• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are crowds like the week before Christmas?

javaj

DIS Veteran
Just got back from our summer trip last Sunday so of course it is now time to start planning our Winter trip Yeay!

I've only been to WDW in the summer months. Always lots of people and I'd really like to go when it isn't that bad. I've heard that the Christmas to New Year's week is very very busy but we are planning on 12/17 to 12/25. Is it really crowded then? We'd really like to go when it isn't very busy so we're considering going in early January instead.

So how are the crowds the week before Christmas? What are the waits for rides? Is January much much better?

Our last 2 trips have been the week after Memorial Day, can anyone compare the crowd situation between that week and the week before Christmas???

Thanks for any input!

the first part of the trip will be manageable but the closer to christmas the more folks will be arriving. as alternative, would going the first 2 weeks of december be do-able for your family? the crowds are much lower and all the christmas festivities are available. just a thought.:tongue:

Oh I wish we could go earlier in December! DH is in school full time though, so we can only go during his break.

Originally posted by disney queen
the first part of the trip will be manageable but the closer to christmas the more folks will be arriving. as alternative, would going the first 2 weeks of december be do-able for your family? the crowds are much lower and all the christmas festivities are available. just a thought.:tongue:

We went that week last year and are going back this year. It is crowded, but much less than the following week. It is comparable to summer crowds.

We went Dec 16-23, 2003. The first four days were so good. We went to MK on the 16th b/c we had PS for CRT which was my nieces 4th b-day. After breakfast we did all the rides like dumbo, peter pan, snow white, all those behind the castle with little or no wait. The whole day at MK was little or no wait. I would definitly try and plan to go to MK your first day or two. The closer it got to christmas day the worse the parks were. The 23rd was really bad when we went to MGM but it wasn't as bad as when we went during July 4th, 2003. Plus people are not as grumpy when it isn't hot outside. The weather was so good for us. It was cold the first two days and at night. So pack alot of different attire for all weather. I'm from GA so the first day it was 55 with a wind chill of 45 which to us was cold. People had shorts on but we all went and brought sweatshirts. Have fun. It's a great time to go to disney.

::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo
We're going from 12/23-12/29. I have visited during the first two weeks of Dec and the parks are not very crowded and the weather is very nice. Although one night the wind chil was in the 40s and you might have thought the ice age was coming in Florida.
The next day visitors from Northern states wore sweatshirts and shorts while visitors from Southern states ahd wool coats, hats and gloves...you could tell where folks came from just by looking at what they were wearing.

December is a great time to go.

have fun!!!::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter