"We're the Chosen Ones of Disney!" British accents, first timers, & 20-yr-olds unite! - UPDATE 6/7 X2

Butterbeer being better than LeFou's Brew??? Nah, bruh.

That does look like one awkward meet with Gaston. I guess that what happens when you out-Gaston Gaston at his own game. I once went up to Captain America at DCA and called him Steve and it threw him for quite a loop then I lowkey broke character integrity in the midst of our convo too so yeah... trying to out-character the character always ends poorly.

Liberty Tree Tavern looks delish. I always get sad when someone brings up how it used to be a character meal. I WANT TO MEET COLONIAL MICKEY AND MINNIE *sobs*

What a fun day at MK! (Except for the awkward Gaston interaction, of course)

Enchanted Tales with Belle is so cute (and that little Chip, omg :love:), I do not blame you for not wanting to be a lame old plate.

I'm excited to see what ears the girls picked out.

Joining in, and I have laughed so much. All of you look like a great group of friends/family! Just a few quote inserts - I could write more, but they would all just say "lol".

I'm currently in the midst of the application process for the Disney College Program!
- Best of luck!

over-patriotic
- No such thing!

Brad and Kristi--aka Mom and Dad! The people I have to thank for my Disney passion.
- Well done folks!

But, if I was ranking Disney character favorites, Stitch would not be in my top 10. Not even close.
- Well said, Dad - great post too!

Butterbeer being better than LeFou's Brew??? Nah, bruh.

That does look like one awkward meet with Gaston. I guess that what happens when you out-Gaston Gaston at his own game. I once went up to Captain America at DCA and called him Steve and it threw him for quite a loop then I lowkey broke character integrity in the midst of our convo too so yeah... trying to out-character the character always ends poorly.

Liberty Tree Tavern looks delish. I always get sad when someone brings up how it used to be a character meal. I WANT TO MEET COLONIAL MICKEY AND MINNIE *sobs*

So sorry to offend, but I just love butter beer so much. LeFou's Brew is overhyped apple juice, in my opinion. Still love it and will buy it every trip.

Liberty Tree is amazing. Maybe if we make it to 2076, they'll do something for the tricentennial and bring out Colonial M&M??

What a fun day at MK! (Except for the awkward Gaston interaction, of course)

Enchanted Tales with Belle is so cute (and that little Chip, omg :love:), I do not blame you for not wanting to be a lame old plate.

I'm excited to see what ears the girls picked out.

The little girl was adorable. Enchanted Tales is one of my favourites!!

I am just about to update so we will see!

Joining in, and I have laughed so much. All of you look like a great group of friends/family! Just a few quote inserts - I could write more, but they would all just say "lol".

- Best of luck!

- No such thing!

- Well done folks!

- Well said, Dad - great post too!

Thank you for joining in!! And welcome!!

Oh yeah - the Haunted Mansion over the years pics - fantastic!!!!

One of my favourite traditions!

Beautiful pictures! Thanks for your review.

Thank you so much!

I love LeFou’s Brew. Looking forward to trying Butterbeer this August.

115 days and counting!

Love your TR so far.
My DD has huge envy of the Disney countdown- wish we had them in the U.K.. presumably bought in USA?
The Gaston interaction is amazing and hilarious and I’m hoping that my two will continue to join me for years to come as DH will no longer fly!!! Great response from your Dad.
Looking forward to the rest.

Have enjoyed the trip report so far and look forward to the next parts. Glad you all enjoyed your time.

Hello! It has been a long, long time and for that I apologise, but we are about to GO HARD for this next week so let's goooooo.

Our next morning was one of trepidation.

The day was finally here.

The. Day.

Twenty years of excuses and refusals and built-up FEAR.

I was finally going to conquer: TOWER OF TERROR.

We are a no-nonsense family so we hit the ground running and went straight there (probably because they knew I would wiggle my way out of it if we waited too long).

Here is the evidence that I DID IT.

46905587665_bf386643d0_z.jpg

Yeah, that's right. All this time and all this hype and freakin Megan put her hand in front of my FACE. But I'll go ahead and let you know now that the only thing you missed were my tears. McCall was a true friend and held my hand the entire time (she will say it was to comfort me but I know the truth...she was nervous too).

46905588615_66ddd8d3d1_z.jpg

The first timers!

47032317384_9cd97aae1b_z.jpg

47821927131_b6946d24d2_z.jpg

My review: not as bad as I expected. I know, I know. We all saw this coming. But, guys, I have built this attraction up for my entire life so give me a little credit! Also heights are my worst fear in the world so a ride that literally just consists of bringing you up and dropping you from various heights is not exactly my cup of tea. I will be doing it again, though, so the curse has been broken and the fear has been BEAT.

We decided to ride out our adrenaline rush and hop on over to RnRC.

47032317844_620604a610_z.jpg

47821927821_19794e8d3b_z.jpg

There was no cast member to say "how about some free backstage passes" and it honestly made me want to sue, but it's fine, I moved on.

Check out this killer angle. Thanks, Dad :lovestruc

47821928371_1093641e3c_z.jpg

Next, we headed to check out Toy Story Land. Not going to lie, it felt pretty claustrophobic and a bit over-hyped, but I really love Slinky (more on that later), so I'm not complaining! Also always a sucker for anything Pixar so I am sold.

47032316724_f9bdf5c907_z.jpg

We did standby for the first time in our lives for TSM and it felt like a crime. But, all in all, only a 45 minute queue, I want to say, so no real worries. We spent the time playing Spyfall. If you do not know what this is, look it up! A Mafia, who-dunnit type game that makes you interrogate each other in a vague, fun ways to find the "spy." Super easy, too because you essentially just go to the Spyfall website, start a game, and everyone else uses to code to join the game.

47821929241_206930de1e_z.jpg

One look at Megan will tell you that she was definitely the spy.

40855508743_ab1deef047_z.jpg

47821931591_0d2596030f_z.jpg

Blake beat me, but the two of us dominated everyone else, so I will take it as a victory.

We had lunch reservations at Mama Melrose's (Fantasmic package) so we mosied on back there.

We had eaten at MM once before and honestly had rough-service so we were a bitnervous, but this time was GREAT. I had the chicken parm (like I have every available opportunity) and it was wonderful.

Mom spilt her entire drink all over herself and the table so that was awesome.

Our waiter was from Morocco, so I got to practice my Arabic with him a bit! But I think he overestimated my level of fluency because he stopped speaking English to me at a certain point and I was struggling let me tell ya.

33944612458_c17029d10e_z.jpg

We skipped over to Frozen Singalong after this--one of my favourites. Anna is my soul sister, so this show just makes me all kinds of happy. Plus, the ex-choir girl in me THRIVES.

46905596535_f50eee32e5_z.jpg

Our Royal Historians were feeling wild, let me tell ya. After declaring that she could not wait until the show was over to go get a frozen margarita, she turned to the audience and said, "its the 2 o'clock show, what do you expect?"

After our time in Arendelle, we headed to a galaxy far, far away. If you followed my other TR, then you know that my Star Wars knowledge is quite lacking, BUT I am happy to report that I am currently in the process of watching all of them for the first time!

Dad and I have watched Episodes 4, 5, and 6 thus far and plan to go back and do 1, 2, and 3 later this week (summer is in full swing!).

I figured that if I am about to be working in Disney all fall (during the opening of Galaxy's Edge), I better have some idea of what is going on...beyond the title.

47032323074_ee89824d11_z.jpg

After Star Tours, Lexie forced us to go watch Jedi Training because she apparently saw her future husband in the show the week before. Sure enough, we went over there and he was working again.

Another little moment of us being the "chosen ones:" we (being obnoxious college girls) held up "I love you" hand signs at the back of the crowd for our own giggles knowing he would never see us or break character to interact. But before we knew it, he looked at us, grinned, and gave a big "I love you" right back. Lexie swooned.

We funneled our affections for the jedi into some snacks after that (pun very much intended).

46905597675_982db67cf3_z.jpg

Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular was next up for us! This ended up being one of McCall's favourites so her enthusiasm made it fun. Although...if we talk about enthusiasm, we would be remiss without mentioning Megan's absolute insanity in an effort to get chosen as a volunteer. It worked. :sad2: "Chosen ones."

The poor thing was BETRAYED when the stunt actor revealed his identity. She had been talking with him the whole time they were onstage and would not stop talking about her "FRIEND LIED TO ME" for the rest of the day.

After the show, we took our time exiting near the front and the "producer" came over to chat with us for a bit which was just a fun conversation to hear how he got involved with Disney/stunts. While he was talking with a few of us, Megan and Lexie were apparently waving and flirting with one of the actors--the tall, extremely muscular one who they play up humorously?

To my horror, he CAME OVER TO US. But it ended up being a fun interaction and he was so nice and honoured that we noticed his small part. I'm pretty sure this was the moment Megan said, "Well you kind of stand out." with a smile. :rolleyes: Regardless, I have decided I will never again be in a hurry to leave Indy.

46905598455_e7243d47e9_z.jpg

We watched VotLM next!! Ariel was having a bit of a rough day, but we'll excuse her--must be exhausting to give your voice over to a seawitch several times a day.

This was our only day at HS, so we knew we had to time everything out perfectly if possible. Sadly, BatB was not going to make the cut, BUT we managed to have just enough time to do it and still make our Slinky fastpasses!

This show led to us high-kicking as often as we could in the most inappropriate of places for the rest of the night. If you were in DHS, that evening, I truly apologise.

47032325144_e58f44121a_z.jpg

I loved all of the bright colours of TSL at night!

46905599445_84e132a48d_z.jpg

Honestly, my friends and I looked at SDD initially and were thinking "hmm, another kiddy coaster, whatever." But we were presently surprised! All of us laughed the entire time and thoroughly enjoyed it. I think doing it at night made it extra fun, too, so I highly recommend this if you want to make the most of your Slinky experience. :flower:

Our lunch at Mama Melrose's came with the Fantasmic package so we headed there after Slinky.

Lexie, Megan, Morgan, Blake, and my mom got some quick-service meals to split, while Dad, McCall and I opted for ice cream...because why would you choose real food when your dinner can consist of ICE CREAM?

It did not disappoint and neither did Fantasmic. All four of us girls immediately started crying when Mickey appeared and then again during the finale. Biggest fans.

47032326104_8751a53e21_z.jpg

My parents + Blake and Morgan were a little tired at this point so they decided to go back to the rooms. But the party does not stop until you are DEAD at Disney so us gals hopped over to EPCOT!

I am disappointed to say I got absolutely no pictures this night, but it's honestly because we were just being too weird and having too much fun.

Highlights of the night:
- I had another strawberry shortcake from Sunshine Seasons and cried when I took my first bite (this was not even my last strawberry shortcake of the trip--SS will literally go out of business when I ma living there this fall).
- We rode Soarin again and Lexie held up her Stitch ears and filmed them the entire time so she can always remember "Stitch's journey around the world." It was as embarrassing as it sounds.
- We played a few rounds of cards while waiting in our concourse to board Soarin and got told to be quieter by the CM...oops.
- Megan and I spent the full allotted time designing the best vehicle we could while McCall and Lexie spent maybe thirty seconds creating the ugliest, least efficient piece of crap in this world and they STILL BEAT US IN EVERY TEST TRACK CHALLENGE.
- The bus took an hour to come and we all fell asleep on the ground waiting for it.

Love your TR so far.
My DD has huge envy of the Disney countdown- wish we had them in the U.K.. presumably bought in USA?
The Gaston interaction is amazing and hilarious and I’m hoping that my two will continue to join me for years to come as DH will no longer fly!!! Great response from your Dad.
Looking forward to the rest.

Hello and welcome! The countdown is from Etsy (online store), so I assume they would ship to you (though it may cost a mite more). Thanks for joining!!

Have enjoyed the trip report so far and look forward to the next parts. Glad you all enjoyed your time.

:thanks:

Following! Looks like you guys have had an awesome first two days!

:welcome:

We had an early wake-up call the next morning to get to Animal Kingdom pretty close to rope drop!! DAK is my favourite park, so I was extra excited. Animal Kingdom and I both opened (er...were born?) in 1998 so I have always felt a special sisterhood to her. ;)

46905600205_bb4afaaed0_z.jpg

We got some pastries at Joffrey's right before we entered the park to count as our breakfast. *Note: every year, I look at the pretty doughnuts and think, "I want one of those!!!!" and every time, I get one and regret it. They are prettier than they taste, so my advice is to just stick to admiring from afar.

We headed straight for Safari (MY FAVE) and caught a good one! My family loves to try and do a morning safari and an evening safari because all the animals are the most active.

We were stopped for a while because of this little guy.

32878127117_9896860d78_z.jpg

After KS, we stopped for a restroom break and when I came out, I was being screamed at by the man leading the band in Africa. Literal fear was in my eyes as he pointed at me and urged me to come join his dance.

I have no idea how he just knew I would be walking out of the women's restroom at the exact moment, but I was honestly unable to say no, sooo...

(of course Megan jumped right on in)

33944619788_e63878b4d8_z.jpg

33944622078_0c334b9b60_z.jpg

33944623818_80f95f63ab_z.jpg

We were all laughing so hard because this man literally would not let us leave :laughing: After each song, we would clap and smile and say "thank you," and he would just grab our wrists and make us learn a new dance. Honestly, though, it was probably one of the best parts of the day. I swear we were there for at least 15 minutes.

47821940481_4fe4e1de05_z.jpg

Sometime around this point, Lexie decided she needed face paint. As I mentioned in her bio, Lexie is an Avatar queen and will reside in Pandora in a future life. The rest of us girls decided "oh, what the heck" and went over to a face paint cart to make our choices.

We were very sad to find that Avatar face paint is only done in Pandora, so Lexie had to wait for her make-over, but the rest of us decided to go ahead and do it.

Megan's was called "Lovely Princess" and she forced us to call her that all day.

32878134677_a29df178f1_z.jpg

33944628118_347a829b87_z.jpg

32878139787_be0ec33881_z.jpg

33944628848_c4da6faa09_z.jpg

I promise we are twenty and not two!!!

Next installment of being the Chosen Ones: the girl painting our faces was only 19 so we befriended her and were just enjoying listening to her story on how she got to Disney from the Dominican Republic and in the end, she gave all of us at 50% off and did not make Megan pay at all!! (We were a little jealous of this, but we decided not to complain hahaha because WHAT A SWEETHEART)

So, thanks, Maria! You are our GIRL!!!

While we got our faces painted, my parents, Blake, and Mo walked through Gorilla Falls. My dad loooooves the gorillas.

Then, we headed over to Pandora so Lexie could begin her transformation.

33944626708_6e991460b9_z.jpg

33944630718_8e2708155a_z.jpg

She swears it was a banshee, but it just looked like a butterfly to me :rotfl:

We decided to try out Satu'li Canteen for lunch and WOW I LOVED IT SO MUCH.

Genghis Grill is one of my favoruite restaurants so this made my heart very happy.

When we walked out, the little street show was going on (is street show the proper word? Probably not haha). We were on our way to Flight of Passage so we just kind of walked around the outskirts, but as we passed by, we heard the guy in the Utility Suit say, "It's not working! Gary must have messed it up." And so all four of us girls, for some reason, went "COME ON GARY!!!!!!!" And so the performers heard us and started cracking up and (definitely broke character oops?) said "But you don't even KNOW Gary!"

So we took the opportunity to turn around and say "Uh yes we did!" So then they made us come demonstrate our legitimacy as members of the Pandora Conservation Initiative by calling the banshees. I think we did a pretty good job, personally, if we did not leave all of our dignity behind.

32878142997_6c682b3c8d_z.jpg

We said bye to our new PCI friends after that and headed to FoP!!!!!

40855528023_64af8251ee_z.jpg

40855529363_442d96f464_z.jpg

32878147277_2727020805_z.jpg

40855530103_a9233da64d_z.jpg

This was not even my first time riding it, but I still cried because it is just so MAGICAL. We screamed "SIVAKO!!!!!!" approximately ninety times through the duration.

We bought Avatar friendship bracelets in the store immediately afterward and some matching Pandora pins for our backpacks.

Here is Lexie feeling herself in her true form.

47821951981_4a31dc46e5_z.jpg

33944642938_70587bdc6c_z.jpg

We had to physically drag her out of the store...

After this we did the updated Flights of Wonder, which I will attempt to not overly critique by leaving a simple, "EW ARE YOU KIDDING ME DISNEY WHY?!?" Interpret that as you will :littleangel:

We also hit up Everest and Nemo! Everest is one of my favourite attractions for first timers because of the various faces of fear you get when you come to the ripped up tracks.

I think I only quoted half of Nemo this time around, which is honestly such an accomplishment for me. Love that show!!!

We had early dinner reservations at Ohana so we hopped a pus to Poly after Nemo!!!

47821954271_3ceac7411e_z.jpg

33944644178_aacf150398_z.jpg

Ohana is forever my family's favourite.

After dinner, we decided to go back to DAK to do a few more things. Unfortunately, I have no real pictures from the night because again: TOO. MUCH. FUN.

But Blake and Mo decided to go to MK instead to have some fun, Mom and Dad picked a chill spot to watch Rivers of Light and the rest of us girl rode Everest eleven consecutive times :Pinkbounc

40875761783_3d2ed3da90_z.jpg

33965104828_19e8539fec_z.jpg

About the sixth or seventh time through, we started doing this punchy thing to make ourselves extra dizzy. I highly recommend it if you want to hate yourself!!!!!

Basically, after the big drop (on the little twisty part) start trying to punch in the air. The force is so great, it makes your arms start feeling like jell-o...and it is honestly all downhill from there.

I think it was the ninth (???) time that I started seeing black spots and I knew I had to make smart choices and sit out for a bit. So I went and grabbed a spot to watch Rivers of Light (my parents were on the other side of the lake) and try and regain my center of gravity :laughing:

The other girls rode a couple more times and then came to join me.

After RoL, we made our way (stumbled) to the exit and called it a night!!!!

What a fun couple of days at Disney!!

Congrats on taking on ToT and living to tell the tale!

Mama Melrose is going on my list somewhere, all I hear are good things about it!

Our Royal Historians were feeling wild, let me tell ya.

They are the best part of that show!

I loved all of the bright colours of TSL at night!

:lovestruc

Dad, McCall and I opted for ice cream...because why would you choose real food when your dinner can consist of ICE CREAM?

Can't argue with that.

Animal Kingdom and I both opened (er...were born?) in 1998

giphy.gif

Your dancing at DAK looks like so much fun and I love that you all had your faces painted!

we heard the guy in the Utility Suit say, "It's not working! Gary must have messed it up." And so all four of us girls, for some reason, went "COME ON GARY!!!!!!!" And so the performers heard us and started cracking up and (definitely broke character oops?) said "But you don't even KNOW Gary!"

:rotfl2:

This was not even my first time riding it, but I still cried because it is just so MAGICAL

I CAN NOT wait to ride FOP again!

the rest of us girl rode Everest eleven consecutive times

:worship::worship:

That is impressive! Was there just no line at all?

I have to confess, I spilled the drink on Mom at Mama Melrose. Dad

Thank you for your bravery in this admission!!

Y'all are the cutest family/group! Sounds like you had the best time!

Thank you! We had so much dang fun. Reliving it makes me beyond happy!

What a fun couple of days at Disney!!

Congrats on taking on ToT and living to tell the tale!

Mama Melrose is going on my list somewhere, all I hear are good things about it!

giphy.gif

:worship::worship:

That is impressive! Was there just no line at all?

Thank you for the congrats! These comments will be the things I reread to remuster the courage next time I am looking up at the thirteen stories of doom and trying to recall why on Earth I ever did that attraction.

Mama Melrose really is great!! My family loves Tony's so this is a difficult choice for us, but it's so nice to have a solid DHS table service option. And if you are a Fantasmic fan who does not want to stake out seats an hour in advance, the premium seating is an extra bonus.

I laughed at your friends reference! Disney is a playground for adults, so age does not matter, right? :flower3:

There was zero line. A pretty common theme for this trip was the lack of crowds, which we were so happy with!!!

You missed the yelling demonstration given for Gary in Pandora.

You are so right. I hope they managed to locate him without our help.

It appears that the DIS has updated in my hiatus, which means I lost the option to choose the colour I have always chosen to use on this particular TR. But no matter--we will press on!

Our next morning, we slept in a little later than usual because we were all mutually exhausted. Our fastpasses were for later in the day, so we all took it pretty easy and decided to split up that morning. My parents, plus Blake and Mo went to Disney Springs and us gals headed over to EPCOT to explore WS a bit more since we rushed through it our first evening.

48024693707_84ac86caed_z.jpg

We did Spaceship Earth on the way in because we knew it would likely be our only chance. SE has a special place in my heart, because it is the only attraction I have ever gotten to walk off of when it shut down.

Also, we all know I am a sucker for a good history lesson. :)

48024589846_14283a57b6_z.jpg

We skipped breakfast that morning, so we decided to go for an early lunch (AKA we had to walk around a bit to wait for most restaurants and carts top open hehe), but ultimately...we all wanted different stuff. I wanted my favourite--fish and chips (which I will forever be an advocate of integrating into everyday American cuisine). McCall got Moroccan and I think Lexie and Megan ended up settling on Chinese. They split off from us to run over there and ended up eating before returning to us.

Meg and Lex called us to come catch up with them as soon as we finished eating, but while we started walking, we noticed that character alley was hopping.

48024617368_43c2f9569d_z.jpg

I love Goofy more than most things in this world.

48024694622_c573fda9bb_z.jpg

48024618233_39ab2fab30_z.jpg

48024591711_732c534830_z.jpg

48024696687_78de865612_z.jpg

48024621753_81414dfd47_z.jpg

After that escapade, we ended up making Meg and Lex walk over to us instead because I was anxious to see The American Adventure (who is surprised?).

48024595451_5dac64cda8_z.jpg

48024699377_4881923828_z.jpg

Lexie in all her glory.

48024595626_d6b2bd732c_z.jpg

I cried and sang along the whole time. Also, major points to my friends because none of them fell asleep (unlike my friend Olivia who snoozed through the whole thing you may recall if you read my other TR).

If you have not been able to tell by all the overexposure in the pictures, it was a SUNNY one, so of course my freckles decided it was a good time consume my face. Oh well. AA makes me a happy girl no matter what!!!

32010657497_b220667ea3_z.jpg

My friends and I love Mary Poppins, so meeting her was top priority of our day. We skipped on over to the UK (my personal favourite pavilion, of course) to catch her next meet n' greet. I did a bit of accent coaching in line because my friends really wanted to try and convince Mary Poppins that we were all English.

48024602691_772672e78f_z.jpg

48024709247_0108a1acde_z.jpg

48024712947_fe59ab3856_z.jpg

48024713922_a5027152fa_z.jpg

(That was probably after I said something she deemed "truly scandalous.")

48024717602_6298b2fa28_z.jpg

SO BRIGHT.

48024642523_370f32572d_z.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts