western trinkets for my preschool class

AnnMorin

<font color=babyblue>I HATE SNOW!!!<br><font color
I was thinking of bringing the class back something from preferabley mexico. Maybe a mexican doll for the classroom or some type of trinkets for each child. (they are three and four year olds) Anyone been to Cozumel have any suggestions? There are 21 children in my class so if I get individual gifts they would need to be inexpensive. Anyone know of any "traditional" mexican toys that I could look for? (might as well be educational-teach them about another culture)

Shopping for little ones is my favorite past time! :teeth:
I'm sure you will find an abundance of gifts to bring home for them. The dolls sound sweet. The mexican jumping beans (if allowed) are always a hit w/little ones. You could also go the musical route ~ can't you just picture a Monday morn with a class room full of Maracas!? LOL ;) A CD of mexican music woud be great. They could make the Maracas out of paper plates filled w/ beans, noodles, etc. and do the Mexican Hat dance. My DGC always enjoy a Pinata at their BD parties ~ it would be very entertaining for your class to make one. Our DGS's collect coins and rocks, therefore love when we bring some home. If you're taking a video, they would get a kick out of seeing their way of life. Enjoy, I'm sure they'll love whatever Ms. Ann brings them. :)

At the port in Cozumel.They has small (mini- not to fit anyone's head) sombreros for about $2 each.If you were buying enough for your class they would probably give you a good deal.I also believe I saw dream catchers which might be good to buy one for the class (could evoke into a whole lesson)

Thanks for the GREAT ideas.. as much as I am looking forward to this time with my husband and son I will miss my little munchkins

something else that kids that age might enjoy would be crayons. On board in one of the shops you can get a twenty four pack of crayons of all different colors and each one has a different character head on one end of the crayon. This cost a total of ten bucks.

the crayon idea is cute too..I might have to bring LOTS of extra money :)

Ann - I bought some adorable little Christmas ornaments in Cozumel at the Mi Casa store right on the main drag. I think they cost about $2 each. They also had some lovely dolls, but they were expensive. There was also a lot of trinket type jewelry in all the shops. I had great fun shopping in Cozumel.

Were the mexican or did they say cozumel or something to that idea?

They are little clay bells in the shapes of animals, angels, santas, etc.... The jingling part of the bells (the clapper??) are the feet. They are decorated and very Mexican. They are not touristy looking, if you know what I mean. I did get some touristy ones on GC - they are painted seashells and one of them is a Santa and the other is a seashell snowman! Both of them have GC painted on them. Those were about $6 each.

Ann

Now I KNOW that I need glasses. I read your post as Western 'Tickets' for my preschool class --- and thought that you must be ONE generous teacher!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter