What are your favorite seats on the WDW coasters?

WebmasterBarry

DIS Veteran
I'm working on a special project on the roller coasters of Central Florida and I need some help. What are your favorite seats on the roller coasters at WDW?

We have:

MK: Space Mt., BTMRR, Barnstormer
AK: Primeval Whirl
MGM: RNR Coaster

Thanks!

On any roller coaster, I like to sit in the very last seat. More "whiplash" effect, and you're already at top speed before you start down a hill. Front seat is highly overrated, IMHO.

Space Mt. =front seat
BTMR= last seat, by far the best
RNR= front
Primivil whirl= either outside seat

I'm a chicken so I like the front seat because you are partway down the hill before the car is released.

Always vote for the last seat on the roller coaster, but haven't ridden Barnstormer or Primeval Whirl. (usually don't actually sit in the absolute last seat, but one in front of the last is fine, too, depends if I have to wait extra for it!)

Jenn

The last seat, definitely, on any roller coaster. We sat in the last seat on RNR and it was wild! :eek: We then sat in the front seat, and I didn't think it was as wild, so we always strive for the back!!;)

Last seat on BTMMR definitely...and Space Mountain...have yet to go on RnRC but soon!

I like the back seats the best. on RnR you can see the entire coaster going into the loop ahead of you which is pretty cool. on Space mtn, front seat is good unless the car is full of heavier set people then the back is best because you get more pull and it takes your stomach more when it gos down the little hills. BTMRR the best seat is in the back because the front seems slow to get going. on primevil whirl, it doesn't matter. I'm leaving for WDW tommorow morning and can't wait! Linda

I like the very back of any normal wooden or steel roller coaster. Especially Big Thunder. You go so slow when you are in the front.

Any flying or hanging coaster (none at WDW yet) I like to be in the front. Nothing in the way. I like to see what is in front. Not so much the track, but the ground or whatever they zip you towards and turn away from at the last second. :)

Ted

BTMRR -- definitely the back seat.
RNR -- the front seat
Space Mtn or Primeval Whirl -- no preference.

no preference on any of the coasters
except Space Mountain there I will take any seat BUT the front seat!

THe back on all the coasters are the best. I agree with whom ever said that the front seat is so over rated. Primevel Whirl I like the outter edge.
Twinz

Normally I would agree that the back seats on any roller coaster would give the biggest thrill.
However, last June my son and I went on Big Thunder several times (one or our favorites) and one time we sat in the last seat and were very disappointed. The next ride we just happened to get the first seat and had a very wild ride.
After getting off we tried to figure out why the first seat turned out far better than the last. The only thing we could come up with is that the weight of the cars on Big Thunder must cause a kind of pushing sensation to the front of the train. The design of the cars are much different than most coasters and appear to be very heavy.
Anyway, we were very surprised and hope to try this front/back seat challenge again this June.

Front seat on Space, Big Thunder, RnRC

Have never been on Barnstormer or Primeval.

The back seat on all the coasters (esp BTMRR--we tried the front seat on this one and it stunk!!! The CM even tried to warn us that it was one slow ride), except the front seat of the log on Splash Mtn, and the second to last seat on RnRC (the last seat is just too rough for me). As for PW--definitely one of the seats on the edge of the car!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter