What’s on your running play list?

I am only listen to Audio or podcast when I run, but once in a while I do make playlist. When I do some staples are:

Eye of the Tiger
We Are the Champions
We Will Rock You
A Warrior’s Call
The Touch
Real American

I'm all over the place too but here are some highlights:

Raphael Saadiq - 100 Yard Dash
Fatboy Slim - Right Here, Right Now
AC/DC - Highway to Hell
Bryan Adams - One Night Love Affair
David Lee Murphy - Out With a Bang
Owl City - When Can I See You Again?
.38 Special - Back to Paradise
Led Zeppelin - Ramble On

I'm all over the place...rock, disco, pop, rap, R&B, classical, broadway, but right now...I've got a Christmas in July 5k coming up, so it's all holiday music! Gotta say...hearing Chuck Berry sing the words "Run, Run Rudolph" really pushes me. I might have to keep it in there beyond the holidays!

Wow mine are all over the place as well!! I have rock, jazz, rap/hip-hop, downtempo, Disney soundtracks, Texas red dirt, electronica....I know some purists thing that listening to music is verboten, but I really enjoy listening to new music or podcasts on my runs, especially my longer runs. It just helps me get into the "zone" and relax. It's kind of "my time". Glad to scroll through here and see I am not the only one!

Lots of podcasts for me, mostly Disney ones. If music, I like listening to full albums from with Neil Young,The Who or Pink Floyd.

Lots of Imagine Dragons and Five Finger Death Punch. Also Band of Heathens, Linkin Park, some Evanescence, Bon Jovi, Cher, and Metallica for good measure :rolleyes1

Whew, I thought for a minute I was the only head banger in the bunch....
:rockband:

My list includes Metallica, Pantera, Five Finger Death Punch, Stone Sour, Korn, Slip Knot, Godsmack, Rob Zombie.... In general hard fast rock for me!! Always looking for new metal bands though

Whew, I thought for a minute I was the only head banger in the bunch....
:rockband:

My list includes Metallica, Pantera, Five Finger Death Punch, Stone Sour, Korn, Slip Knot, Godsmack, Rob Zombie.... In general hard fast rock for me!! Always looking for new metal bands though

I forgot about Korn! I'd say you have great taste!

I listen to podcasts and audiobooks ONLY!!

I love true crime podcasts or real stories (like the original Serial podcast) ... there are a TON of great ones out there now.

Sometimes I get so involved in the story I forget to stop running and/or don't want to stop running!

Good to be alive by Andy Grammer. I ran a race every month last year and I always fixed my playlist for this song to come on as I was crossing the finish line!! It's the best finish line song you'll ever hear! Also, because I used it as my finish line song for so long, I get an extra burst of energy every time it comes on.

I'm all over the place...rock, disco, pop, rap, R&B, classical, broadway, but right now...I've got a Christmas in July 5k coming up, so it's all holiday music! Gotta say...hearing Chuck Berry sing the words "Run, Run Rudolph" really pushes me. I might have to keep it in there beyond the holidays!

This is great! I love holiday music but I would have to tailor the heck out of my Xmas playlists to make them suitable to run with. Too many White Christmas, Silver Bells, the Christmas Song and other slow beat songs that would kill my pace.

I have multiple playlists for running / working out as a) can't do either without music b) need variety. Quick search down mine finds a lot of AC/DC, Ludacris, Rihanna, Metallica, Rage Against the Machine, Van Halen, Pink, Beastie Boys, Calvin Harris, the best of the Rocky movies, Godsmack, Beyonce, DMX, Jay-Z, Disturbed, Andy Grammer, Foo Fighters, Fatboy Slim, Nicki Minaj, Nelly, Imagine Dragons, Flo Rida, Linkin Park.......def some different varieties.

If you are looking at a nice playlist for a steady, relaxed long run I highly recommend the nomad lounge playlist on Spotify. (Maybe a 10-13 min/mile half marathon pace)
I had a habit of taking off too fast and this has helped me pace long runs better. It’s peppy enough to keep you from being lazy but lots of super chill house style to get your head in the right place to keep a steady cadence. Perfect for zoning out to.

In the mood for some fast miles or intervals?
My currents faves for that:
The Brotherhood Escapes - Jesper Kyd
Let’s Go All the Way - The Wondergirls
Selecta - La Fuente
Rise of the Planets - Audiomachine
Run boy run - woodkid

Run boy run - woodkid

So, slightly off topic... But this song title made me think how many songs are there with "Run/Running" in the title and would they be good songs to put on a run playlist.

I came up with 2 off the top of my head.

1. Running down a dream - Tom Petty, I'd say good running song
2. Running with the devil - Van Halen, another good running song at least for me...

So, slightly off topic... But this song title made me think how many songs are there with "Run/Running" in the title and would they be good songs to put on a run playlist.

2. Running with the devil - Van Halen, another good running song at least for me...

There was a list of running themed songs in Runners World mag a few months ago arranged by mile for a marathon. I couldn't find it in a quick google search but I'll look through a few back issues and see if I can find it

3. Born to Run - Bruce Springsteen
4. Band on the Run - Paul McCartney
5. Runaround - Blues Traveler
6. Ready to Run - Dixie Chicks
7. Long Train Running - Doobie Brothers
8. Run Through the Jungle - Creedence Clearwater Revival
9. Run This Town - Jay Z
10. Fox on the Run - Sweet
11. It Keeps You Runnin' - Doobie Brothers
12. Running on Sunshine - Jesus Jackson
13. Nowhere to Run - Martha and the Vandellas
14. Runaround Sue - Dion
15. Running with the Night - Lionel Richie

That's all I got for now. Now I'll be scratching my brain to think of more

Off the top of my head:

Run the World (Girls) - Beyonce
Runaway Train - Soul Asylum
Running Through the Jungle - Creedence Clearwater Revival
Running Up That Hill - Kate Bush
Running on Empty - Jackson Brown (that would have to be the last song)

Literally right now just the Marshmellow station & the Lil Wayne station. 😂🤣🤷🏻‍♀️

I can’t seem to tolerate anything else at the moment when i run. I’m going through a weird phase.

Drive fast, Take Chances by Acid King
Omertà by Lamb of God
Force Fed by The Genitorurers
Their Cell by Girl in a Coma

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!