What are the little things you love about taking trips to Disney?

Stepping on magical express. Walking into the resort. Filling up my refillable mug for an afternoon at the pool.

Meeting my sister at MCO. We live in different cities and often don't see each other between WDW trips.
Pandora at night.
Sitting on the veranda at the Rose & Crown and chatting with the server.
Seeing my Disney countdown on my computer every morning . . . although this year I've had to reset it and may have to again, but just knowing there's a WDW trip in my future makes me really happy.

The first full view of the Castle as I step onto Main Street
A few of the jokes on The Jungle Cruise that have become repeated family inside jokes
Having a glass of wine either in the room or at the hotel bar after a late park night.
The text with my room number popping up on my phone

Finding a bench and just breathing in the atmosphere, no matter what the view.
Watching the industrious ”avian cleanup crew” as they work steadily at picking up spilled popcorn and other crumbs. Also, their squirrelly competitors!
Hearing the “WHOOSH” of the surfing waves at TL

In all honesty, as I age and my mobility declines, I hit a moment in the parking lot and at the TTC when the distance to the gates seems overwhelming, and I wonder “why am I doing this again?” I swear it will be the last time. But then, once inside the park, that feeling is completely overwhelmed by the pure joy of being there! I never experience that kind of instant attitude reset anywhere else.

We love it when we get through the chaotic security at the airport and we can relax, knowing we have a whole trip ahead of us.

I love coming back to my hotel room after a long day at the parks to a freshly cleaned room and crisply made bed. I am going to HATE not having that this trip. 😒

I love the sound of the alert when the reservation finder has found an ADR for me (I only use that tone for that purpose and it’s the most beautiful sound in the world! 😁).

I love waiting in line for the bus anxiously watching for buses to pull up and cheering when it’s the one for our park or resort!

We love rope dropping Starbucks, then sitting at the empty Casey’s tables munching on our breakfast sandwiches waiting for the welcome show to begin. (Back when Main Street opened an hour before the rest of the park. I loved that! It was so quiet and relaxing!)

Last edited:

returned last week and this thread made me incredibly happy AND sad because I was looking forward to my much needed trip and now it has come and gone so quickly!

--watching the tv entertainment on the magical express. You have officially made it to disney and have SO much excitement
--checking into your hotel room and immediately putting on the TV. I need music/tv to go to bed at night and I opted for that info channel every night. I went to bed and woke up so incredibly happy as i was quickly brought back to my reality of being in Disney!!
--taking Disney transportation. We had a rental car for a majority of this trip when our relatives joined us, but the first night we hopped on to the bus over to MK, hopped on the monorail to GF for dinner and just over hearing the conversations of their days, people watching other families all decked out in Disney, it's just magic.
--the music in the parks
--getting food from the food court. I know it isn't always the best quality and mobile ordering makes it a bit of a different experience now but you have your refillable mug, you walk through a hustling and bustling lobby and food court
--anything in WDW at night time. Whether you are peacefully walking around a park or a resort. Tower of Terror lit up is my favorite
--at Pop, there were so many rooms near ours that decorated their windows--my boyfriend looked at me and said "No where else but disney"
--driving around disney, seeing the large dolphin and swan from a distance, ToT looming over trees, the skyliner zipping by
--any ride with a pre-show. we were so disappointed that pre-shows aren't currently a thing

That first peek at the Walt Disney World Resort sign as you drive on-property.
Slapping my Magic Band on my wrist.
Any time we pass the '90s-era Tower of Terror sign on the road outside DHS (because I remember its opening SO vividly from my youth, especially the commercials).
The feeling of discovery when we try new things, or even when I notice new details that I hadn't the first dozen times I pass by something.
Hate-eating stale cinnamon rolls and gross cupcakes in the parks because I always want them to be delicious this time but they aren't but I spent $6.95+ on them so I'm not going to waste them :joker:
The happy, fulfilled exhaustion on the dark, quiet air-conditioned bus after a long park day.
Fantasia mini-golf (a family tradition).
Line beers!!

Oh wow, I love everyone's posts so far, gives me serious withdrawals!

Like the OP, love the SUPER early morning hours that we get up, super excited to, not go to the airport, but start our drive from NJ to Disney.
The walk from the bus to the MK entrance.
When you turn the corner and see the castle for the first time.
Riding the PeopleMover over and over, resting our feet and getting a small breeze for the first time all day.
Going to sleep with the Disney info on the tv in the background, excited for another day.
Waking up in the middle of the night, forgetting where I am, (which often happens when I'm staying in a new place or hotel
🤣) and remembering I'm in Disney!

