what age does kid become adult $$

shefor24

Mouseketeer
We are looking at booking a 7 night in Oct 04 and my twins will be 12. Is there a price difference between 11 and 12. Maybe I am looking for a goo reason to go in 03 instead of 04. Kinda a dumb question, but we want to make sure we aren't going to be paying a bunch more just because they're 12 and not 11. I think the adult would be 17 or 18 and over, but just checking. Thanks;)

I understand from reading here that they don't get charged the total adult price until 18.

The first 2 people in a cabin are charged the full fare, regardless of age. Then 3/4/5 passengers are charged less. Children under 3 pay very little. Children age 3 to 12 pay a set fee and people age 13 and up pay the same 3/4/5 passenger rate, which is more than the 3 to 12, but less than the first 2 passsengers.

One other thing...for excursions children aged 10 & up must pay the adult price, just like with park tickets at WDW.

We tend to go on the cruise for our twins' birthday (they have celebrated their 7th, 8th, and 9th birthdays on the cruise and are scheduled for their 10th this year).

So if they are 12 when the cruise starts and turn 13 while on the cruise, do we have to pay the higher rate? I know we have a couple of years yet, but I was just wondering.
Thanks,
DJ

children under 3 are charged only port charges and taxes....unfortunately, DCL made up for him by $300.00 in Flounders charges:p

Westjones,

I believe your twins will be charged the child's rate if they START the cruise at the age of 12. Like at the parks, the rate is dependent upon the age of the person at the BEGINNING of their stay/trip.

Happy cruising!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter