WestJet World Elite MasterCard - first year free (Ontario)

Griffin11

Mouseketeer
Hello, thought this may be of interest to anyone planning to purchase flights in the next year.

There is currently a promo for the West Jet World Elite MasterCard where the annual fee is waived for the first year, and you get Silver status for a short period of time. The regular sign up bonus of $250 West Jet dollars still applies, and you get one "companion fare" voucher per year.

To apply using the promo, scroll to the bottom of the main westjet.com webpage for the "Exclusive offer for Ontario only" link. Be careful as there are other links on the website that won't give you the promo.

I could have sworn that last night I found another link on the website with the same promo that didn't specify Ontario only, but can't seem to find it now.

That's a pretty nice deal there. Wish they could apply it for existing cardholders :)

The big thing for me with the card is the free checked bags. With 2 kids we have to check 2 bags every trip, so the annual fee covers the checked bag cost of one round trip. We usually apply the companion pass for a cruise flight. Actually wanted to apply it for an international flight this year but couldn't make the numbers work - Air Canada still ended up cheaper.

That's a pretty nice deal there. Wish they could apply it for existing cardholders :)
Check out the terms and conditions -- you may be able to apply even though you already have a card. I was already an existing WestJet World Elite MC cardholder and a few months ago I applied for the same card under a different promo and I got it. Now I have two WestJet WE MCs, with two companion vouchers.

I was already an existing WestJet World Elite MC cardholder and a few months ago I applied for the same card under a different promo and I got it. Now I have two WestJet WE MCs, with two companion vouchers.
I am surprised you can do that, but glad you were able to!

I am surprised you can do that, but glad you were able to!
It depends on each individual promo offer. Some offers say "Not available to existing RBC WestJet World Elite cardholders" in the terms and conditions, while other offers don't have that language.

Hello, thought this may be of interest to anyone planning to purchase flights in the next year.

There is currently a promo for the West Jet World Elite MasterCard where the annual fee is waived for the first year, and you get Silver status for a short period of time. The regular sign up bonus of $250 West Jet dollars still applies, and you get one "companion fare" voucher per year.

To apply using the promo, scroll to the bottom of the main westjet.com webpage for the "Exclusive offer for Ontario only" link. Be careful as there are other links on the website that won't give you the promo.

I could have sworn that last night I found another link on the website with the same promo that didn't specify Ontario only, but can't seem to find it now.
I went to westjet.com and I don’t see any Ontario promo. Did you have to log into the website?

This is tempting as we did the original few years back, cancelled. Redid 8 months after and got it again. Wondering if possible to do that again. hmm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter