• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are you doing differnt to save gas money

I have tried several of the suggestions here, to no avail. So my decision is to move closer to the places I want to be(south) then I don't have to drive/tow as far to get there. And since my property tax just jump $1000 from last year, I think I am ready to move! Jim says even though he can't feel his butt(not the word he used) its sore cause he is taken it from everything.:scared1: My town is awful, economy stinks, gas is as high as ever, lets not even talk about oil, hey-let's reasses all the properties and jack up taxes. Give it too em' a little more.:sad2: Ahh, livin the American dream.

I feel for you hon! The big thing for us lately is our electric bill keeps going up. I have become the light police...try to charge my kids for leaving 'em on but they have no money either so that doesn't work. We have five tvs on at the same time some days, three computers on too or something ridiculous. ARGH!

My wife and I both drive diesel Jettas at 40 mpg. I traded My f-350 and 5er for a MH because I have no self control and could not stand looking at the truck just sit in the driveway it only got 15 mpg. I'm hoping when ford comes out with the new diesel f-150 it will get at least 30 mpg so I can have a truck again. Disney is our only trip this year and we planned othe things on the way to make the most out of our gas. The family is also on a strict bean diet starting tonight to help with milage Renewable energy;) .

I have tried several of the suggestions here, to no avail. So my decision is to move closer to the places I want to be(south) then I don't have to drive/tow as far to get there. And since my property tax just jump $1000 from last year, I think I am ready to move! Jim says even though he can't feel his butt(not the word he used) its sore cause he is taken it from everything.:scared1: My town is awful, economy stinks, gas is as high as ever, lets not even talk about oil, hey-let's reasses all the properties and jack up taxes. Give it too em' a little more.:sad2: Ahh, livin the American dream.

I understand wanting to move closer to FtW!!!! We moved "closer" to FtW in 2003 --- and that's so we'd be only 25 miles away instead of 85 miles away!:rotfl2: Are we FtW obsessed, or what??? Now, we even think twice about the 50 mile round trip just to run into the parks or "free-load" at FtW! If THAT'S not the sign of a bad economy...I don't know what is??

The truly sad thing about your plan Nicole, is you probably can't sell your house in today's market. :headache:

Amen sister lamenting about the bad economy! Here's another example: My kids are becoming unaccustomed to being in public anymore as we stay home AMAP, therefore they are often misbehaved when we do go out on that once weekly shopping trip or to the library. Like a spring fever kind of thing that I remember from my youth after a long winter. Some of the consequences of the economy tanking are actually beneficial like the no fast food, no senseless toy buying on every grocery trip, etc. but I'm over it really. We are in the unfortunate position of facing some dental bills (one child needs braces, another's teeth are rotting with space maintainers necessary, not to mention my woes which won't be taken care of anytime soon so as to fix the kids' problems first). Anyway, my desire to live this one life to the fullest is at war with the trying financial position we are in. It helps to know we're not alone though.

I drive 30 miles one way to work and drive a SUV unfortunately. I'm consolidating errands and have gone back to coupon saving. I also buy online from home as much as possible.

Clipping coupons is something I could do better at. Of course I read the paper online so I don't get the good coupons in the Sunday edition, but we do have a Wed. mailer with a few.

I went on medical leave, so the truck will sit for a month :-)

Seriously. I only have a 3.5 mile commute to work, so there is not really much we could do better. I thought about riding my bike to work, but there is a 1 mile stretch that is really dangerous, so that's probably out.

One thing I do for my Disney trips is do things like MyPoints, and Memolink for gas cards. This last weekend trip to WDW I had $175 in free gas, and I used credit card points to pay the actual Disney bill.

EVERYTHING that possibly can goes on the points card (not Disney Visa, not worth it), and then we pay for Disney trips with the points.

I went on medical leave, so the truck will sit for a month :-)

Seriously. I only have a 3.5 mile commute to work, so there is not really much we could do better. I thought about riding my bike to work, but there is a 1 mile stretch that is really dangerous, so that's probably out.

One thing I do for my Disney trips is do things like MyPoints, and Memolink for gas cards. This last weekend trip to WDW I had $175 in free gas, and I used credit card points to pay the actual Disney bill.

EVERYTHING that possibly can goes on the points card (not Disney Visa, not worth it), and then we pay for Disney trips with the points.

thinking about the Disney Visa and then putting the AP renewals on there next summer.

I ride the bus to work and my van only had 2,000 miles put on it for the last 12 months - Bills tailgate parties and camping.

That's one disadvantage to living in a more rural part of FL...it's a drive to go anywhere. But you gotta love the privacy. :)

I've been condensing my trips, and trying to get all my stops in one trip. I have to say, this summer has been bad, we are going stir crazy in the house. Every time I take the kids somewhere, it costs $$, so we've been staying in alot. I've been big on cutting coupons since last November, and I am much more cognizant of sales and combining them with the coupons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter