Westjet is making me CRAZY

JeannieJay

Mouseketeer
I'm trying to book a vacation and I have no options to come in to LAX. None. All options go through Vancouver. We have always travelled straight from Calgary to LAX and have used WestJet vacations before going direct from Calgary to LAX. There is absolutely no way I want to have a layover in Vancouver, then go on to SNA, turning a 3 hour trip into a 5 or 6 or 7 hour trip. Even when I select LAX as my destination, it only gives us options showing a layover in Vancouver.

It's just so weird that all of their vacations going to Disneyland right now go Calgary - Vancouver, SNA.

So maybe I stop using WestJet and their mastercard.

Does this only happen when you go the "vacations" route? What about if you try to book just the flight?

When I Google Calgary-LAX on westjet, there are many direct flights available.

It seems to me that the airlines bundle the worst flights with their "vacation" packages. I have given up on them and just book the components of my vacation separately.

I was experiencing a similar problem in trying to fly to WDW. I cannot get a direct flight from Ottawa to MCO-they ALL stop in Toronto, which is so frustrating.

Is there an option to change your flight? I think with the Westjet vacations site it comes partway through. But they usually bundle the cheapest flight in the vacation, and at some point you have the option of upgrading to a more expensive (and likely direct) flight option. It'll raise the cost of your package, but it sounds like it'll be worth it for you.

I was experiencing a similar problem in trying to fly to WDW. I cannot get a direct flight from Ottawa to MCO-they ALL stop in Toronto, which is so frustrating.

Sadly, there aren't a lot of direct YOW<->MCO flights on ANY airline. Some seasons are better than others. Sometimes we fly direct out of Montreal instead.

WestJet changed a lot of their flights. There was a direct Ottawa to MCO which went away. Air Canada is the option I am using now, they seem to have more options for direct flights. Even those are limited though. At least they have direct flights Saturday and Sunday throughout the summer. I do not like having to change flights anywhere! But I will be next Friday on my way to FLL. The only part of the trip I am not looking forward to. Any way. Try without a package, and perhaps try another airline...

YYC is Westjet's home airport so I don't have trouble finding a flight to get OUTTA this city. But it will cost you, depending on where you end up! :)

I can do it lots of ways, but I was wanting to do a package because we have enough miles to cover the whole thing.

Otherwise, I'd just book the flight separately. I spoke to someone at their call center about this and I can do a package going through LAX (and therefore bypassing a layover in Vancouver), but it's about $600 more. Which I think is ridiculous.

We've decided to do a package vacation somewhere else instead.

Call them. Something is weird, we just did Yyc to lax direct. Returned home yesterday. Sometimes it's just stupid website issues.

Depends on the time of year you're travelling. Air Canada has direct flights all year Saturday and Sunday. WestJet has direct flights Saturday and Sunday (October - April).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter