We're trying it!

dairyou

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
We are going to try the "No points" weekend this trip to WDW.

So we'll stay 4 night at OKW (2BD), 2 nights at Port Orleans Riverside, back to OKW for another 4 nights.

We were considering doing the 3 day cruise on the weekend, but after long thought and finally discussion with the boys we decided not to. DH and I were 50/50 to do this or not. After we threw all the options up to the kids they decided to stay WDW instead.

This is the first time doing this , so when we come back I'll let you know how it goes.

Deb

We are going the end of January when points are the lowest. We want to go to The Kennedy Space Center this time. DH and DS will go golfing one day. So it will be a nice relaxing trip. I'll have to cook, but I'd rather cook and have more money for souveniers and such :)

Deb

I was hoping you'd choose the cruise trial - but i think you WILL all enjoy being there - and only moving next door!!!

have FUN!

We tried splitting out stay to avoid weekend points and it worked out fine. Sure it will for you too.

We do the 5-night on, 2-nights off all the time. For the weekend we may stay in the Orlando area, or on-site at one of the WDW resorts, or even with relatives in Florida.

The main difference for us is that we usually change resorts in the process just for the variety. We may do a month:

OKW 5-nights, weekend elsewhere
VWL 5-nights, weekend elsewhere
BCV 5-nights, weekend elsewhere
SSR 5-nights, weekend elsewhere

You get the idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter