Flood!!! :scared1: Crazy Right!!! Luckily my family and I were all fine and we were not affected but with RI being soo small you litteraly know dozens of people who wernt soo lucky... My heart goes to all of those who had lost all of their personal belongings... :sad2: All of my suitcases are all in my basment practically packed and I really cant describe the feeling of loosing all our stuff... LOL not to mention all the really important things that are normally stored in a basement (Washer/Dryer, Water Heaters) that'll cost a ton to replace not to mention any personal belongings soo ya that was a huge bummer... It was like 4 days of straight rain... Nasty Rain... The only way I know how to describe it is Disney Summer Rain Storm, Heavy Huge Raindrops falling all the time... Then switching to normal rain... Then DownPour!!! It was Crazy!!!!

Now to my current obsession!!! :yay:

I've just come accept that I can't get a Fantasmic Dinner Package ADR so I let that one go... I'll try when we get to the park but I have soo much other stuff to worry about so I've moved on... Super Saddd but Fantasmic is showing 2 diffrent nights and looks like if Im unable to make one I should be able to make the other later on in the week!

Still waiting on the call from AAA about my tickets being in for Pick UP!!! Every morning I wake up thinking today could be the day! I only work down the street from them and I have a few words for my AAA chick so I'll be there ASAP!!! Anyone who's not a FB Friend of mine has no Idea that AAA Screwed up Royaly and lost 3 of my ADRs!!! It was a Terrible Week seriously!!! I confrimation numbers for all but nothing pulled up a Name or Rest. This was a total shocker to me cause not only was this chick never in but I was less then 43 days away with 3 ADRs straight up lost!!:sad1:

We lost Mama Melrose lunch, TRex, and Chef Mickeys!!!

Was on the phone with Disney the entire time of my lunch break at work tryin to see what I could do cause not much was available...

Long story short I had to change days and Was able to rebook all of them... Now I have Mama's for Dinner, and at Chef Mickeys another dinner ADR so Im happy... Disney had nothing for TRex... I called 3 days in a row and then me lurking on here I found out basicaly Disney only has soo many ADRs for TRex so if you call them directly you'll have a better chance of getting a table! Soo I made it happened... Looked up their direct # from my UnOffical Guide and called them... Before 9am... I realize the time thinking that they might not be in yet and there they were... I got an earlier ADR!!! Cause that'll be our last night there and I would like to schedule some shopping time at DTD!!! Sssshhhh... Don't tell the hubby... :rolleyes1

Now back to the AAA Chick!!! When you book through AAA you get access special parade viewing for the afternoon parade and Story time with Belle at Norway!!! I've used the story time and loved it... There were only like 10 kids there and we had Aladdin read us his story... I can't tell you how happy Aidan was cause he was all Princessed Out and it was a change cause our lil Princess was only 1 at the time!!! Aladdin was awesome not to mention Super Cute!!! So yes I was entertained... But Reservations are needed and must be made 180 days in advance just like everything else in Disney!!! Sooo Yaaa I missed that MEMO also... But apparently this is something that she was supposed to book for us the day our trip was paid in full!!! Soo We missed that one... I decided to suck it up call back and see what they have available!! I was able to catch the Story Time with Belle but it fell on a day something else was goin on but because of the ADR swaps I was able to actually make everything almost semi work!!! :woohoo: So now on our Girls Day Nevaeh, Myself, and Kasia will be read a story from Belle at 10am which is awesome cause we can get into World Showcase super early then just at 10:55 we have an ADR for a late Breakfast with the Princeses!!! :lovestruc So that should be exciting!!!

The parade was only available on the Wednesday... Which is a day where there are EMHs at Ak and we have an ADR at Boma which is semi awesome... I remember I didn't really care to much for the food but it was the only place the Hubby insisted on eating so I just made it happened... I booked the Parade showing anyways just Incase we actually have AK done super early if the boys are feeling up to it they can hop over to MK to see the parade... That would basicaly be our 4th visit to MK that trip so Im sure one of those visits we'll catch that parade some time! Cause its not that serious!!! But I'll cancell in advace so someone else can take advantage of it!

Easter was just this past Sunday and after all that rain it was beautiful outside... The kiddies got a new Pirate Water Table so now Nevaeh is marching around singing "A Pirates Life for Me"... Its soo cute!!! This year was the 1st year the Easter Bunny didn't hide any Disney Dollars in the Eggs for the Easter Egg Hunt... Sadd... I didn't even think they would notice but this year Aidan said at bedtime that he thinks they must have ran out this year!!!

So thats basicaly whats ben goin on in the last 10 days... Flash Floods! :scared1: Missing ADRs :sad2: and the Easter Bunny! :confused3 Welcome to my Life!!!

Ohh and the Freakish RI Weather... Today will reach 85!!! Too bad im leaving for work now!!! Until later!!!

See Ya Real Soon!!!

OK I soo need to start sleeping right so I'll be good this trip!!! But Anywayzz!!!

Just soo many things goin through my mind now... Im basicaly about a month away and should really get a move on things... I should start getting the kiddies offically packed this way anything that im missing I could actually make a list and grab! I know I need to buy the basics... Sunscreen, Bug Repellent... Ahhhh:headache: Im goin crazy... Ohhh I soo need a vacation!!!

So now with the trip being soo close I need to get to it... Yayyyy!!! Its finally time to offically pack!!! I've been putting things aside for the past 4 months and this is how I made out soo far!

9isi03.jpg

Notice how it's all stuff for the kiddies!!! Cause the Cinderella and Tink costumes were all needed! Cant forget the wings too... Im finally feeling better with all the planning. Everything is looking good... ADRs all updated! Added the Story Time w/ Belle for the morning of our Princess Breakfast... Nevaeh loves books so I know she'll enjoy this one... I love the AAA story readings! There is only like 10 kids there and it's always soo nice to just relax and listen to a story once in a while and the character interaction is awesome... Last trip we actually had Aladdin read us his story... It was such a treat cause my son was all princessed out at the time so I think he liked it the best... This is actually the pic from our Story Reading in 08!

28qu2ht.jpg

It was a good time and if you ever have the chance it is a must Do!!!

Im feeling good this morning!!! Im trying to sleep at night like normal people but my planning has taken over my brain... I hop in bed at 9pm and then I look at the clock and its magicaly 2am!!! Crazy right!!! I soo need to start sleeping or I wont make it!! There is just soo much goin on and I still have millions of questions...

Still waiting on our Disney Packet... Hopefully we'll get the call from AAA sometime this week for me to pick up everthing... Yesterday we got a Celebration package in the mail... I rip it quick thinking that it was something for this trip but it turned out to be for a trip that I had called and got a quote for! That alone just made my day! I haven't told the hubby yet but I feel that we need to go atleast once more before the Fantasy Land Expansion so as of now Im hoping for the best... He knows I want to go and now with family out there it just might happen! But off to the real world I go... Finally figured out how to add pics so there will me much more to come...

See Ya Real Soon!!!

i can't believe how little aidan and neveah are in that picture lol oh aladdin i love him i'm having trouble sleeping at night cause i'm soooo excited i have a countdown on my whiteboard at work and my boss makes fun of me i have mickey ears for the a in days lol 17 more to go for me! 7 more days and i can check in online omg!

Wow!!! Everything is finally comming together and I couldn't be happier! AAA called a few days ago and ofcourse I dashed over there to pick up our vacation packet! In the packet came a bunch of goodies! Some of the things we got were:

Our Bag Tags
Photo Pass Card? Already Registered it for the Discount Savings!
100 points at our Resort Arcade
Fishing/Mini Golf Offer
Spa Discount
AAA Special Parade Viewing... This was a Joke! No space available!
$15 Planet Hollywood Voucher
AAA Story Time Experience! Had to switch a ADR for this one
Diamond Parking Pass
Diamond Discount Card! Which has a ton of useful discounts...

So yess Im Super Happy! And we actually have 2 DME Tags per person! Sweet Right! Looks like I won't have to ship anything in advace to the resort!:cool1:

With the trip being soo close ofcourse there are a few things that still need to be picked up... So today we had to stop by the Mall today and grab the kiddies a few more things for the trip! As I said before Im really ready to start packing! But as soon as I grab the lil girlie either a Silver or White pair of sandals It's on!!!

Soo something big happened today too! :yay:

I just booked a Wishes FireWorks Cruise!!! Super Excited!!! They even had a boat with audio still free so Duhhhh I had to get it... It was like $40 more but it'll be worth it... Our last trip the hubby had surprised me with a Cruise for the 2 of us! On the Cruise we got to see Electrical Water Parade! That alone made the trip... I've only seen it on TV when I was much younger so for me to see in person like 15 yards away was the best! The hubby loved it and then at that moment I remember hearing him say numerous times that he wished the kids were there... So you got your wish!!! We'll actually be eating at ChefMickeys for dinner that same night so it actually worked out perfectly cause they are actually gonna pick us up from there... For some reason I was thinking that it was only available at certain resorts but when I spoke to the CM he was like "where would you like to set sail from?" Ummm I can choose? But when you think about it, the amount that it cost you should be able to choose... Hey they should even pick us up at Sports but LOL that would be asking too much! Must rememer to pack the kiddies a nice sweat suit cause I was freezing last time and there were these water bugs all over that were dining on my ankels! So lesson learned I'll be in jeans and a comfy lite coat! Now another thing comes to mind! I remember seeing fire flies for the 1st time that cruise with the hubz!!! But if you can't tell im "Super Excited"

So even though were 26 days ago Im still changing ADRs... Soo far soo good to! I just found out that Handy Manny will be replacing JoJo and Goliath from Play and Dine (Hollywood and Vine)! It's about time... We went there in 08 and got to eat with them but JoJo's Circus was not even on!!! Aidan was like who's the clown with Lion!!! :laughing: But the Little Einsteins were there! They were the main reason why we went! But now with Handy Manny being there Ofcouse I had to change another ADR... I didn't mind it but the Hubby didn't like the food at all... But it's not about us it's about the kiddies! I'll do what ever it take to make them happy and if it's another so/so meal at Play and Dine I'll do it for the smiles on my babies faces! Here are actually some pics of our last visit!

sxod4o.jpg

My Girlie was 1 here... She still thinks she too cool for everyone!

f50cpf.jpg

My Handsome Aidan! The hubby is also in the background too! LOL

28bz9g8.jpg

Thats me and the kiddos... Too bad Goliath was all up in my personal space cause it would have been a pretty good pic! LOL

Trying to switch to Play and Dine was nutz! Yesterday the entire ADR system was down and I wasted my entire lunch break on the phone for nothing... So what do I do... 1st thing this morning I get on the phone and YES again I made it happen!!! So we'll be eating with Handy Manny and the kiddies couldn't be happier... But not my DD feels the need to tell me she'll be needing a Handy Manny Dress!!! LOL... Ok little girl! Its super late and I soo have to start sleeping... It's just that Im too Excited to Sleep!! Sooo...

Well now it's time to say goodbye to all our company....
M I C (See ya real soon) K E Y (Why, beacause we like you)
M O U S E !!!!

Yayyy Im goin to Disney!!!!

"Im soo Excited, I can't Sleep!"

Ummm Yaaa thats me everynight... Seems like time is dragging... Today was one of those days at Work where I felt like not comming back after my break.. How I dream to just drive to TFGreen and hop on the next flight to MCO... Im sure I can find tons to do before our Offical Check In Date!

But Yaaa Im due for a VACATION!!!

My daughter had a melt down this morning too... She didn't want to go to school, her grandparents house, or her friends... When I ask her were she wanted to go she says... "Mommy I just want to go to Disney World" Ohh yess that is my daughter!! But yaa im soo there... We still have lots to do...

So tomorrow is my day off... Im thinking I should spend the day shoping picking up things of the massive list that has been complied... Everyday it seems like I keep adding to the list... But need to get Disposable Bibs and Swimming Pants for my lil girlie!!!

What hapened to my Day 25 post??? It was a long one too...

Well I said Im gonna try to sleep tonight but you know how that goes!

See Ya Real Soon!!!

I can't beleive it's almost here!!! Yessir... Me and the Mouse!!!

Alot goin on in this household... Between Dance, AABall, Disney Planning, and my Family I've been a busy girl!!! So were 21 days away from being in the happiest place on earth and Im still finding out new things everyday to make my trip better!!!

1st May hours have been updated!!! Yayyy Right!!! HS will be open a hour later but the better news is that they've added a second Fantasmic!!!!! Yayyy Anyone who's read my previous post will notice that I didn't do enough research at 1st and didn't know that I could actually use the Fantasmic Dinner Package along with the Dining Plan... Huge Bummer... But now with the second show I'll soo be able to see it!!! If only I don't have a cranky lil princess cause It'll be late and she may want to be sleeping in our room... I should definately plan a trip back to our room mid day for a nap!!!

2nd is that the "Up" Characters will be leaving HS... Never had the chance to meet them but oh well... They've been traded for that bear from Toy Story 3!!!! Ummm Yaaa!!! I'm all for that... I mean the kiddies may have no idea who he is but Im all for seeing something new! Seeing characters is MAJOR on our list cause of the Kiddies and I don't mind at all taking time for this... We actually added an extra Character Meal for the chance to dine with Handy Manny!

Well were almost there!!!

i'm pretty upset about the up charcters i really want to see them i didn't plan on going to a park on my first day there but i may have to try plus fantasmic is showing 2 times on the 1st so i think i might have to do that

So, I normally work on Monday but I actually got to have it as a day off!!! So what do I spend it doin??? SHOPING Ofcourse!!!! Picked Up a lot of last minute things...

Picked up Retractable Sharpies for Autographs
White Photo Matts for Autographs
More Baggies
Tanks for my Son
and some much needed summer clothes for Myself!!!!

Stoped by the Bank and grabed our Travelers Checks and Some Spending $$$... The last few days before we leave I wanna spend it cleanning and making sure were 100% Packed... Myself Included!!!

I keep forgetting the most important thing though... SUNBLOCK!!!!

We don't burn but you can never be to sure of then sun so it is a MUST!

I also just Pre Paid our Photo Pass CD to... I use the link that I found for $99! Now I guess I'll be the crazy lady in the Park stalking Photo Pass Guys!!! Im just tryin to get my $$$'s worth ya know!!! Well I just had to announce a few things... Back to cleaning but I'll be back later... Gotta Update my Passporter Ohh and I need to call to see if I can catch another ADR at Check Mickeys cause Kasia and Sal will be Joining Us for our Wishes Cruise!!! Awesome Right... It just keeps getting Better!!!

See Ya !!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter