What’s with “greater than” 90 minute hold times?

APiratesLifeForMe2

DIS Veteran
I’ve been trying to call for 3 days to confirm a dining reservation. I made it on the app, received a confirmation email but it won’t link it to my Disney experience. It’s for 14 people so I don’t exactly want to risk it having an error and really just wanted to confirm it but for the last 3 days, anytime I call Disney, the hold times are quoted at “greater than 90 minutes”. This is crazy and the reservation is in less than a week so I’m running out of time. I guess I just need to find myself 2 hours to spare and sit on hold? 🤷🏼‍♀️

I had to call to make a reservation for the Captain Hook's Pirate Crew for our trip in March-- quoted a 2 hour hold time and was pleased when I got through in 50 minutes.
Yeah, it's rough. I've always used the traditional online method for making ADR's, but for some things you HAVE to call (paying Hoop Dee Doo with a gift card, booking Pirate Crew, etc.). It's ridiculous that they've cut out so much staff when there are some things you simply cannot use the online method.

I had to call to make a reservation for the Captain Hook's Pirate Crew for our trip in March-- quoted a 2 hour hold time and was pleased when I got through in 50 minutes.
Yeah, it's rough. I've always used the traditional online method for making ADR's, but for some things you HAVE to call (paying Hoop Dee Doo with a gift card, booking Pirate Crew, etc.). It's ridiculous that they've cut out so much staff when there are some things you simply cannot use the online method.
Agree with you 100%. I can’t imagine how those cast members feel too. Call after call of people being stuck on hold for that long.

Called today to try to change the time on my CP dining package reservation because you cannot do it online. They said 90 minute wait. I don't have time for that. I just rebooked and cancelled; however, I wanted to use my rewards redemption card, which you cannot do online for these prepaid meals (nor can you modify them) so I had to put the new reservation on my CC. If they expect us to use the online reservation system, I am fine with that and use it most the time; however, make it work for every scenario.

Called today to try to change the time on my CP dining package reservation because you cannot do it online. They said 90 minute wait. I don't have time for that. I just rebooked and cancelled; however, I wanted to use my rewards redemption card, which you cannot do online for these prepaid meals (nor can you modify them) so I had to put the new reservation on my CC. If they expect us to use the online reservation system, I am fine with that and use it most the time; however, make it work for every scenario.
I wish I could just cancel this a rebook but it won’t let me link to cancel it. That stinks you can’t use your rewards card unless you’re willing to be on hold 90 minutes! I agree if they are going to significantly reduce their cast members the online system needs to be fully functional

Disney recently telling people ADRs were "online only" was code for "we're letting most of the phone staff go".

Meh had the same hold time in March of this year, so many speculations about "letting people go" it is getting silly, the net is like a virus and some cough it up to spread it more........It has always been this way....

OP if you have a ADR# then you are GTG...have fun and dont sweat things out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts