Westjet vs BMO world elite mastercards

Spotthecat

Mouseketeer
Okay, I have both of these cards.

If I get an airmiles flight, do I need to use my BMO airmiles world elite mastercard to get that 15% off the points required? Or just by having the card, I can get it?

Also, to get the free first checked bag for myself and my companions on a Westjet flight - do I have to USE the westjet mastercard to buy the flight to get the bag free, or just own the card?

I want to be able to get an westjet flight using my airmiles points, get the 15% off in airmiles points (is it 15?) and still get the first bag free as it's a westjet flight and i have the card. How do I do this??? Which card would I use to "pay the taxes"?

Not sure about the BMO card, but you do not have to charge your flight to the WestJet WE MC to get the free bag benefit -- it is a perk of being a cardholder, not a perk of using the card to pay for the flight.

I have the BMO one, my DH does not. When I look up flights, it automatically shows 15% off due to BMO world elite card. When I look up flights using DH's account, it does not. I think it's automatic when you link your air miles number to your mastercard account.

Edit to add: Sorry, I think I misunderstood your questions. I don't have an answer...LOL

With the BMO card, you get the 15% off discount regardless of what you book the flight on. The same goes for if you qualify for the companion ticket offer for new cards. We've been BMO cardholders for years and my husband recently applied for one for his business in his own name and qualified for the companion ticket. We booked the flights through AirMiles and paid with another card and still received the 15% off discount and the companion flight miles have posted back to our accounts already as well. For the Westjet MC, you need have your Westjet rewards number attached to at least one of the flights so you may have to call Westjet after you book through AirMiles to see if you can add it to your booking. I didn't see anywhere to add our Westjet rewards number when booking with Westjet.

Thanks everyone! So it looks like I can get triple the savings - get the 15% off with my BMO card off the airmiles required for the ticket, get the free first checked bag with my Westjet card, and get PC points by paying the taxes with that card...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!