What are the chances FL would have a required quarantine for out of staters?

Seabean

Mouseketeer
Hello from PA. Gonna be there next week. FL set a new record for new cases today (15.3K)

What are the chances that a mandate that visitors from any state might be REQUIRED to quarantine for 7 - 14 days upon entry to the state?

This would obviously be a deal breaker for anyone flying into MCO to visit WDW. Nobody wants to stay in their room for the duration of their stay at WDW.

Even if PA changes it's wording from "recommended" to "required" self quarantine, that's not a problem for me as I can work from home.

I'm concerned that FL would require WDW guests to stay in their rooms. Deal breaker.

Or worse... no one from out of state would be allowed to stay WDW... and instead have to stay at a hotel near the airport for 7-14 days?

Last edited:
In theory, there is a quarantine here, but who knows if anyone is actually doing anything about it.

Travelers from Areas of Substantial Community Spread
The executive orders issued by Gov. Ron DeSantis that require travelers from areas with substantial community spread of the virus, including the New York, New Jersey and Connecticut tri-state area, to quarantine for 14 days or for the duration of their presence in the state (whichever is shorter) are still in effect. Airport screenings and roadside checkpoints are set up to check for potential COVID-19 cases. The checkpoints do not apply to persons involved in commercial activity or to students traveling for the purpose of academic work, internships, sports training or any other activity or program approved by the educational institution. For more information, see executive orders 20-80, 20-82, 20-139 and this FAQ, or call the Florida Department of Health at 1 (866) 779-6121.

https://www.visitflorida.com/en-us/current-travel-safety-information.html

Is anyone from the NY/NJ/CT tri state area (or any area) on WDW property right now being told to quarantine?

Is anyone from the NY/NJ/CT tri state area (or any area) on WDW property right now being told to quarantine?

Nope. They will tell you what the mandate is, and then tell you to do what you want with that information. They will not ask you any questions or give you any advice. And they are not in charge of enforcing it. Basically they are turning a blind eye.

Are vehicles from the tri state still being made to fill out paperwork upon entry to FL?

Nope. They will tell you what the mandate is, and then tell you to do what you want with that information. They will not ask you any questions or give you any advice. And they are not in charge of enforcing it. Basically they are turning a blind eye.
....interesting.

...Or worse... no one from out of state would be allowed to stay WDW... and instead have to stay at a hotel near the airport for 7-14 days?
...how would they even go about enforcing this? :confused3

Travelers from Areas of Substantial Community Spread
The executive orders issued by Gov. Ron DeSantis that require travelers from areas with substantial community spread of the virus, including the New York, New Jersey and Connecticut tri-state area, to quarantine for 14 days or for the duration of their presence in the state (whichever is shorter) are still in effect. Airport screenings and roadside checkpoints are set up to check for potential COVID-19 cases. The checkpoints do not apply to persons involved in commercial activity or to students traveling for the purpose of academic work, internships, sports training or any other activity or program approved by the educational institution. For more information, see executive orders 20-80, 20-82, 20-139 and this FAQ, or call the Florida Department of Health at 1 (866) 779-6121.

https://www.visitflorida.com/en-us/current-travel-safety-information.html
...I read your link. It's really hypocritical of the 'extenuating circumstance' of those who DON'T have to be quarantined. If you are a 'student' or a 'sports figure' or a business executive', you're automatically "immuned" from the coronavirus?? Makes. no. sense.

Are vehicles from the tri state still being made to fill out paperwork upon entry to FL?
...my DS-i-L [from N.C.] drove to central Florida about a week ago and she said that cars with NY/NJ/CT license plates had been randomly pulled over to the side of the road. Whether they had to complete some sort of paperwork, I cannot say for sure.

...my DS-i-L [from N.C.] drove to central Florida about a week ago and she said that cars with NY/NJ/CT license plates had been randomly pulled over to the side of the road. Whether they had to complete some sort of paperwork, I cannot say for sure.

That's odd. They have not been doing that for over a month. We own a mobile home moving business and cross the state lines nearly daily. While they were doing those stops, the weigh stations were closed to trucks so they could pull vehicles in, from the states in question. It was great for us, to be able to bypass the weigh stations. They quit doing it after about two weeks. Have not seen them since, on any route into Florida that we've traveled - I-95, I-75, and a few smaller roads.

For now if you are from out of state you have to quarantine for 14 days. I haven't heard that changed. Not a good time to vacay here.

They will tell you what the mandate is, and then tell you to do what you want with that information. They will not ask you any questions or give you any advice. And they are not in charge of enforcing it.

Has anyone heard from any CM's who work with check-in at the resorts if they've been briefed by management to adhere to a policy like this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!