What about left over food??

sean-1966

DIS Veteran
What do you do with the left over food when you check out? If the package is open I pitch but if it's not open I leave it. Does mousekeeping take it? It would be a shame if it all gets pitched. Maybe one of the local charites should set something up for picking it up.

I do the same. Anything open, I trash. If we never opened it, I leave it. I hope Mousekeeping takes it or leaves it for the next person.

Anything open we toss, but unopened or fresh items (sometimes fozen ice cream bars) we will often go out to the parking lot and look for an arriving guest to pass them on to.

Anything open we toss, but unopened or fresh items (sometimes fozen ice cream bars) we will often go out to the parking lot and look for an arriving guest to pass them on to.

Oh that's a good idea! I never thought of that. We've only done that with our ponchos.

FYI, I'm been told (I asked about leaving a detergent ball for the next guest) that everything Mousekeeping finds in the room after check out gets thrown away or, if "valuable enough" sent to lost and found.

Whether the mousekeepers keep items they might find useful or not, I don't know.....

FYI, I'm been told (I asked about leaving a detergent ball for the next guest) that everything Mousekeeping finds in the room after check out gets thrown away or, if "valuable enough" sent to lost and found.

Whether the mousekeepers keep items they might find useful or not, I don't know.....

While we've read the same info here, twice we had leftover water/soda/beer...asked mousekeeping we saw in the hall & they seemed happy to accept it and place it on their cart.:thumbsup2

Unopened water bottles go to the bell desk, or landscape crew, or anyone I see on the way to the car who is working in the heat. They appreciate getting a cold bottle on a hot day, even if they can't drink it right away.

While we've read the same info here, twice we had leftover water/soda/beer...asked mousekeeping we saw in the hall & they seemed happy to accept it and place it on their cart.:thumbsup2

Like I said: Whether or not mousekeeping takes what they can use (or can be used in their breakroom), I don't know. I actually HOPE they do....sorta a nice tip. I just know it's not Disney's POLICY to do it.

:thumbsup2

I've read that frequently too, but I know that we have found full sealed food items in our villas when we have checked in before, so just in case, we leave any unopened food. We don't usually drive, so don't want to go out to the parking lot to find someone to give it to, and I don't think DVC would like it if the front check-in area started looking like an open-air marketplace with departing guests hawking their wares! :) I do like the idea of giving out any cold water bottles to landscaping since that must really be a bear of a job in that heat and humidity most of the year!

We used to give a lot of our left overs to one of the bartenders and he greatly appreciated it since they work on tips, and very liitle hourly salary, however he is no longer there. (I am amazed how people go to the bar, order a drink to take to the pool, and leave no tip, and believe me the bartenders notice it too!) We throw out anything that is open and leave unopened items.

I've read that frequently too, but I know that we have found full sealed food items in our villas when we have checked in before, so just in case, we leave any unopened food. We don't usually drive, so don't want to go out to the parking lot to find someone to give it to, and I don't think DVC would like it if the front check-in area started looking like an open-air marketplace with departing guests hawking their wares! :) I do like the idea of giving out any cold water bottles to landscaping since that must really be a bear of a job in that heat and humidity most of the year!

It just occured to me that my practice probably only works at OKW and SSR. I doubt I would go the the parking lot at BWV, VWL or BCV. Works great at OKW and SSR though!

While walking down the hall at BWV on our most recent trip, there were a few food type items, unopended, on the Mousekeeper's cart - I think there were a few soda's etc, not sure.

I follow the same as many others - put in the trash any opened items and place on the counter any items we did not open. And I'm going to believe that Mousekeepers keep them, esp since I did not leave a tip last time :scared1: :scared1: I promise to do better next time!!

I do like the idea of sharing bottle water with the folks working around the resorts.

We were sitting at the grandstand pool one evening and started talking to the family next to us. They asked if we would be staying for a few more days and when we said yes, the wife got up told me to bring my DD and follow her to her villa. She had several gallon bottles of water, and limeade that hadn't been opened and they were flying back to Canada the next morning and she wanted to give them to a neighbor. We had just bought our membership a day before, and this was a great welcome to the family. If I can find a neighbor to pass stuff on to, I will. If not, I'm glad to leave it for mousekeeping.

So if my Canadian friends see this, thanks again!

When we checked into SSR, we found several packages of popcorn, some pasta and a few mini boxes of cereal above the refrigerator. We ate the popcorn, left the rest and some dryer sheets. I hope the next folks can use them.
Mickey M

We usually find another guest to give it to. I never leave it in the room because I don't want it to get thrown away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter