What’s something you’re weird about..

kimblebee

now my thoughts will be worth 5 cents
..But you know you can’t be the only one who’s weird about it?

I have 2 forks and 3 spoons in my cutlery drawer that I refuse to use. They are from my husband’s house before we moved in together and I just won’t use them. There’s nothing wrong with them, they have the correct number of tines, and have a good bowl shape but nope. I’ll use a dessert fork or teaspoon before I’d use them.

So, do you have a cup you refuse to drink out of, or a parking spot you won’t use even though it’s the only one available?

I can’t be the only one.

I'm the opposite. We have 4 "extra" forks that are different from the main set. I like them so much better (I think maybe it's the weight?) and will go out of my way to dig out one of those instead of just grabbing whatever one is on top.

I refuse to drink out of those stainless steal reusable coffee thermos. My husband uses them at home and at work but I just use regular mugs to drink coffee at home. Even though I wash them well they just gross me out and I have never taken a sip from one. I just feel like those lids can never get clean enough even through the dishwasher.

Last edited:
I wash my dishes before I run them through the dishwasher. And only I know the correct way to do my dishes, wash my clothes, clean my house. Other people have tried to help out with those things but I just go back and "fix" whatever they did. If you want to help me, I'd much prefer that you offer to entertain my kids for me so that I can do the other things myself without that feeling of mommy guilt that I should be watching my kids.

And I have “ special” small forks and spoons. Ones I purchased at a specialty shop, Sur La Table. They are meant to be used for apps and the like. However I Always grab those little spoons and forks and eat with them.
They feel good in the hand, weighty and oh so smooth. And they make me slow down when I eat, truly Enjoy the taste of my food.
A win win for me. And I don’t like to share them lol. Yup.. weird but true.

..But you know you can’t be the only one who’s weird about it?

I have 2 forks and 3 spoons in my cutlery drawer that I refuse to use. They are from my husband’s house before we moved in together and I just won’t use them. There’s nothing wrong with them, they have the correct number of tines, and have a good bowl shape but nope. I’ll use a dessert fork or teaspoon before I’d use them.

So, do you have a cup you refuse to drink out of, or a parking spot you won’t use even though it’s the only one available?

I can’t be the only one.
I'm a weirdo, oh yes, let me count the ways, like for example I'd rather stay grungy than take a shower. :sad2: I don't know why - I just detest showers. I'm a nightly bubble-bather; any hotel I book has to have a tub which is getting tougher with a lot of nicer places tricking out the bathrooms with 5' showers. I've actually walked out of a hotel we've reserved when they couldn't give me a room with a tub. The only exception I have no choice but to make is showering when we're on a cruise. Up to now we've not had the budget for a suite, and lower-category cabins don't have tubs. :sad1:

I will not drink the bottom of any drink. I have to leave approx. 1 inch of fluid at the bottom of all drinks. I think it tastes funny.

I feel really bad for inanimate objects. I will buy the dented cans and slightly smashed boxes of things because I feel bad for them. I especially feel bad for stuffed animals that are all by themselves somewhere or laying on the road. I think reading The Velvetine Rabbit and watching The Brave Little Toaster constantly as a child has caused this.

I'm the opposite. We have 4 "extra" forks that are different from the main set. I like them so much better (I think maybe it's the weight?) and will go out of my way to dig out one of those instead of just grabbing whatever one is on top.
I do this. We have an all matching set but i’ll dig for the old mismatched forks. There’s this one odd spoon that’s heavy that I will not use, it just bugs me.
I refuse to drink out of those stainless steal reusable coffee thermos. My husband uses them at home and at work but I just use regular mugs to drink coffee at home. Even though I wash them well they just gross me out and I have never taken a sip from one. I just feel like those lids can never get clean enough even through ugh the dishwasher.
Denture cleaner.

I'm a weirdo, oh yes, let me count the ways, like for example I'd rather stay grungy than take a shower. :sad2: I don't know why - I just detest showers. I'm a nightly bubble-bather; any hotel I book has to have a tub which is getting tougher with a lot of nicer places tricking out the bathrooms with 5' showers. I've actually walked out of a hotel we've reserved when they couldn't give me a room with a tub. The only exception I have no choice but to make is showering when we're on a cruise. Up to now we've not had the budget for a suite, and lower-category cabins don't have tubs. :sad1:
I will not take a bath, I have to take a shower. Everything washes away down the drain with a shower. In a tub it all just…sits there… My kids like baths and I let them but I make them take a shower after.

And I have “ special” small forks and spoons. Ones I purchased at a specialty shop, Sur La Table. They are meant to be used for apps and the like. However I Always grab those little spoons and forks and eat with them.
They feel good in the hand, weighty and oh so smooth. And they make me slow down when I eat, truly Enjoy the taste of my food.
A win win for me. And I don’t like to share them lol. Yup.. weird but true.

Weight could play a part in it. ‘His’ silverware is cheaper and not as heavy as the regular stuff.

A few months ago I found some everyday silverware that I LOVED. I would like to replace our current silverware since it was a gift from my first wedding. It was from my nana, that’s why I still use it. But, after reading the reviews online, I kept seeing that that silverware was pretty lightweight so I took it off my maybe list.

I found some drinking glasses on amazon that I LOVED. Like, I was obsessed with them. The reviews said they weren’t as heavy as they were hoping for but I still had them on Christmas wish lists. I mentioned it in a thread around Christmas and a secret friend bought them for me!!!
I still love them and they were heavier than expected.

Oh I forgot one of mine, lol.

I won’t use plastic plates or cups. I’m not talking disposable, I’m talking the stuff my mom had as her everyday dishes. I think it’s a mental thing. In addition to being a horrific cook she was an even worse housekeeper. We’d come for our every other weekend visit and the same dishes would be in the sink from the visit before in moldy water and she’d make us wash them. If too many piled up she’d put them in the spare shower in “our” room. Eventually she’d just throw them away. So in my head, they’re gross and cheap.

I won’t put pots and pans in the refrigerator. Probably also relates to her house but I’ll spare you the details.

I try to take baths with magnesium salts regularly to help with achey muscles but I always have a shower after. I don’t want to leave all the body wash, shampoo l, etc. on my skin!

My weird thing is also on the cutlery theme. I don’t like eating yogurt with a metal spoon. The acid in the yogurt makes a very metallic taste on metal spoons. I’ll use metal at a hotel breakfast buffet as there’s no choice but at home or if I take yogurt to work as a snack I always use a plastic spoon. I do put the sturdy plastic spoons in the dishwasher rather than always throwing them away so I think it’s OK and tastes sooooo much better!

Last edited:
I will not drink the bottom of any drink. I have to leave approx. 1 inch of fluid at the bottom of all drinks. I think it tastes funny.

I feel really bad for inanimate objects. I will buy the dented cans and slightly smashed boxes of things because I feel bad for them. I especially feel bad for stuffed animals that are all by themselves somewhere or laying on the road. I think reading The Velvetine Rabbit and watching The Brave Little Toaster constantly as a child has caused this.

You're my twin! All of this!

Oh I forgot one of mine, lol.

I won’t use plastic plates or cups. I’m not talking disposable, I’m talking the stuff my mom had as her everyday dishes. I think it’s a mental thing. In addition to being a horrific cook she was an even worse housekeeper. We’d come for our every other weekend visit and the same dishes would be in the sink from the visit before in moldy water and she’d make us wash them. If too many piled up she’d put them in the spare shower in “our” room. Eventually she’d just throw them away. So in my head, they’re gross and cheap.

I won’t put pots and pans in the refrigerator. Probably also relates to her house but I’ll spare you the details.
Wait, people put pots and pans in the fridge?! But - why?? :magnify:

I have a weird thing about place settings. My mom drilled proper place seting into me as a kid and it drives me nuts to see one out of place. I literally will go out to eat, sit down at the table, and the first thing I do is fix the place setting in front of me. I no longer feel the need to fix anyone else's, but that's probably because of the years of DH purposefully putting his place setting wrong while I'm watching just to drive me insane!

I can’t think of one for me, but my dog has one. He has elevated double-bowls for both his food and water. He will only eat and drink out of the left bowls. He was 2 years old when I got him (retired racing greyhound), so who knows how that habit developed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!