Oh man, this list could get long...

-Four adult women squealing in excitement when we’re on our way to the airport for a girls trip
-That first moment of anticipation when you enter your hotel room, even though you’ve stayed there before
-Hearing excited little kids run by your door in the morning
-The silhouettes of sleepy kids on bus rides back to the hotel

-Walking from the bus depot down the long path to Epcot and hearing the entrance music
-The smell of maple popcorn in Canada
-Going into a ride or a restaurant anywhere in World Showcase when it’s light out, and coming out when it’s dusk and the lights are all aglow
-The smell and the heat from the torches around World Showcase lagoon
-The cuckoo clocks ticking in the Germany store
-The flickering sidewalk starry lights when you exit Epcot at night

-That moment you get through the entrance at AK and walk into the “jungle” shade
-That “where would you rather be” feeling when you have a drink at the Dawa Bar and watch the African drummers
-The screams when you’re walking by Everest
-The pelicans saying “mine, mine, mine” when you’re exiting the Nemo show
-When anything white that you’re wearing glows in Pandora at night (including your teeth!)

-Walking into MK just as the parade is going by or the Dapper Dans are singing on Main Street
-The sounds of my sons (now young adults) at the Frontierland shooting arcade
-The first bite of a dole whip
-Singing along at the top of our lungs with the dwarves in Mine Train
-The scraping sound and sparks from the shovels during the Boo to You parade
-Christmas music on Main Street
-Those castle Christmas lights...

-The soundtrack all throughout Hollywood Studios
-Standing in line for RnR and hearing the screams from ToT
-When the air blasts you in the face during Toy Story Mania
-The 50’s style Christmas decorations at HS
-Coming out of Oga’s a little tipsy and giggling our way through Batuu

-Listening to live music in the evening next to the margarita stand in DS
-The view of Saratoga Springs all lit up from DS
-The quiet calm of the boat ride from POR to DS
-The soapy smell in Basin

Can you tell I miss it? ❤️

The background music in the parks, and the different musical pieces used in attractions. Most of them are available on YouTube, but i can only listen to them when I have a trip booked, as any other time, it brings a tear to my eye (Soarin' being the most emotive for me).

Finding a bench and just breathing in the atmosphere, no matter what the view.
Watching the industrious ”avian cleanup crew” as they work steadily at picking up spilled popcorn and other crumbs. Also, their squirrelly competitors!
Hearing the “WHOOSH” of the surfing waves at TL

In all honesty, as I age and my mobility declines, I hit a moment in the parking lot and at the TTC when the distance to the gates seems overwhelming, and I wonder “why am I doing this again?” I swear it will be the last time. But then, once inside the park, that feeling is completely overwhelmed by the pure joy of being there! I never experience that kind of instant attitude reset anywhere else.

Sounds like you're where I was with my mobility about 5 years ago. Finally my back got so painful that I gave up and rented an ECV-VERY regretfully. The first time I rented one, I called home to my family (solo trip) and cried "Guess what! I had to rent an ECV today." But that L-O-N-G distance to the gates went much more easily.
And I love watching the birds eating popcorn. My favorites are in Frontierland as I sit on the wooden porch outside a store (last time I was there, they sold pins) in a rocking chair.
If I'm over in Epcot I get up early, go in the IG, and listen to A. Belk "play the sunset" (I don't know the real name, but I heard it in "Mr. Holland's Opus" on clarinet) while I'm sitting on a bench in United Kingdom.
In Animal Kingdom I could spend hours on Gorilla Falls Trail (or called Pangani Forest Exploration Trail) watching the young bachelor gorillas across the bridge on the left. They remind me so much of the adolescent boys I used to teach. They can't be sent to the barns together-the CM has to distract the others while one goes in. Then he gets told on his walkie-talkie to send another, but just one. Ever let 2 adolescent boys go to the pencil sharpener at the same time? They HAVE TO play push-and-shove and punch-your-buddy, just like these gorillas would.

I live up north. In the winter, I enjoy the sunshine and the sound of the birds that are living at WDW for the winter.
I enjoy the background music. I listen to it often online.
People Mover at MK
Walking around the World Showcase as nightfall sets in and the torches are burning.
My absolute.....walking through the tunnel and seeing Main Street!

1) Flying into Orange County CA and being lucky enough that the plane banks around DL Park en route to SNA

2) Walking through the tunnel out onto main street and watching the scene unfold as you walk to the castle (as it was designed by Walt himself)

3) When you have fuzzy vision from being awake all day and you walk back down main street in a daze and all the lights have that fuzzy/warm glow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter