What are the parks like between New Year's and Jan. 7?

adlingtonfamily

Earning My Ears
Our family is having a hard time finding a date that will work for everyone's schedule. But we would really like to go.

We were there from Jan 1-11 last year. The parks were a lot busier at the beginning of the trip, but nothing that I thought was too bad. MK was busy that Wednesday, and the EMH was really crowded as well. With FP and rope drop we rarely waited in lines though at most parks, and were able to get extras throughout the day. Just watch the crowd calendars and use the advice of which parks to avoid on certain days and you should be fine.

We were there at the beginning of the year, Dec 31-Jan 6. I went with the understanding that it would be very busy. My biggest surprise was the day we went to Animal Kingdom - it was packed!. Magic Kingdom was great on Jan 1. We did everything we wanted with FP and a couple of early mornings. We followed the crowd calendars on Touring Plans. The worst part was the QS restaurant at POR - by the end of the day I always found it really messy and they were out of a lot of things - drinks, ice, cream, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!