What are the odds

Johndubbya

Mouseketeer
Our trip is in September and that's when we are buying direct... (Yes I know about resale) We have no problem with Copper Creek but we are on the waitlist for animal kingdom Lodge.... What are the odds that animal kingdom Lodge comes through??

IMO DVD will increase selling sold out resorts as CCV sales wind down. The unknown is what will the new executive in charge of DVD/DVC do as she makes DVD/DVC her own.

:earsboy: Bill

They were buying back a decent amount from AKV not too long ago. I’m not sure on what they had for points left. The ROFR thread shows 14 bought back so far

You sound like you want AKL but will settle for CCV. Don’t buy somewhere you don’t really want just to buy. DVC is a huge investment over a long time. Be patient and get the home resort you want.

You sound like you want AKL but will settle for CCV. Don’t buy somewhere you don’t really want just to buy. DVC is a huge investment over a long time. Be patient and get the home resort you want.
No I'll be happy either way... I'm 90 days out today from my trip and would buy today if given the opportunity

I would say that your odds are great if you can buy any time the AK points become available. Are you constrained to buying while you are there? (I know some people are)
If so, just communicate with your guide as soon as possible and let them know you want points then. CCV is not a bad choice, but you don't want to put yourself in the position of "settling". Buy CCV because you love it. Not because of a time constraint.

I would say that your odds are great if you can buy any time the AK points become available. Are you constrained to buying while you are there? (I know some people are)
If so, just communicate with your guide as soon as possible and let them know you want points then. CCV is not a bad choice, but you don't want to put yourself in the position of "settling". Buy CCV because you love it. Not because of a time constraint.
I want both so I'm going to be happy either way. I want AKL because of the value and I want CCV because I love the location... Like I said in a previous post I want DVC like yesterday but we are going to hold off until the tour

I want both so I'm going to be happy either way. I want AKL because of the value and I want CCV because I love the location... Like I said in a previous post I want DVC like yesterday but we are going to hold off until the tour
If by "value" you mean the relative cost of buying into DVC (say, versus HHI/or VB), I agree AKV presents one of the better value option for DVC points.

But if by "value" you mean you are looking solely at studio accommodations in the "Value" category, you'll want to consider that AKV Value is a not a guarantee... just in case that is factoring heavily into your choice on buying that home resort. It's not just during "DVC High Season" either. Year round, people are walking value studio reservations. There are only 18 value studio (assuming there aren't any reserved as part of a 2BR lock-off) and a lot of AKV folks trying to stretch their DVC points at 11 months.

If by "value" you mean the relative cost of buying into DVC (say, versus HHI/or VB), I agree AKV presents one of the better value option for DVC points.

But if by "value" you mean you are looking solely at studio accommodations in the "Value" category, you'll want to consider that AKV Value is a not a guarantee... just in case that is factoring heavily into your choice on buying that home resort. It's not just during "DVC High Season" either. Year round, people are walking value studio reservations. There are only 18 value studio (assuming there aren't any reserved as part of a 2BR lock-off) and a lot of AKV folks trying to stretch their DVC points at 11 months.

I had no clue they only had 18 studios... That pretty much changes my mind then... To be honest with you I'd rather be a boat ride away from Magic Kingdom

I had no clue they only had 18 studios... That pretty much changes my mind then... To be honest with you I'd rather be a boat ride away from Magic Kingdom
Just to clarify, they only have 18 "Value" studios, not studios in general.

Just curious, if you are considering AKL, why would you pay much more by buying direct instead of resale?
I would find it hard to believe that the perks would be enough to offset the price differential.
Not judging just curiuos why you would intentially pay more.

It sounds like OP wants to buy direct to be able to close quickly and book a trip this year. Not sure if that's worth the premium since the other direct benefits are not.

Our trip is in September and that's when we are buying direct... (Yes I know about resale) We have no problem with Copper Creek but we are on the waitlist for animal kingdom Lodge.... What are the odds that animal kingdom Lodge comes through??
Keep calling your rep and you may get lucky. Seems to work for most people.

Just so you know, Copper Creek doesn't have a ton of studios so it can be tough to get consecutive nights 8 months out and nearly impossible inside of the 7 month window. If you're booking right at the 11 month window, you should be OK, but just make sure you are able to plan that far in advance.

We own at Copper Creek (50pts direct) and Boulder Ridge (150pts resale) and absolutely love the Lodge, the nature, the theming, the pools, the restaurants, the seclusion, and being so close the Magic Kingdom (our favorite park by far). The boat ride is very pleasant and the buses elsewhere aren't that bad either.

I haven't stayed at AKV, so I can't compare the two, but if location to Magic Kingdom is important to you, I personally would not buy at Animal Kingdom irrespective of the value consideration. If you want to make up some of the value, buy Boulder Ridge via resale. But as someone who bought Copper Creek direct, I still think there is value buying direct there because of the years remaining on the contract, direct perks, and how much we love the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!