Westgate Vacation Villas?

Haven't stayed previously but excited about our upcoming stay in May. Happy planning to you! Not sure what you are comparing it to but remember "comparison is the thief of joy" :dogdance:

Haven't stayed previously but excited about our upcoming stay in May. Happy planning to you! Not sure what you are comparing it to but remember "comparison is the thief of joy" :dogdance:
I LOVE that quote! We have stayed at the Sheraton Vistana a few times and love it there, but the deals are not there right now- so thinking we will try somewhere new!

Thank you :)

And have a great trip in May!!

Hi dis- friends!

Has anyone stayed here?

Feedback/thoughts?

Thanks!!! :)

I have stayed there many times and my family loves it there!! My DD11 learned all of her line dancing from the pool parties at Westgate Vacation Villas/TownCenter. We have stayed at both and personally my family prefers the Villas over the TownCenter high rise units. Are you renting from an owner or did you book this on your own? Do you have a 1bedroom, 2bedroom or 2bedroom with loft? Give me some details and I can give you some recommedations of what to put in requests for. My family loves taking a ride on the Thomas the Train shuttle thru the resort. They also have their own small movie theater inside the main building. Depending on your vacation plans, try to spend sometime at the resort if you can. They just opened a Walmart directly across the street from the entrance. I can't wait to stay at Westgate again just to have the convenience of the new Walmart which lets you order online and pickup. Talk about SUPER CONVENIENT !!! Give me some details and I will be more than happy to give you some ideas, tips and pointers. I hope your family loves it as much as we do!!

I have stayed there many times and my family loves it there!! My DD11 learned all of her line dancing from the pool parties at Westgate Vacation Villas/TownCenter. We have stayed at both and personally my family prefers the Villas over the TownCenter high rise units. Are you renting from an owner or did you book this on your own? Do you have a 1bedroom, 2bedroom or 2bedroom with loft? Give me some details and I can give you some recommedations of what to put in requests for. My family loves taking a ride on the Thomas the Train shuttle thru the resort. They also have their own small movie theater inside the main building. Depending on your vacation plans, try to spend sometime at the resort if you can. They just opened a Walmart directly across the street from the entrance. I can't wait to stay at Westgate again just to have the convenience of the new Walmart which lets you order online and pickup. Talk about SUPER CONVENIENT !!! Give me some details and I will be more than happy to give you some ideas, tips and pointers. I hope your family loves it as much as we do!!
We actually ended up booking somewhere else, but thank you so much for your rave review!! I will put Westgate at the top of my list for the next time we go! Much appreciated!

We have booked our first week here in May I think ,, but its in the
towers.

Do they charge to use the new waterpark ?
Do you know if we can bring our own noodles ?

thanks
The website said they charge for the waterpark if you’re not an owner. They also have a map of the resort and schedule of activities online- looks like there is so much to do right at the resort! I’d recommend to give them a call- the woman I spoke to was very nice and helpful. Have fun!

We just stayed there. They do charge to use the waterpark. It is not really very big but would probably be worth it if you were having a resort day. The resort itself is huge but there is a free shuttle that circles the resort constantly so you can just hop on and off. They had a little movie theatre in the main building and lots of different activities scheduled. We had a 1 bedroom unit. The unit itself was nice and clean but the kitchen was really really tiny. No oven and just a 2 burner stove top. It was just my husband and myself so we werent doing much cooking but if I had kids with me, I would have been disappointed!

We just stayed there. They do charge to use the waterpark. It is not really very big but would probably be worth it if you were having a resort day. The resort itself is huge but there is a free shuttle that circles the resort constantly so you can just hop on and off. They had a little movie theatre in the main building and lots of different activities scheduled. We had a 1 bedroom unit. The unit itself was nice and clean but the kitchen was really really tiny. No oven and just a 2 burner stove top. It was just my husband and myself so we werent doing much cooking but if I had kids with me, I would have been disappointed!

I do agree that the resort is huge. In my opinion, planning a resort day is a great idea when traveling with kids. I have witnessed many times kids pleading with their parents to do stuff at the resort instead of going to Disney for the day. Or kids asking if they will be back from the parks early enough to participate in scheduled activities. I've also witnessed parents commenting that they would not have planned and paid so much for Disney had they known the kids would enjoy being at the resort so much. My DD11 met a friend that had to go to the park every day. One evening her friends mom told me that all day at the park the little girl was worried that she wouldn't get a chance to see my DD11 and play at the pool. Wow!!!

would anyone care to compare this to Sheraton Vistana? Stayed at vistana before, but considering options for this xmas.

Sheraton Vistana Resort Villa are much better than Westgate - Westgate still uses the hard sell - they actually came to my villa - after I had discounted their phone and turned off my cell phone.

Sheraton Vistana Resort Villa did not use method to get sales. It has been a few years so not use what their current policy

I once owned at Westgate in my early 30's - would NEVER buy anything from Westgate again.

Westgate is AMAZING - we just upgraded from a 2bdroom (1 bedroom with studio lockoff) to a full 4 bedroom

You will not be disapointed!!

we have stayed at Vistana twice and loved it, but wondering whether to risk somewhere else. it really hard to get clear reviews, everyone comes from so many different backgrounds and experience it is hard to compare apples with apples.

Westgate is AMAZING - we just upgraded from a 2bdroom (1 bedroom with studio lockoff) to a full 4 bedroom

You will not be disapointed!!

I agree and must admit I have had memorable vacations at Westgate and I have never been disappointed with their amenities. However, I have been VERY disappointed many times with their sale tactics and sales staff. But if you do not have to deal with them, Westgate can be a nice place to spend vacation. My family and I love it there. But I am a "former" timeshare owner and I would NOT recommend 'buying' a timeshare from them.....NEVER EVER !!!!

We have stayed at both and personally my family prefers the Villas over the TownCenter high rise units. Are you renting from an owner or did you book this on your own? Do you have a 1bedroom, 2bedroom or 2bedroom with loft? Give me some details and I can give you some recommedations of what to put in requests for. My family loves taking a ride on the Thomas the Train shuttle thru the resort...

Would two adults and two children be comfortable in the 1 bedroom, or should we get 2? And, does the Thomas train cost extra? Thanks!!

Last edited:
So, can you avoid the timeshare pitches by simply renting a room that doesn't have a timeshare-pitch dependent deal? Or do they push on the timeshare presentation to EVERYONE, regardless of how they booked?

You will not be required to do timeshare pitch if you rent elsewhere. If they try to push the timeshare tell them your spouse isn’t with you, recently divorced, or just filed bankruptcy. They will leave you alone since you wouldn’t qualify.

Would two adults and two children be comfortable in the 1 bedroom, or should we get 2? And, does the Thomas train cost extra? Thanks!!

If your kids dont mind sleeping on a sofa bed a 1 bedroom would be ok. But I highly recommend a 1 bedroom and not a studio. If your kids sleep in their own room at home, then I would go for a 2 bedroom. Its nice to have the space and privacy.

How is the waterpark part of it? From the pictures I've seen online it looks nice. However, I've showed up at places and have been disappointed because the slides, etc turn out to be very tired, faded, and worn.
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts