We've owned at BW for 15 years this year.

No regrets, but we've learned some things. We bought when the kids were in high school. Now they are both married with two children each.
For us, borrowing works best. I found myself with unused points one year. We take bigger but fewer trips because of the size of our gang.
DW and I have done short vacations at Vero twice and love it. DW and I have done a couple trips to WDW without kids and LOVE it.
We've bought AP's three times using the incredible discounts and managed our trips to get the best bang for our buck.
We've stayed at BW, BC, SSR and OKW on site. Would like to try elsewhere but we love BW and the proximity to Epcot and Studios.
Just a few reflections....

Will have our AKV 10 year anniversary next Summer. One of the best decisions we ever made and recently paid it off about 14 months early. Like you, we are no longer commando and actually enjoy relaxing at the resort. It is an expensive luxury, but if used correctly and with planning, is such a joy. DH and I use it more like a resort vacation now without as much "park" and I am sure that will continue.

We are at our 10yr DVC anniversary this year! We bought SSR in 2008, and have added on many more times than I want to admit! I will say, both DH and I agree this is the best investment we have ever made. We have travelled as a family of 6...as a couple...and now have sent our college age kids down with friends for their spring break trips. We have a daughter getting married in the next few months and know that means a whole new chapter in our Disney vacations! :)

We will have owned at BWV 22 years this August. Best vacation investment we ever made. We have seen many changes over the years. When we bought, we were told that the point charts would never change over the course of our ownership. That has been disappointing but it hasn't deterred us from visiting WDW. We rarely stay at BWV anymore because of the lack of elevators and the long walks to the rooms. For some reason, we are always assigned the very last room at the end of the hall. We have used our points at every DVC resort except for BCV and the Poly. We have stayed at Vero and HHI and loved both but preferred HHI because there was more to do. Except for the current cost of the points, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend DVC.

When we bought, we were told that the point charts would never change over the course of our ownership.

What the sales folks don't always add to the true statement that a resort's point chart will never change is that the TOTAL number of points for that resort cannot change. IOW, if they need to increase the points for a specific set of dates for example, due to increased demand for them, they would have to DECREASE that same number of points somewhere else for that resort so that the total number of points would remain the same. Hope I explained that well. :-)

I've owned for 25 years and there have been very few changes in the points charts, most done in the last 7 or 8 years it seems. Good news is that when they increase it somewhere, it has to decrease in another season.

Wish I had known about DVC and Boardwalk Villas 15 years ago, I bought in 2007. I consider it to have been a great purchase. Kids have grown up and don't have the same availability, but I have shared with family members and friends, who were all pretty impressed with DVC. They aren't the freakish disney fan that I am though, so I don't expect any of them to buy in. I'm just happy to be able to enjoy with others.

We are going on 19 years, we bought our first contract through Disney in 2000. We have added on three times since our original purchase, I wish we had bought in soon and bought more points in the beginning when the cost was so much lower.

We have had many wonderful vacations to WDW with family, friends, and just the two of us. We have two children who are both married. They both have two children of their own so now when we all go we get a Grand Villa, hence the need for additional points. :)

We have never regretted our decision to buy into DVC, it is one of the best vacation decisions we have ever made. When my DH and I go alone we always have a great time. You don’t need kids along to enjoy all that WDW has to offer. There is something for everyone! I love my DVC!!! :love:

We have owned for 18 years. Three "kids" two married, one with three of his own kids. Both sons are also DVC Members. We have taken 8 DCL Cruises, stayed at Vero, HH and traded to the Royal Sands in Cancun. WDW, we have stayed at all except Grand Floridian, BLT and Poly I believe.

My dd did the CP program a few years ago and met her fiancé there. They are getting married in Disney next year and taking a DCL Honeymoon cruise. You can tell we have all created some wonderful memories with Disney/DVC as many of us here have.

Let's all keep enjoying and making more priceless memories.

We've owned for 17 years. Got married at WDW and purchased the following year prior to kids and paid it off very early. Other than Disney World, we've been to Disneyland plenty of times (used to live in California), Aulani twice, another Hawaiian trip once, and DCL. We now live on the East Coast and can drive to Disney so we'll be going more often.

We bought points at HH and VB 19 1/2 years ago and have always used our points at WDW or DL (never been to VB and only 2 nights at HH :) )! 4 kids were ages 10,8,6,4 now adults - 3 are married and 2 have almost 2-year-old girls! Took everyone last November but it used up lots of points (banking and borrowing) and now the next trip won't be until Fall 2020 if we want everyone to join, which gives us time to save more "fun" money. We don't have tons of points but they have been the best investment we have for great family memories!

We just started our 26th year, originally purchased at The Disney Vacation Club, now OKW. Added on the next year at OKW, then 2 addons at BCV and 1 at VWL, now BRV. Sold the BCV last year to get more OKW points. Needed more points so we could get GVs most trips as the gang keeps growing. It has been a great investment in family time and we don't regret anything.

We bought direct @ SSR sight unseen in 2005 and added on at SSR in 2015. We have countless good memories, with the latest being taking DD and her 2 BFF down for a HS graduation trip. Staying in villas, bringing in our Owners Lockers, and stretching our APs has made the vacation experience magical. As DD heads off to university, DH and I are looking forward to more couples trips and resort-only stays where we can enjoy the spa and DS.
LOVE MY DVC.

We bought BW in Oct of 2002, so we are at 15.5 years. I wouldn't trade it for anything!! I love my BW. We bought sight unseen, but we had stayed at the BC/YC before, so we knew the area. Don't regret a single thing about it.

For those of you veterans, other than shifts in the points for time of year and cost, what other changes have you seen?

19 yrs and going. In a constant state of "borrowing". At this rate, I'll be out of points a year or 2 before my membership actually ends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter