What are your best touring/attraction tips

Beth E. (NJ)

<font color=red>Disney obsessed<br><font color=blu
Lets say that your best friend was going to the World for the very first time. She/he knew nothing at all.

Aside from pointing them to the DIS and saying "start reading" what tips would you offer them? Do this? Go here? What is your biggest/best tip? Your thing that other people don't know?

Im sure most people here know this stuff, but for newbies I would say...

Get to the parks at opening time and use EE at AK and MK.
Do at least 1 character meal per trip.
Take midday pool breaks when necessary.
Do Not Miss...Festival of the Lion King, or Fantasmic...both are amazing shows.
Make PSs for any places you definitely want to eat at.
Stay onsite...look for discounts.

Check Mousesavers web site for any WDW hotel discounts

If none, then use AAA discount for WDW hotel

Stay on site in WDW if you can. Bus service to the theme parks is
very nice.

Stay off site for arrival night to save money and use Biddingfortravel web site to get a 3* hotel at very reasonable rates through priceline.

Arrive at theme parks before opening time and use EE for MK, MGM and AK.

Go to EPCOT in the afternoon and evening.

Watch the parades in MK in Frontierland by Splash Mountain
and when last float passes run to Splash Mountain and ride with no wait. You might even ride Big Thunder Mountain with little wait if lucky.

Buy the Unofficial Guide to WDW by Bob Sehlinger and use it to tour the parks smart, avoiding rides when they are crowded and using your time wisely to not stand in long lines.

DO NOT GO to WDW with children under the age of 4.
I have done this and it is not fun. Wait until they are not scared of everything and meet the height requirements of most rides.

:D

spend at least 1 night at PI if old enough or into it.Especially go to Comedy Warehouse and Adventure's Club and Rock n Roll Beach

...to NOT plan too much!! Sometimes,there's just too much planned for one day! I'm definitely not going to fall into that "every-minute-is-planned mode. I want my vacation to be fun AND relaxing!!! I don't want to come home and need a vacation from taking a vacation!!! Part of the reason I wanted to go to WDW for 2 weeks is so we won't feel like we have to rush rush rush to get everything in. We've never gone loger than 5 days,so 2 weeks will be wicked awesome!!!!!

airhead

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter